7 Buffalo Gap @ 2 Brunswick
6 Surry @ 3 Altavista
5 Franklin @ 4 William Campbell

By my numbers and Rappahonnock County being an 8 man team

8 Cumberland @ 1 Sussex
7 Buffalo Gap @ 2 Brunswick
6 Surry @ 3 Altavista
5 Franklin @ 4 William Campbell
Is Region B taking 8 teams this year? In the past, they've only taken 6, since it's so few teams in that region

I don't see any potential upsets in those matchups
Maaaaaybe Gap over Brunswick because Shenandoah District is hard to gauge versus 1A districts, but the way the Bison have played lately, I don't think they are postseason ready and Brunswick is pretty good. But yeah, I think this goes chalk.

Brunswick will win big , good defense and they really depend on the QB to do it all. He is crazy fast and they will throw the ball deep if those safeties creep up to stop the QB draw.

Last edited:
Maaaaaybe Gap over Brunswick because Shenandoah District is hard to gauge versus 1A districts, but the way the Bison have played lately, I don't think they are postseason ready and Brunswick is pretty good. But yeah, I think this goes chalk.
See had Gap come in at a 3-7/4-6 id be more incline to pick an upset. I think Brunswick is going to fly around on defense and get after it though.

I tend to go chalk to start the first round but then I think you could see some potential seed upsets in the semifinals. As @trutiger16 said WC is a sleeper and you have fellow Dogwood 1A in Altavista who has had a strong year. However, both would have to potentially travel to the top two teams of the Tri Rivers in Sussex and Brunswick. Sussex has no common opponents with the Dogwood teams until this week’s quarterfinals see Sussex host Cumberland (lost to both WC and Altavista) and WC and Altavista host Franklin and Surry respectively. Brunswick does have one common opponent with Alta/WC in 2A’s #2 seed Lunenburg Chargers. All 3 teams fell to Lunenburg. But the Bulldogs pushed them to OT, WC fell by 7, and Alta by 12 I believe. Early season but you see, in my opinion, some close competitive semifinals and title game potentially. (Of course I say all this and watch 2-3 upsets happen)

Reactions: trutiger16
William Campbell gave Gretna a heck of a game recently. Sussex has to be careful in game 2. William Campbell is pretty good. If Sussex doesn't come prepared to play, WC could possibly beat them. I still favor Sussex.

Reactions: trutiger16
William Campbell gave Gretna a heck of a game recently. Sussex has to be careful in game 2. William Campbell is pretty good. If Sussex doesn't come prepared to play, WC could possibly beat them. I still favor Sussex.
WC pulled that exact upset off back in the fall of 2021.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT