ADVERTISEMENT

Oakton 7 Robinson 0

chi bears

VaPreps Varsity
Mar 9, 2003
David Allely ran it in from 17 yards out with six and a half minutes remaining, breaking a scoreless tie and giving Oakton its first win since September. As a result, the Cougars snapped a four game losing skid, earned a mess of power points that in one fell swoop re-energizes their playoff hopes, and continued an impressive recent showing on defense. Oakton was last scored upon in the opening minutes of the second quarter of last week's loss at Centreville. In this one, the Cougars completely, relentlessly, smothered the Robinson running game and the Rams were able to accomplish little of consequence through the air without their first string quarterback, who was unavailable. Key play in Oakton's game winning drive was a 30 yard Tutone to Bacon completion on a third and six from midfield. The Cougars had had two earlier scoring chances snuffed out by interceptions deep in Ram territory but Robinson, too, turned the ball over in this one, losing the ball on fumbles at least three times that I can remember. But after the opening period, the Rams never threatened in Oakton territory. The Cougars are now even at 4-4 on the season, with games remaining at Westfield next week and with Herndon at home to close the schedule. Robinson is 6-2 with two home games remaining, against Chantilly and Centreville.

No, Miller played and the absence of any passing game plus I believe four or five Robinson turnovers shows that the Rams will not likely win again this season. Miller is just a Sophomore and trying his best but Robinson is strictly one dimensional and Oakton bottled up their running game quite well. Oddly, Dedmon and Founcha got very few carries. I am not sure if Jake Rowlett is going to play again this season although he looked healthily and moved fine on the sideline but was not dressed out.

This post was edited on 10/25 12:48 AM by bluemetro

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT