ADVERTISEMENT

Saw this on the Hampton Roads High School Football page

MaxPreps has PDS one spot behind HSHS in their national rankings. Heard it was similar to HSHS’s loss a couple weeks ago in Maryland. Henley is gonna be a tough cover!
HSHS was missing a few key starters this weekend. Also, HSHS loss to Butler in the quarterfinals Saturday, the refs missed a key pass inference in the end zone and awarded the butler dB with an interception that eventually decided the game. HSHS lost by 3 to Butler. The highlights are on YouTube under blazing 7 on 7, check it out for yourself.

Well personally that aint happening. But I really like how some of you guys come behind here talking about him and the school but be in the fb pages and everything like go there and voice your opinion. And no I'm not condoning the fight or whatever happened. But a lot of you guys get up here talking about maury like the kids and coaches are bad people but look what they doing over there kids graduating going to school and definitely one hell of a team.
Tbh, I have not heard one person bad mouth the head coach Dyrii McCain. Tbh, I really don't hear anyone bagging on the kids, however coach priv is a different story, and he has had to be reprimanded in the past by Maury coaches for his mouth and antics on Social media. He was talking crazy a few years back to Damond Harmon of HSHS and the coaches had to intervene. I heard he was talking crazy to green run players last year after the game and coaches had to intervene. Coaches have to be held to a higher standard than high school players and Priv behavior is unacceptable.

Well personally that aint happening. But I really like how some of you guys come behind here talking about him and the school but be in the fb pages and everything like go there and voice your opinion. And no I'm not condoning the fight or whatever happened. But a lot of you guys get up here talking about maury like the kids and coaches are bad people but look what they doing over there kids graduating going to school and definitely one hell of a team.
Maury is poorly disciplined and that’s why they’ve gotten outcoached every year they’ve made the big game except that one year when they were just better than everybody. There’s zero excuses for the way Priv acts. We as black men gotta do better cause our kids are suffering. Gotta stop excusing stuff because it pertains to another black man and call it for what it is. It’s sad that anybody can be called a “coach” nowadays and have influence on these impressionable young men.

Last edited:
Maury is poorly disciplined and that’s why they’ve gotten outcoached every year they’ve made the big game except that one year when they were just better than everybody. There’s zero excuses for the way Priv acts. We as black men gotta stop excusing stuff and call it for what it is.
I won't bash all the Maury coaches, because McCain is a really good coach Xs and Os, it's just their defensive coordinator Priv that has some issues. They were missing 2 of their best players that got hurt in the semi final game against green run last year when HSHS beat them in the state championship. Also, they probably should have beat Stonebridge 2 years ago when SB connected on that hail mary on the last play of the game. Maury is a well coached team that only lost 2 games to HSHS(VA state champs) and New Bern(NC state champs). Maury just has 1 immature coach that gives the program a bad rap.

I won't bash all the Maury coaches, because McCain is a really good coach Xs and Os, it's just their defensive coordinator Priv that has some issues. They were missing 2 of their best players that got hurt in the semi final game against green run last year when HSHS beat them in the state championship. Also, they probably should have beat Stonebridge 2 years ago when SB connected on that hail mary on the last play of the game. Maury is a well coached team that only lost 2 games to HSHS(VA state champs) and New Bern(NC state champs). Maury just has 1 immature coach that gives the program a bad rap.
I stand corrected bro. All it takes is one bad apple to spoil the bunch. Gotta get rid of the trash to protect the brand.

Reactions: Thomasddev
HSHS was missing a few key starters this weekend. Also, HSHS loss to Butler in the quarterfinals Saturday, the refs missed a key pass inference in the end zone and awarded the butler dB with an interception that eventually decided the game. HSHS lost by 3 to Butler. The highlights are on YouTube under blazing 7 on 7, check it out for yourself.
I heard the same. I knew The Magician was missing day 1,but was also told a few other starters didn’t make the trip AT ALL,but no other names were mentioned. I watched the Utube video Sunday,and that’s when I saw the Magician’s reception over the top. Who else was missing?

Understand you but I do say outside of the talk that he has with mostly other coaches and friends on social media and I can't really anything else that can be hearsay. He's not a bad coach ethier. Heck tbh I know that schools administration and if he was really the problem yall say he was he would have been gone along time ago. So like I said he may talk his talk but he aint no bad man and a good DC and yall may just notice him because he's the loudest but he aint the only 757 coach yall see in them rooms. But hey we all feel how we feel. Just can't wait till the season to start.

I heard the same. I knew The Magician was missing day 1,but was also told a few other starters didn’t make the trip AT ALL,but no other names were mentioned. I watched the Utube video Sunday,and that’s when I saw the Magician’s reception over the top. Who else was missing?
No Noah Jenkins or Cole Varner

Oh no kidding! That’s 2 massive “holes”. WOW! Still finished 4th too. I’ll take that.
Yeah they should have made it to the semi finals at least but refs missed a clear pass interference on Butler's dB on george Lovelace in the end zone at the end of the game, it was a deciding factor. They lost by 3 points.

Reactions: HooSprings
Understand you but I do say outside of the talk that he has with mostly other coaches and friends on social media and I can't really anything else that can be hearsay. He's not a bad coach ethier. Heck tbh I know that schools administration and if he was really the problem yall say he was he would have been gone along time ago. So like I said he may talk his talk but he aint no bad man and a good DC and yall may just notice him because he's the loudest but he aint the only 757 coach yall see in them rooms. But hey we all feel how we feel. Just can't wait till the season to start.
I'm with you on this. Coach Priv is extremely passionate and always have been since he was an All State linebacker at Lake Taylor (one of the best I've ever seen). I get it, it definitely doesn't excuse some of the actions that he has allegedly been involved in as a coach. However, I can say that I've had a few conversations with him on social media and he's just a straight shooter. He doesn't pull punches when speaks. He loves every kid that has walked through the Maury hallways and locker room. He may get a lil outta hand with the trash talk but we don't to sit here and act like he's the only coach who has done this or still doing it! Calling him a trash talker or even a hot head is one thing, but let's not attack his character by calling HIM immature. By the way, this is coming from a Phoebus guy, a school that Priv genuinely despises.

Reactions: Agibbs757
I'm with you on this. Coach Priv is extremely passionate and always have been since he was an All State linebacker at Lake Taylor (one of the best I've ever seen). I get it, it definitely doesn't excuse some of the actions that he has allegedly been involved in as a coach. However, I can say that I've had a few conversations with him on social media and he's just a straight shooter. He doesn't pull punches when speaks. He loves every kid that has walked through the Maury hallways and locker room. He may get a lil outta hand with the trash talk but we don't to sit here and act like he's the only coach who has done this or still doing it! Calling him a trash talker or even a hot head is one thing, but let's not attack his character by calling HIM immature. By the way, this is coming from a Phoebus guy, a school that Priv genuinely despises.
He’s very immature and ignorant. Loving the kids is great but he definitely needs someone to mentor him.

Yeah they should have made it to the semi finals at least but refs missed a clear pass interference on Butler's dB on george Lovelace in the end zone at the end of the game, it was a deciding factor. They lost by 3 points.
Has lovelace committed yet? I know Martin has not committed but I’m still waiting to hear where some of the other guys are going to commit to

Has lovelace committed yet? I know Martin has not committed but I’m still waiting to hear where some of the other guys are going to commit to
Lovelace has not committed yet but he has an offer from VA tech and he has visited them a couple of times. I believe he will eventually commit to VA Tech because they have been doing a great job of recruiting our kids. Plus Jenkins committed there a couple of weeks ago.

Reactions: HooSprings
Lovelace has not committed yet but he has an offer from VA tech and he has visited them a couple of times. I believe he will eventually commit to VA Tech because they have been doing a great job of recruiting our kids. Plus Jenkins committed there a couple of weeks ago.
I have heard that Martin is leaning towards Maryland but I’d love to have him at UVA or Texas A&M.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...nK7sdR3skbsyHtl&id=1755261344&mibextid=qC1gEa

“My boys be so lit and disrespectful man lol”

Nuff said. One of his players beat a Chambers’ kid so bad, he had to get stitches. But y’all keep on excusing this behavior and acting like it doesn’t have direct impacts on the kids. T R A S H! No other way to look at it.

Reactions: Senex
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...nK7sdR3skbsyHtl&id=1755261344&mibextid=qC1gEa

Nuff said. One of his players beat a Chambers’ kid so bad, he had to get stitches. But y’all keep on excusing this behavior and acting like it doesn’t have direct impacts on the kids. T R A S H! No other way to look at it.
First I'll say my guy what is you trying to shoe with this video because I've seen other highlights from that 7v7 tournament all them kids from teams were celebrating after plays. Next who is your source on them fighting that bad out there because I've heard none of that. So bro just stop with the calling out the man character. I like I said you no better lurking on the man page then coming here behind this site trying to degrade his character. If you have them feelings let the masses see or write a letter to the school. But obviously he's doing something right because if he was that bad of a person you say trust the school administration and district would have been let him go.

First I'll say my guy what is you trying to shoe with this video because I've seen other highlights from that 7v7 tournament all them kids from teams were celebrating after plays. Next who is your source on them fighting that bad out there because I've heard none of that. So bro just stop with the calling out the man character. I like I said you no better lurking on the man page then coming here behind this site trying to degrade his character. If you have them feelings let the masses see or write a letter to the school. But obviously he's doing something right because if he was that bad of a person you say trust the school administration and district would have been let him go.
I’m not going back and forth with you. His words and actions prove my point. You do too.

Seeing a lot of reports about Phoebus having some possible QB growing pains. They’ll go with a freshman or sophomore (I’m sure @Phoebus Fan knows) I’m hearing. I believe Dinwiddie/Varina will have just enough on defense to get the win, especially if the game is in the 804.
QB is in GREAT hands. Reek Banks has a chance to be elite elite. He’s only a freshman but that lefty can slang the ball. If he wins the qb competition he will be behind a huge experienced line with a lot of weapons on the outside.

You need to go to 7v7 events more if you think that video was bad. This goes on all the time. I know Priv personally from his LT days and he’s a solid individual. You see the trash talk on internet but what you don’t see is the genuine love he has for his kids. I agree he’s a little too much on some of the Facebook groups but it is what it is. Can’t knock the personality because i know he’s helping kids create a path towards success in life.

You need to go to 7v7 events more if you think that video was bad. This goes on all the time. I know Priv personally from his LT days and he’s a solid individual. You see the trash talk on internet but what you don’t see is the genuine love he has for his kids. I agree he’s a little too much on some of the Facebook groups but it is what it is. Can’t knock the personality because i know he’s helping kids create a path towards success in life.
That’s not normal, at all. You definitely don’t see Highland Springs, Salem, Stone Bridge, South County, Varina, Westfield, or Dinwiddie behaving like that. See the correlation? Those teams have real leaders in charge and they’ve been there before. There’s a huge difference in competing and being down right distasteful and Maury, Chambers and whoever else acts like that falls in line with distasteful. Any adult condoning and laughing at that behavior has no business around kids. I stand on that and stand on if a coach isn’t employed by the school system or the government of the City/county, they shouldn’t be allowed to coach.

Just for clarity on how good Varina’s skill kids are. Maury went 0-6 and Highland Springs went 3-3 against the same teams Varina beat this weekend in Charlotte. Dinwiddie and Salem have the best players (Dalton & Lewis) but Varina is deep.
0-6 was the first day of the tourney, can’t explain it but on Saturday Maury beat the top two teams in their bracket and the two teams that beat them the day before… can’t explain it.

You are clearly reaching on this one. That was an interception and all the kids do that silly celebration. The kid that is yelling is my nephew who plays wide receiver at Winston Salem State University. Nothing to see here, Maury did not initiate the fight but true the fight was ridiculous. I was on the sideline.

That’s not normal, at all. You definitely don’t see Highland Springs, Salem, Stone Bridge, South County, Varina, Westfield, or Dinwiddie behaving like that. See the correlation? Those teams have real leaders in charge and they’ve been there before. There’s a huge difference in competing and being down right distasteful and Maury, Chambers and whoever else acts like that falls in line with distasteful. Any adult condoning and laughing at that behavior has no business around kids. I stand on that and stand on if a coach isn’t employed by the school system or the government of the City/county, they shouldn’t be allowed to coach.
Well here we go again, moving the goal posts. Now they should be employed by the school system.

Lovelace likely doesn't have a spot anymore unless some things fall through. VT is super limited on spots this year (I think 20-21 is the current number which means 4-5 more commits). I know they want Cole and a few OLs leaving only 1-2 spots for everyone else. The other super talented WR from KG might not be a take since VT got Wiggins and Adams in the boat although all the fans really want to find a spot for White.

Lovelace likely doesn't have a spot anymore unless some things fall through. VT is super limited on spots this year (I think 20-21 is the current number which means 4-5 more commits). I know they want Cole and a few OLs leaving only 1-2 spots for everyone else. The other super talented WR from KG might not be a take since VT got Wiggins and Adams in the boat although all the fans really want to find a spot for White.
VT isn’t getting Coles. Looking more & more like UGA in all the crystal ball predictions. VT has over recruited DBs imo. Lovelace is a 6’4 target.

VT isn’t getting Coles. Looking more & more like UGA in all the crystal ball predictions. VT has over recruited DBs imo. Lovelace is a 6’4 target.

Wouldn't be so sure. UGA already at a big class number and they're about to take Kris Jones at LB. Really wouldn't underestimate VT on this one, especially when you factor in NIL.

Regardless, wouldn't expect to see Lovelace get a spot unless a lot of things fall through, just don't have the numbers this year. If there's anyone going to fit anywhere, it'll be White. Adams is all over Rainer to flip, too, they're going to really try and pull that off, pretty good chance they succeed. Lovelace would need more than a handful of failures on the trail from VT at the close, just don't see it happening.

Last edited:
Tech has a lot of momentum on the recruiting trail especially in-state, if they can continue the momentum on the field they can really bolster this class with some high ranked prospects. I wouldn’t rule them out for many of the uncommitted and a couple committed instate guys. The momentum could swing but they have a top recruiter in Mines leading the way and securing top talent.

Tech has a lot of momentum on the recruiting trail especially in-state, if they can continue the momentum on the field they can really bolster this class with some high ranked prospects. I wouldn’t rule them out for many of the uncommitted and a couple committed instate guys. The momentum could swing but they have a top recruiter in Mines leading the way and securing top talent.

Yuuuuuup. Ton of momentum going on right now. With an equal # of commits, VT would have the #4 class in the ACC and pushing for a top 20 class nationally and that's coming off a 3-8 season. Pry & Co. putting their money where their mouth is in-state and kids starting to believe (coaches too). If they can show real improvement on the field this year they're going to do big damage in VA for c/o '25. The days of OOS programs waltzing in and doing whatever they want are done, VT's taking 4-5 of the top 10 this year and they're only just beginning.

Like I said you’ve clearly not been to 7v7 events. That is beyond normal for teams to celebrate like that. Legit making something out of nothing. Now the fight i have no comment on because i don’t know about it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT