ADVERTISEMENT

11:30 Start Time

To my knowledge class 2 has played at 4:30 and people have asked for a time swap once in awhile. Also not seeing anything on NFHS to broadcast the game.

Two games in one place in December in VA --- You try to have as much daylight as possible. Not rocket science :)

Two games in one place in December in VA --- You try to have as much daylight as possible. Not rocket science :)
I can take the humor but its really not that smart. You sound like you are part of the decision making committee or somehow connected to the process.

The weather is rarely a problem. You will still be driving in the dark with a 4:30 start time.

My theory is that it is all about money and crowd management. In the past, the two games were as close as 12:30 and 4:00 I believe, or maybe 4:30, so a fan could buy one ticket and stay for both games. But this year it is 11:30 and then 5:00 I believe. So my guess is that they will clear out the stadium completely after the first game and not let anyone in until 4:00 or so for the second game. Not only do they make more money that way, but they can document the attendance figures for the two games.

I understand the gates will not open until 10:30 for the first game. So I sure hope they have plenty of help. That business of showing them your phone takes a lot longer than handing money to someone so I am worried that the crowd will still be backed up by kickoff time.

At the semi-finals, they took credit cards at the gate which I liked. The idea of sticking my credit card in my pocket is easier than keeping up with my phone. But my understanding is that it will be GoFan only this time. Is that what you guys have heard?

Length of Travel also a thing -- "could" have a team 2.5-3 hours away -- you want them to leave at 4am-5am for an earlier start time? Staying overnight not really an option financially for high school teams especially football with their numbers.

Reactions: BigWinners
Ridiculous to have a game before noon.
It should be at worst 1:30 start and then 5:30.

If you have any travel at all leaving in time for an 11:30 games is too early.

Agreed that it is all about the $ just like adding a "convenience fee".

Reactions: SFUWO and toughy299
My theory is that it is all about money and crowd management. In the past, the two games were as close as 12:30 and 4:00 I believe, or maybe 4:30, so a fan could buy one ticket and stay for both games. But this year it is 11:30 and then 5:00 I believe. So my guess is that they will clear out the stadium completely after the first game and not let anyone in until 4:00 or so for the second game. Not only do they make more money that way, but they can document the attendance figures for the two games.

I understand the gates will not open until 10:30 for the first game. So I sure hope they have plenty of help. That business of showing them your phone takes a lot longer than handing money to someone so I am worried that the crowd will still be backed up by kickoff time.

At the semi-finals, they took credit cards at the gate which I liked. The idea of sticking my credit card in my pocket is easier than keeping up with my phone. But my understanding is that it will be GoFan only this time. Is that what you guys have heard?
We were told it was the same as the semi final $11.50 on the app. $12 cash at the gate

Can someone verify the credit card or cash question? I would much rather do either of those than go through Go Fan and have to keep up with my phone for the whole game.

Can someone verify the credit card or cash question? I would much rather do either of those than go through Go Fan and have to keep up with my phone for the whole game.
Radford was originally told cash was accepted at the gate but that has changed. Either GoFan or credit/debit cards at the gate.

• Angry
Reactions: Bo Bob
Length of Travel also a thing -- "could" have a team 2.5-3 hours away -- you want them to leave at 4am-5am for an earlier start time? Staying overnight not really an option financially for high school teams especially football with their numbers.
Unless they have changed the process, VHSL covers expenses for overnight travel for any school with a trip greater than 2 hours. Some schools still elect to travel day of to not change routine or add the overnight monitor responsibility.

Just a dumb call by the VHSL. They are too inept to have games at 12:00PM and 4:00PM so they went with the random 11:30AM and 5:00PM starts. Even 12:00PM and 4:30PM was too much of a stretch to handle even though they had plenty of time to do so.

Reactions: Gridiron1960
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT