ADVERTISEMENT

(1) Appomattox vs. (1) Stuarts Draft 4:30 at Salem

Two titles are coming back to two schools less than 9 miles apart

you heard it here first

Highest Power Point team is the "home" team
That is what i have understood, however somebody has told me the wife of an Appo coach said Appo is home team at salem. Sooo unless there is a regional agreement otherwise i say Appo is not home team. Would like to find the rule that breaks this all down.

The 1A and 2A championships will be the best games this year. The Watkins kid for Draft looks real good. If Draft can stop Appo’s run game (which is the best I’ve seen this year across the board) then it’ll be real interesting!

That is what i have understood, however somebody has told me the wife of an Appo coach said Appo is home team at salem. Sooo unless there is a regional agreement otherwise i say Appo is not home team. Would like to find the rule that breaks this all down.

Not unless something has changed. Every other year has been highest power point. I know its actually written somewhere as well, but not looking it up

I don’t know if anyone can stop them. Limit them maybe but they are a pretty damned good team with a pile of athletes. And for my money I count the short passing game as a de facto run play as well. If they can hit that a few times and get in space it’s going to be a long day. Draft is fairly quick sideline to sideline so it has to hit quick then get north/south. I know all about how fast all these players from Appo are but poor ole draft has a couple that can pickem up and putem down too. Not as many for sure but a couple. Time will tell and pay no kind to the Hornet fan in the back. He is just loud and right most of the time, lol.

Reactions: Trevor_Cash
Pistol wing T is similar to Union right? But union is mostly Wing T. SD will pass outta their O pretty respectfully if I remember correctly.

yes Castello knows how to coach that D well.... Wing KILLAH! Phoebus and Maury (who is going to states in 5A) does it well here in 757 as well.

River heads runs that single wing GREAT! So im not surprised at that outcome... SD and riverheads are rivals, just interested in how that score got outta hand?
Union runs the double tight T. Some call it a dead T, flat T or fullhouse backfield. All 3 backs side by side, behind the QB, parallel to the line.

Wing T typically has one back behind QB with the other 2 just behind each tight end.

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
Union runs the double tight T. Some call it a dead T, flat T or fullhouse backfield. All 3 backs side by side, behind the QB, parallel to the line.

Wing T typically has one back behind QB with the other 2 just behind each tight end.
Yeah union runs it weird, never seen it before

As much as I would like to see a double championship for the county, I have to say that if Appo has anywhere close to the team they had a few years ago, they will be too tough for the Cougars to handle. I think their experience with having been there before will keep them focused whereas SD could easily get caught up in the nerves and the hype of the whole thing.

Sometimes that experience just creates more pressure to live up to expectations ‍♂️

i think SD made a statement this past weekend

As for the team from Greenville..1A is their world and everyone else is just in it

Draft by 7

RHS by 21

I just have to drop in every so often to remind you guys i still exist

Sometimes that experience just creates more pressure to live up to expectations ‍♂️

i think SD made a statement this past weekend

As for the team from Greenville..1A is their world and everyone else is just in it

Draft by 7

RHS by 21

I just have to drop in every so often to remind you guys i still exist
Trevor , are you going to Salem? Rain and my ole tractor on 81 is not a good combo! Lookin for a ride ?

What would it take to have games changed to Sunday? Vhsl is going to lose big on gate money if they dont.

Yeah union runs it weird, never seen it before

Appalachia ran the T a lot too at different times. I'm not the biggest fan if you've got athletes at the skill positions because it's a very tight formation and doesn't create much space but it does create the misdirection effect and always creates lead blockers.
When Union played you guys in 2017, it wasn't a T. It was more Wildcat style with Mitchell playing de facto QB taking shotgun snaps and lost of motion for sweeps.

This will be a great game and just like last week with Appomattox/Graham game - it will be won on the field - not in a forum. Two great schools, two great coaches - and players hungry to win. Appomattox will be focused and fired up.
Man you have no idea how many bubbles you just burst!! Everybody knows the armchair quarterbacks win or lose every game played. lol

Or in my case lose a bunch of games from the cozy confines of my recliner, brother. Good to see the weather starting to act better. Don’t think it would effect any of the teams that have made it this far but you never want that variable if you can avoid it.

I’m sure emotions will be high for both teams trying to carve out space in their respective history. Full confidence in Coach Smith and staff for game plan. Congrats to both teams for making it to the “‘Ship”! While little consolation to the loser being one of the last two teams playing football in all of 2A is indicative of a great season. Good Luck and Safe travels to Draft.

RAIDERS had a nice send off this morning and they are ready to bring the vhsl championship back home where it belongs.

28-14 Appo after three quarters. Anyone there that can shed on light on how it's went?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT