ADVERTISEMENT

2016 Too Early Beach District Predictions... VOTE

2016 Beach District Football Title

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

757FridayNiteZ

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 9, 2015
With significant defections from Ocean Lakes, will they still dominate the Beach District in 2016? What team will prove to be leading the pack come late October? Salem vs Cox vs Bayside vs Landstown vs Others? I think at the very least, the improved competition will be more entertaining. Ocean Lakes will be right there, but they could have a loss or 2 come the playoffs.

Slowly, getting some votes for teams. Who will be difference makers for Cox, Salem, Landstown, or Ocean Lakes?

Still getting a few votes but no explanations for why Ocean Lakes has enough talent to stay on top of the Beach District.

Salem just won the 7 on 7 Event @ Lake Taylor over Hermitage today! Ocean Lakes lost their 1st round to Norview. Were key players out today for Ocean Lakes? If not Salem may be leading the Beach District Pack.

Don't put much stock, if any, in 7-on-7 results. They are fun to watch but have little bearing on how teams play when they get the bigs in and the pads on.

This is as wide open as I can remember it being for the Beach District.

Today (and again, it's still a bit on the early side and some new faces could arrive in new places), I would put Salem at the top with Cox right behind.

Landstown is a great sleeper pick as they may have as much overall talent as anyone in the district. Would think they, Bayside and Ocean Lakes are in that mix for the 3rd spot. It's not a stretch to think any of those three clicks to the point where they can win the district, though Bayside and Ocean Lakes have some holes to fill through players that transferred out.

With Ocean Lakes decimated with Transfers to BSCHS, should they have been in the Top 10 VHSL rankings?

With Ocean Lakes decimated with Transfers to BSCHS, should they have been in the Top 10 VHSL rankings?
No - but I couldn't tell you if those rankings take into account the transfers. However, I understand why they were on past reputation and what the program has achieved lately.

Having seen them today at ODU Team Camp - the Dolphins should be strong in the trenches, but are very inexperienced at virtually every other position. They return just one starter on offense (center Nick Low) and one on defense (Tennessee commit Eric Crosby). Even two of the projected starters they had on defense that didn't leave for Bishop Sullivan departed with one moving back to Alabama from where he was from after being one of their top tacklers a season ago and another player moving to the Northern Virginia area.

The staff is pretty solid with Joe Jones coming over from King's Fork, where he made the Bulldogs a perennial playoff team, and defensive coordinator Chris Ramey has been on a couple of state title winning staffs before, both at Ocean Lakes and Landstown. But they'll have their work cut out for them to make a deep run in 6A with local teams like Oscar Smith, Grassfield, Western Branch, Woodside and Cox more seasoned than them at key spots.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT