• Colonial Forge

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • Oscar Smith

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters

OCBoy

VaPreps All Region
Nov 12, 2001
The game Forge has been waiting on since last year. I know they are glad to be at home to earn a chance at redemption and a state championship.

Colonial Forge has earned this game at home this year. But the Tiger's have embraced the underdog role this year and have woken up in the playoffs with dominance and focus.

I'm looking forward to the battle on Saturday!

Reactions: OCBoy
Colonial Forge has earned this game at home this year. But the Tiger's have embraced the underdog role this year and have woken up in the playoffs with dominance and focus.

I'm looking forward to the battle on Saturday!
O no trust me Forge is taking the underdog role as Oscar Smith has knocked them out too many years in a row

Gonna be a good game but forge is undefeated and was ranked #1 from the start of the season for a reason and many havs picked tp win it all. They have the better team. Forge by 10 but Smith embraces being on the road i think they rather have it like that if you look at there past championship teams all went via on the road.

I was sold on Forge for the year after watching them get the OT win over Hylton back in September. Just the way they were able to overcome a rough early start, turnovers, came back from behind on two separate occasions, and pulled off the win in OT. It was a glimpse of what they are capable of doing this season in a big semi-final game or state championship, being able to work their way back into a game even when things don't go their way at times. I felt like if they found themselves in a close battle like that again, at this stage of the playoffs, they would come out on top. If it does come down to the wire when they play Oscar Smith, I think Forge gets it done this year.

What is the true date/time for this game? I've seen 3 different dates/times given. Thanks. GO FORGE!!!
You may see different times, but nothing is official until noon on Monday, which is when the participating schools must report the date and time to VHSL. That being said, I am certain the game will be at Forge (higher seed), and virtually certain it will be played on Saturday (semis have been played on Saturdays for at least 15 years). The time will be decided by the two schools.

You may see different times, but nothing is official until noon on Monday, which is when the participating schools must report the date and time to VHSL. That being said, I am certain the game will be at Forge (higher seed), and virtually certain it will be played on Saturday (semis have been played on Saturdays for at least 15 years). The time will be decided by the two schools.
Not always the case we played Monacan in 2014 on a Friday Night

Massaponax hosted Stone Bridge on Friday December 2 last year

C. Forge and Smith have played 3 times....The first was back after Forge Upset undefeated Ocean Lakes I believe that was 2013. We had to travel to Smith on a dirt field that was muddy and slow. Smith had bigger players and although C. Forge had a couple of chances to score but Smith won 17-0. That next year C Forge came down to O.Smith field again.... scored first however ended up Losing 33-17. C. Forge got upset in the first round in 2015 by River bend. So we returned to play Smith again in 2016 and were up the entire game. Smith threw a touchdown pass with 30 seconds left to pull out the win 27-20. That was a devastating lost for C. Forge.....I believe they are no longer scared of the AURA of Playing Oscar Smith.... This is the first year we play Smith in Stafford....we have been waiting on this for at least 5 years. So this is it...C. Forge has to beat the BIG DOG Oscar Smith if it wants to get to the State Championship game. That's why they play the game.....Here we go!!!

Reactions: CavsGrad
C. Forge and Smith have played 3 times....The first was back after Forge Upset undefeated Ocean Lakes I believe that was 2013. We had to travel to Smith on a dirt field that was muddy and slow. Smith had bigger players and although C. Forge had a couple of chances to score but Smith won 17-0. That next year C Forge came down to O.Smith field again.... scored first however ended up Losing 33-17. C. Forge got upset in the first round in 2015 by River bend. So we returned to play Smith again in 2016 and were up the entire game. Smith threw a touchdown pass with 30 seconds left to pull out the win 27-20. That was a devastating lost for C. Forge.....I believe they are no longer scared of the AURA of Playing Oscar Smith.... This is the first year we play Smith in Stafford....we have been waiting on this for at least 5 years. So this is it...C. Forge has to beat the BIG DOG Oscar Smith if it wants to get to the State Championship game. That's why they play the game.....Here we go!!!

I was wondering if Forge had ever won one against Smith. I remember Forge taking down a stacked OL team that was probably looking ahead to Smith, but didn't think Forge had ever gotten by Smith. Should be a great game.

I went to that Ocean Lakes upset game in 2013. It was played on Kellam's turf field & it seemed like 1 player pretty much beat them. He ran back a punt & was a shut down DB.

Saturday's game will be won in the trenches. Both teams have great skilled players & linebackers. The team that can get to the QB and shut down the run game will prevail.

Smith needs to be ready for Forge's special team play. It looks like Forge has gotten past their toughest opponents by blocking punts and kicks.

Reactions: CavsGrad
Sounds like many are not giving Smith a shot because of the game last year and them having to go on road to Forge. Some have said Forge in a blowout. Well shall see.

Reactions: 757FridayNiteZ
I'm certain that Colonial Forge is not feeling that they'll trounce Smith after they watch videos from the last 2 games. That game against Landstown was a dominant Regional Championship game against an undefeated team!

I think CF is counting too much on the hopes that the Smith players are going to get tired Saturday. Unlike in years past, they utilize very few 2 way players this year. They are 3 deep at most all skiled positions this year as well.

The trolling on twitter by OS isn’t helping their cause either

Nothing too serious I hope? I wouldn't know that works but calling out a tough opponent generally isn't a good idea. Dou you have a link? I did see a post with reference to #OFSAMBUSHNATION, but that's about a student cheer section (not very good yet this year & still learning).

Nothing too serious I hope? I wouldn't know that works but calling out a tough opponent generally isn't a good idea. Dou you have a link? I did see a post with reference to #OFSAMBUSHNATION, but that's about a student cheer section (not very good yet this year & still learning).
I'll look for it today at work and send the link

I went to that Ocean Lakes upset game in 2013. It was played on Kellam's turf field & it seemed like 1 player pretty much beat them. He ran back a punt & was a shut down DB.

Saturday's game will be won in the trenches. Both teams have great skilled players & linebackers. The team that can get to the QB and shut down the run game will prevail.

Smith needs to be ready for Forge's special team play. It looks like Forge has gotten past their toughest opponents by blocking punts and kicks.
That player sounds like one Mr. Gary Jennings; who now is one of the starting wideouts for West Virginia.

So its Forge players its all good the game is won and loss on the field. No problem with former players supporting their school.

It really should be a very good battle! He wore #4 @ WB but it's taken already.

Forge Coaches will likely have to spend some late evenings reviewing game videos for his Western Branch games. If nothing else, B. Harrell is creating an unwelcome distraction for your team! He single handedly kept WB in the game against Kings Fork and then beat them in OT. (Only regular season loss by KF).

This is ridiculous. Oscar Smith should be very very careful how this "transfer" is handled.

This is ridiculous. Oscar Smith should be very very careful how this "transfer" is handled.
If his family actually moved, then it is legit. The reasons why don't really matter. Yes, it is unusual, but as far as I know there is no reason a family cannot move and a team cannot accept the athlete if they are a resident in the school zone and in good academic standing.

That said, there is the argument (at least for football) of team chemistry and not benching a player this late in the season who has worked hard all year for his spot.

The Va Pilot quoted OS coach as saying he would be playing CB and matched up in man coverage. No need to teach / learn anything new- just play ball

If his family actually moved, then it is legit. The reasons why don't really matter. Yes, it is unusual, but as far as I know there is no reason a family cannot move and a team cannot accept the athlete if they are a resident in the school zone and in good academic standing.

That said, there is the argument (at least for football) of team chemistry and not benching a player this late in the season who has worked hard all year for his spot.
He didn’t try out to make the team so he shouldn’t be able to play

So let me go get an apartment for the Freedom qb Felton And running back Ricky Slade in the Colonial Forge district and let them play. Then I’ll break my lease at the end of the school year and move them back home.

Reactions: tw2126
He didn’t try out to make the team so he shouldn’t be able to play
I absolutely agree since it is so late in the season, but the rules say he can play. It comes down to the head coach's ethics, IMO, when you add a kid in the state semis. Is winning that important? This is high school where young men/women learn some important life lessons. Also, if you cannot win with the team that got you there, the team that worked for it, then so be it.

So let me go get an apartment for the Freedom qb Felton And running back Ricky Slade in the Colonial Forge district and let them play. Then I’ll break my lease at the end of the school year and move them back home.

The rule is very specific, an actual move must occur. Letting the family stay in their current home & moving in with family, friends, or getting a side apartment is NOT considered a legitimate move.

I'm not saying I would have done it but if the family relocates, there's no need to penalize the kid!

The transfer issue would stop if the recruiters would consider the lack of loyalty a character flaw. But, to this point, it's been a non-issue. So, don't expect any changes on this matter.

The rule is very specific, an actual move must occur. Letting the family stay in their current home & moving in with family, friends, or getting a side apartment is NOT considered a legitimate move.

I'm not saying I would have done it but if the family relocates, there's no need to penalize the kid!

The transfer issue would stop if the recruiters would consider the lack of loyalty a character flaw. But, to this point, it's been a non-issue. So, don't expect any changes on this matter.
Okay I’ll move the whole family then same difference

Reactions: tw2126
I absolutely agree since it is so late in the season, but the rules say he can play. It comes down to the head coach's ethics, IMO, when you add a kid in the state semis. Is winning that important? This is high school where young men/women learn some important life lessons. Also, if you cannot win with the team that got you there, the team that worked for it, then so be it.

Colonial Forge can choose to let all this get to them or they can use it to motivate them to dig deeper and fight a little harder. I know Smith was on the opposite end of the transfers 3 years ago when three All Tidwater players ALL left for different schools. That team STILL took Westfield to 3 OT's at the State Game in Charlottesville.

Colonial Forge can choose to let all this get to them or they can use it to motivate them to dig deeper and fight a little harder. I know Smith was on the opposite end of the transfers 3 years ago when three All Tidwater players ALL left for different schools. That team STILL took Westfield to 3 OT's at the State Game in Charlottesville.
They definitely are using it as motivation

It really should be a very good battle! He wore #4 @ WB but it's taken already.

Forge Coaches will likely have to spend some late evenings reviewing game videos for his Western Branch games. If nothing else, B. Harrell is creating an unwelcome distraction for your team! He single handedly kept WB in the game against Kings Fork and then beat them in OT. (Only regular season loss by KF).

He also single handedly kept WB in the game with LT. I happened to be at that game. I didn't realize you could transfer in like that mid-season.
Where is he going to play do you think? You think he will just be inserted in situationally or is he going to be a starter on offense or defense? Either way the rich guy just got a new lamborgini!

This game is interesting. Oscar Smith has already slipped on their banana peel and gotten that out of the way. Colonial Forge hasn't. But as some posters said already they have been number 1 all year.

If the Oscar Smith that trounced Landstown shows up then I can't call it. I think I'll take Smith in a super tight game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT