ADVERTISEMENT

2018 State Semifinals

I would lose for sure. You would force me to drive to Williamsburg, dual with an unloaded gun while you had a 30 round ar 15, because you wouldnt want to be incovenienced.
Well, I did say a neutral site but I like the rest.

Like the politics of today there is no agreement. Obviously my suggestion to play the finals of football on one Sunday in the year at a site like UVA as Vols85 suggests hit a nerve. Just like our game is Friday nite and York’s regional final with Hopewell was rescheduled to Saturday at 2pm is a reflection of preferences not narcissism. Best to end discussion before we gave to duel at 20 paces at a neutral site!

It's incredibly sad and tells the whole story when you consider someone's religious beliefs to be political

It's incredibly sad and tells the whole story when you consider someone's religious beliefs to be political
Politics is in everything now, look at the election and past 10 months for better or worse. Trump is about to change the long standing law prohibiting a religious organization from directly supporting a political candidate so it will only be more intertwined.

Politics is in everything now, look at the election and past 10 months for better or worse. Trump is about to change the long standing law prohibiting a religious organization from directly supporting a political candidate so it will only be more intertwined.

Religion is NOT political. I will guarantee God didn't vote for Trump or Clinton. He knew what the outcome would be, but he didn't vote.

Like I said, explains a lot that that is your opinion

Gunz, I appreciate your faith and argument, but as a Christian you have to understand that we are a minority in this world. We can do our part to spread the word, which you have done quite well and thats it.
Lafayette, has the right to disagree and obviously has his own beliefs. No need to get worked up over this. The points made about Sunday games have been made. The VHSL will never go in that direction. Not because, of law suits, but their philosophy that all have the right to participate. By playing on Sundays they would in truth be reverting back to segration. Not by race, but by religion.

Gunz, I appreciate your faith and argument, but as a Christian you have to understand that we are a minority in this world. We can do our part to spread the word, which you have done quite well and thats it.
Lafayette, has the right to disagree and obviously has his own beliefs. No need to get worked up over this. The points made about Sunday games have been made. The VHSL will never go in that direction. Not because, of law suits, but their philosophy that all have the right to participate. By playing on Sundays they would in truth be reverting back to segration. Not by race, but by religion.

I know the point was made, but then the convo was changed as political. I answered that. I tried to witness, now I am done

Hello all looks like you all are still going strong. Here's some insight from the "inside"
In our March meetings last year at state basketball we were offered up a couple of different ideas:
Option 1: A vs. B and C vs. D and that always be the setup no rotating

Option 2: A vs. B and C vs. D, then a rotation to A vs. C and B vs. D, but never rotating to A vs. D.
Ex. Yr 1 A vs. B Yr. 2 A vs. C Yr 3 A vs. B

Option 3: A vs. B and C vs. D, A vs. C and B vs. D, A vs. D and B vs. C, which is basically the old old system that we were used to before realignment

Now with all these letters and that being said the schools out West at TOTALLY against A vs. D. Now I'm not going to say because of competitive reasons because Salem has proved they are a good program, but under the guise of travel and missed class time. The VHSL admits the old setup and the tweaks made in the last couple of years didn't work. The A and B schools are all for option 3 region C is like whatever and region D is for option 1. From sitting in the room and taking a look at the responses that's what I came up with. I think while Option 3 gives us a TRUE state champion and equitable representation I look for Option 1 to maybe pass. The VHSL just said lets make it through this year and then we will see what we have.

Couple of big changes happened that I believe went relatively unnoticed and I've been trying to tell people and the York coach was one on Saturday that didn't know this. When we had our membership meeting back in October the change about highest rating not region hosting was first brought up. So no predetermined sites for state semifinals. Also there is no more "cross-bracketing" because that's what he was thinking. But to me the biggest change is the fact there there are no more "pre-determined" state final sites. Team will not know where they are playing for the finals until they know who all is playing in the finals. The VHSL pointed out the 3A final from last year and how they could have moved either the 1A or 2A game to W&M and played the 3A game in Salem and made a killing. Each of the three sites are guaranteed two games they just don't know which two until the matchups are set.

Hello all looks like you all are still going strong. Here's some insight from the "inside"
In our March meetings last year at state basketball we were offered up a couple of different ideas:
Option 1: A vs. B and C vs. D and that always be the setup no rotating

Option 2: A vs. B and C vs. D, then a rotation to A vs. C and B vs. D, but never rotating to A vs. D.
Ex. Yr 1 A vs. B Yr. 2 A vs. C Yr 3 A vs. B

Option 3: A vs. B and C vs. D, A vs. C and B vs. D, A vs. D and B vs. C, which is basically the old old system that we were used to before realignment

Now with all these letters and that being said the schools out West at TOTALLY against A vs. D. Now I'm not going to say because of competitive reasons because Salem has proved they are a good program, but under the guise of travel and missed class time. The VHSL admits the old setup and the tweaks made in the last couple of years didn't work. The A and B schools are all for option 3 region C is like whatever and region D is for option 1. From sitting in the room and taking a look at the responses that's what I came up with. I think while Option 3 gives us a TRUE state champion and equitable representation I look for Option 1 to maybe pass. The VHSL just said lets make it through this year and then we will see what we have.

Couple of big changes happened that I believe went relatively unnoticed and I've been trying to tell people and the York coach was one on Saturday that didn't know this. When we had our membership meeting back in October the change about highest rating not region hosting was first brought up. So no predetermined sites for state semifinals. Also there is no more "cross-bracketing" because that's what he was thinking. But to me the biggest change is the fact there there are no more "pre-determined" state final sites. Team will not know where they are playing for the finals until they know who all is playing in the finals. The VHSL pointed out the 3A final from last year and how they could have moved either the 1A or 2A game to W&M and played the 3A game in Salem and made a killing. Each of the three sites are guaranteed two games they just don't know which two until the matchups are set.
Thank you for the depth response

Reactions: DEVILSLB99
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT