ADVERTISEMENT

Week 1

2 Huge games for Div IV likely playoff teams.

IWA will take on the mighty Atlantic Shores who has a bruising running game that should be fun to watch if your a Shores fan. Likely a game of who can score more as IWA defense struggled against Windsor at last weeks scrimmage but the offense was able to move the ball well as their line appears to be better than the past couple of years.

Huguenot plays the even mightier Bishop Sullivan who has perfected the recruiting game and is stocked and ready for another title. No doubt Huguenot will play well and get the most out of the challenge as they are hands down the best coached team in Div IV along with Broadwater.

Should be a good game at NSA when they host D3 contender North Cross Friday night. Both teams always tough, but it is good North Cross catches them early in the year before that NSA offense really hits stride. I think NSA will squeak out a win with their powerful running game.

As far as the BSH and Bishop Sullivan game, I think Bishop Sullivan will win by at least two scores. They have paid way too much for these talented transfers to come in to lose to D4 BSH. A loss by Sullivan would be disastrous for the administration, staff and team.

As far as IWA and Shores, not really sure how IWA is going to look. I know Shores is big and talented, but there has been "rumors" that IWA brought in Wells from Nansemond River to play QB and a few other transfers. I guess we will see if Coach Chapman has any hidden tricks up his sleeve come Friday night. I still like Shores to get the W

The Wells kid showed up for one practice at IWA and has not returned so assume he quit or is going elsewhere.
This post was edited on 8/21 11:21 AM by brianwhyman

BSH vs Bishop Sullivan will be interesting. a very well coached team versus new talent that hasn't had time to gel.

Would be good to see anyone's thoughts on the games if they see them. I will be at the CCS/Norfolk Academy scrimmage this afternoon

Re: Week 1 -- Pick 'em

4PM Portsmouth Christian at Covenant
-- I'll go with Covenant only because they are at home. PCS will be improved from last year.

7PM Bishop Sullivan at Blessed Sacrament-Huguenot
-- As talented and well coached as BS-H is it's hard for me to see BSC falling to a D-IV team.

7PM North Cross at Nansemond-Suffolk Academy
-- This will be a good game. I'll give the edge to NSA because they are at home.

7PM Atlantic Shores at Isle of Wight Academy
-- I think will be a close game. ASCS absolutely needs the win as the D-III landscape will not allow for any stumbles.

North Cross is 10-1 against beach teams last four years. Spindly legged boys, well coached, and fast. We will see if D-2 size of NSA is too much. Like the fact that NCS is willing to bite off more than they should be able to chew. Glad football season is here. Hope everyone has a playoff season.

I'd be shocked if North Cross isn't playing for a state title in November. Most talented skill group in the state hands down.

Agreed. The Raiders schedule tough and play hard-nosed, team football. Absent injury they should be there in November.

Re: Week 1 -- Pick 'em

Portsmouth at Covenant
**I will agree and go with Covenant on this one, but will disagree with PCS being a better team than last year. PCS probably lost 98% of their offense due to graduation and transfer. Hard to replace that. Covenant should win close one. Neither team will end the season above .500

Bishop Sullivan at Blessed Sacrament
**Bishop Sullivan should win this by a few touchdowns. Blessed Sacrament is hard nosed, well coached team, but not enough athletes to hang with the athletes brought in by the deep pockets of the Sullivan athletic department.

North Cross at NSA
**I like NSA in a close one. Should be an interesting game. NSA will have the best chance to win if they control the ball and run it down the throats with their strong powerful backs. If NSA gets behind early and has to go to the air, North Cross has the advantage and can win. I think NSA RB's Gough, Giles, and Addison have a big game and pull out a close win.

Shore at IWA
**Shores wins big. IWA no where near the powerhouse they used to be, and this may be Shores year to make playoff run. IWA will struggle to score, and Shore's with RB Britt will not.

I agree NC always plays up and will have a great year. I am interested to see how Fred Christtian does this year their schedule has lots of D1 and D2 plus VES. NC and Fred Christian always step up wish more teams would do the same. I hope everyone has a great injury free season.

not sure what schedule you have but the one I see has no DI teams on it. DII yes. I think they joined ODFC to help them out in their schedule by playing teams that are consistently good. It should be a good tough ODFC schedule for all this year and I think the conference champs will be well tested when it comes to playoff time.

NC and VES don't play any D1 they have several D2 opponents Fred Christians plays 2 D1 teams SSSA and JPTG and some D2.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT