ADVERTISEMENT

Just for random general topics.

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
I see that the last time Shaunclair was seen was July 8, 2017. I sent him a private message on the conversation feature, on the off chance that he would answer. He was certainly a character, but he added a lot of fun and spice to our conversations. I for one, miss him.

I also miss Devils99. I know his position as an AD greatly limits his time and his ability to speak his mind on Preps these days. But he sure has his hand on the pulse of football in the tidewater area.

There was, or is an older gentleman from Chilhowie that used to post about his team and the far southwest. I hope and pray his health is good.anyone know his situation.

The former editor of Preps, Rod Johnson?, left to Coach down in the tidewater area. I believe it was Oscar Smith? Is he still coaching down there?

There was a guy from Tidewater that was in the Navy, I think. The last I heard he was due to return from deployment. He was a big LT fan, if I recall correctly. I wonder were he is? It’s been several years since we have heard from him.

Does anyone know “authoritatively“ what the cost is to install a turf field? Specifically inside the track only.

I heard that the new Mecklenburg school had structural issues and the kids were back at the old two school buildings until the problems are rectified.
Does anyone have the scoop?

If you are wondering why I have time to do all this typing, my ass is sick as a dog. It’s that damn respiratory crap going around. I would stagger into work and try to tough it out, but I don’t want to expose my employees. So here I am in bed, miserable as all hell. And bored to tears. Don’t get me wrong, I‘m not complaining. There are a lot of folks a heck of a lot worse off than me. I just don’t do “sick” well at all.

I see that the last time Shaunclair was seen was July 8, 2017. I sent him a private message on the conversation feature, on the off chance that he would answer. He was certainly a character, but he added a lot of fun and spice to our conversations. I for one, miss him.

I also miss Devils99. I know his position as an AD greatly limits his time and his ability to speak his mind on Preps these days. But he sure has his hand on the pulse of football in the tidewater area.

There was, or is an older gentleman from Chilhowie that used to post about his team and the far southwest. I hope and pray his health is good.anyone know his situation.

The former editor of Preps, Rod Johnson?, left to Coach down in the tidewater area. I believe it was Oscar Smith? Is he still coaching down there?

There was a guy from Tidewater that was in the Navy, I think. The last I heard he was due to return from deployment. He was a big LT fan, if I recall correctly. I wonder were he is? It’s been several years since we have heard from him.

Does anyone know “authoritatively“ what the cost is to install a turf field? Specifically inside the track only.

I heard that the new Mecklenburg school had structural issues and the kids were back at the old two school buildings until the problems are rectified.

If you are wondering why I have time to do all this typing, my ass is sick as a dog. It’s that damn respiratory crap going around. I would stagger into work and try to tough it out, but I don’t want to expose my employees. So here I am in bed, miserable as all hell. And bored to tears. Don’t get me wrong, I‘m not complaining. There are a lot of folks a heck of a lot worse off than me. I just don’t do “sick” well at all.
I also miss Shauntclair

I also miss Shauntclair
The last time I communicated with him he said that he had moved to Maryland. He had told me prior to that that he was caring for his elderly mother. I believe he moved her to a nursing home because they just couldn’t take care of her at home any longer. You know he would play fast and furious with the truth sometimes, but all of this sounded pretty realistic. Like you, I miss him. Truthfully, I guess we will never know.

Feel better soon

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Thank you both. I have tested positive for Covid, after three vaccinations, and all these years, I thought that I must have a natural immunity. Wrong.
I’ve been exposed a bunch of times which led me to believe that I was home free.

Gang, I’m a sick, sick, puppy. I’m told that the newer variants are a lot shorter lived. God, I hope so. I don’t know that I’m any tougher than anyone else, but I ain’t a wimp either. But this mess has stopped me in my tracks. I’ve got previous serious lung and heart issues that worry me. Right now my breathing is normal. If it gets the least bit labored, I’m headed to an ER.

To everyone that has been affected by this crap, I apologize for not appreciating how debilitating it can be. My buddy Bleeding Navy tried to make me appreciate how severe it can be. I thought maybe he was a little paranoid. My humble apologies.

DP I hope you feel better soon. I'm dealing with the same thing. I had kidney cancer and they took out 1 of my kidneys and immunotherapy caused my liver and pancreas function to shut down and now I shoot insulin 4 times a day because it turned me into a diabetic. I go to Duke for my medical visits and I've had more immunization shots than I care to count, and I still got Covid about 3 weeks ago and I can't shake it. I feel pretty bad all the time so you have my sympathy buddy, it ain't nothing to play with.

DP I hope you feel better soon. I'm dealing with the same thing. I had kidney cancer and they took out 1 of my kidneys and immunotherapy caused my liver and pancreas function to shut down and now I shoot insulin 4 times a day because it turned me into a diabetic. I go to Duke for my medical visits and I've had more immunization shots than I care to count, and I still got Covid about 3 weeks ago and I can't shake it. I feel pretty bad all the time so you have my sympathy buddy, it ain't nothing to play with.
Rest assured that you are in my prayers. There is a beautiful bluegrass/gospel song that has the lyrics, “ thy burdens are greater than mine.” This sure applies to you. I wish you a speedy recovery from Covid, and I pray that your liver and pancreas decide to get back to work and do their job.

Thanks brother. No great burden here, I go back to Duke on Feb 7 for CT scans and blood work and just going into the waiting room I look around and there are 20-30 people who have it alot worse than I do. I listen to bluegrass gospel on a daily basis (I like the old stuff, Stanley Brothers especially). Our faith will get us thru it, one way or another.

The last time I communicated with him he said that he had moved to Maryland. He had told me prior to that that he was caring for his elderly mother. I believe he moved her to a nursing home because they just couldn’t take care of her at home any longer. You know he would play fast and furious with the truth sometimes, but all of this sounded pretty realistic. Like you, I miss him. Truthfully, I guess we will never
Thank you both. I have tested positive for Covid, after three vaccinations, and all these years, I thought that I must have a natural immunity. Wrong.
I’ve been exposed a bunch of times which led me to believe that I was home free.

Gang, I’m a sick, sick, puppy. I’m told that the newer variants are a lot shorter lived. God, I hope so. I don’t know that I’m any tougher than anyone else, but I ain’t a wimp either. But this mess has stopped me in my tracks. I’ve got previous serious lung and heart issues that worry me. Right now my breathing is normal. If it gets the least bit labored, I’m headed to an ER.

To everyone that has been affected by this crap, I apologize for not appreciating how debilitating it can be. My buddy Bleeding Navy tried to make me appreciate how severe it can be. I thought maybe he was a little paranoid. My humble apologies.
I’m sorry Dinwiddie. I’m praying for you

Praying for you Dinwiddie

Prayers for you as well @hrsepasture1 You have a full plate. Faith is a wonderful thing to help us through our challenges.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
I’m sorry Dinwiddie. I’m praying for you

Praying for you Dinwiddie
Thank you Wikki. Like our buddy above says, one quick glance around and you quickly become ashamed for complaining about your minuscule problems.
Thanks brother. No great burden here, I go back to Duke on Feb 7 for CT scans and blood work and just going into the waiting room I look around and there are 20-30 people who have it alot worse than I do. I listen to bluegrass gospel on a daily basis (I like the old stuff, Stanley Brothers especially). Our faith will get us thru it, one way or another.
I think that song is on the Cox Family with Alison Kraus CD.

I’m glad your faith is strong. It is reassuring to know that all of our aches and pains, all of our tears and sadness, and all of the unanswered questions will instantly vanish.

l pray that the doctors look at your Cat Scan and use the word miraculously!

I believe he moved away

DP, we played IKnow who holds Tommorow off of that Allison Krauss and the Cox Family cd at my wife's funeral 25 years ago this month. My boys were just 14 and 10 at the time and that cd has a special place in my heart. The boys turned out to be pretty good athletes at Magna Vista and both went on to college to play baseball. They both are in law enforcement now, with promotions and accommodations for both. So if the Lord calls me home in the near future, I've lived a blessed life, 4 grandkids who I adore and also people on here who I love to converse with about high school sports.

DP I forgot all about Devils99... he was a great, informative resident on the boards. Having been on the boards since 2001 I have seen a ton come and go... sort of the order of things in life.

As for Rod Johnson... he is still in the coaching game, now at Lakeland in Suffolk as OC.

Feel better my friend, I meant what I said this morning... need anything just let me know. I'll put on a Hazmat suit and make the 45 minute drive.

DP I forgot all about Devils99... he was a great, informative resident on the boards. Having been on the boards since 2001 I have seen a ton come and go... sort of the order of things in life.

As for Rod Johnson... he is still in the coaching game, now at Lakeland in Suffolk as OC.

Feel better my friend, I meant what I said this morning... need anything just let me know. I'll put on a Hazmat suit and make the 45 minute drive.
Thanks Danny. If you ever talk to Rod, tell him that I said hi.

The way I feel this morning, you maybe should put on your hazmat suit, AND stay 45 minutes away. But seriously, thank you. I know you would come running if I needed anything, and I sincerely appreciate that.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
DP, we played IKnow who holds Tommorow off of that Allison Krauss and the Cox Family cd at my wife's funeral 25 years ago this month. My boys were just 14 and 10 at the time and that cd has a special place in my heart. The boys turned out to be pretty good athletes at Magna Vista and both went on to college to play baseball. They both are in law enforcement now, with promotions and accommodations for both. So if the Lord calls me home in the near future, I've lived a blessed life, 4 grandkids who I adore and also people on here who I love to converse with about high school sports.
You and your wife obviously did a great job of raising those two young men. I’m sure you still miss her terribly, but she is looking down and smiling.

That particular CD is in my top five all time. I’ve never seen the Cox Family in concert but I’ve seen Alison twice. There is a small, intimate venue down in Hopewell called the Beacon Theatre that host music weekly. They have quite a few big name entertainers that typically prefer the smaller venues. I’m hoping that one day the Cox Family will be there. Incidently, Donna Meade, Jimmy Dean’s widow, has resurrected the Old Dominion Barn Dance and that is their home now. By the way, Springer76’s dad played on the original ODBD.

Going to a football game at “The Hole” is on my bucket list. I swung by just to see the place a few years ago. I really liked it. I have a love of old concrete stadiums.

Isn’t Jimmy Hensley from Horsepasture?

I also met Rod Johnson, very nice I’ve met several people from the VHSL. The guy who I met years ago “Tombstone” hasn’t been on here for years.

Jimmy's daughters used to babysit for us when the boys were young. We all went to church together and Jimmy's wife was both of my boys 4th grade teacher. Used to go to races with them alot. He is a very good person, don't make them no better.

Ole @shauntclair there's and oldie but goodie! Talk about someone that could twist someone's intended words...LOL!!! What about the fella that used to do radio broadcasting, was the HUGE Spotsy fan. Good grief could he ever get his tightie whities in a wad! LOL! Me and @Lafayette could send him into orbit in a nanosecond!

There used to be a huge Chancellor and James Monroe influence on these boards. They just drifted away....

Thanks Danny. If you ever talk to Rod, tell him that I said hi.

The way I feel this morning, you maybe should put on your hazmat suit, AND stay 45 minutes away. But seriously, thank you. I know you would come running if I needed anything, and I sincerely appreciate that.
Hope you feel better soon. I had it in July. I did not feel sick, but I had no energy whatsoever.

Hope you feel better soon. I had it in July. I did not feel sick, but I had no energy whatsoever.
Thanks Tommy. I guess I was just stupid. I thought after all this time that I wouldn’t catch it. Heck, I figured that I probably had it and didn’t even realize I had it. I figured if I caught it that it would be the sniffles and I would move on. Boy, was I wrong.
Glad yours was not so bad. Do you still get unusually fatigued after all this time?

Two others that we haven’t heard from in quite awhile are mvwarrior and 86culpgrad. I thought a lot of their post. Always polite and insightful.

Hey FoxesPride, I see that White seems to like Texas A&M. He has a lot of tome to decide, but that is a pretty darn good school. Who is that other tall receiver you have? Is he a junior, too?

King Georges two receivers are one of the best tandems I have ever seen in high school. Having one 6'1"-6'4" receiver is a blessing, two is a gold mine. Just throw it up and they will go get it. They both have good hands and run sound routes. The crazy thing is they have very deceptive speed. It looks like they are jogging yet they pull away from db's. Maybe we can get them to enroll early at their chosen college. 😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT