ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Region 4B Playoffs W/Addition of Varina & Henrico

If EV and Louisa were in the same district or had a yearly game in the regular season that would be a good thing for everyone involved and everyone in 4B. When you have two powerhouses that are a significant cut above the rest of their respective district why not? I think it is fair to say it has already become a bit of a rivalry with a certain level of respect on both sides. Also, it puts an end to yearly you haven’t played anybody routine. EV and Louisa have some of the most loyal fans in class 4 maybe outside of Salem and Dinwiddie. Hell, Louisa had more fans than we did at our own damn stadium. I imagine the gate would be big and that would be a financial win for both schools. 4B has become Mt Everest, one thing is for sure, to make it out you will have had to beat a slew of quality teams
If Louisa would’ve beaten Salem in 2017, they’d go down as one of the best teams in VHSL history imo. Went on the road and beat 2 undefeated teams in Monacan and Dinwiddie and then beat one of the best high schools defenses that I’ve seen in the 2010s the following week in Lafeyette. Not only do you have to beat the teams in your region, you then have to beat the best of the 757 and then beat Salem, Tusky or Broad Run in the ship. That’s tough.

Reactions: WHI
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT