ADVERTISEMENT

2023 New Region 5C Western Members

You don’t lose a five star running back and another star player and just re-fill the gaps. Once again, I have not seen the schedule, and that’s why I made the comment I made. To go 9-1,they must be playing in a weak district,and that will not bode well for them come playoff time. I have to admit, until they lost the running back and the other star player, I had them as the favorite to win the region. by the way, this has nothing to do with Highland Springs. I’m basically just making a simple comment as a Central Region fan. The winner of that region is going to have to face Stonebridge, and we know that ain’t no joke.

If you really want, my honest opinion, Louisa needs to find a way to get into the dominion district. It wouldn’t hurt to put them in the capital District either.
@HooSprings I can't disagree with anything you said, but again Louisa is generally a very good team. We have said for years how Louisa does suffer from playing in the Jefferson, but until recently that could be said for a lot of districts. Even the Capital has had its share of "ducks"! Yes, Louisa lost two very good players which would have made them tough to beat. I said they would be a top two seed. I didn't say how far they would progress in the playoffs. Lol. Yes, I plan to go up on Friday evening and look forward to seeing this scrimmage. Hopefully, my Generals will hold their own against two top tier opponents. I will surely give you an honest take.

Reactions: HooSprings
If Louisa left the Jefferson (for the Capital, Dominon, or Battlefield) then the Jefferson would quickly plummet to possibly the worst class 3-5 district in the state for football. I say this as a Jefferson fan! But now that Louisa is Class 5, it may make the most sense.

Albemarle is Class 5 but they are basically stuck in the Jefferson because there isn’t a school their size within 45 miles. I’m sure they don’t miss the days when they were in a district with Colonial Forge, Stafford, Riverbend etc. Louisa is a great school and I have a ton of respect. Hope they stick around the Jefferson.

@CRF4Dan I wasn't throwing shade on Matoaca. I know they will be good and can make some noise come playoff time. Just will be tough to win the region if they have to play on the road. The Warriors can't afford to lose any ood games and must finish in the top 3 of the Central District (no more than 2 losses) to get a top four seed.

I looked at everybody in Region C's schedule and Louisa has the only chance of going unbeaten. Based on the loss of a few studs I see them dropping one game.

My best guess at regular season records:

Louisa 9-1
Freeman 7-3
Patrick Henry Roanoke 7-3
Albemarle 7-3
Franklin County 7-3
LC Bird 7-3
James River 6-4
Midlothian 6-4
Matoaca 6-4
MIlls Godwin 6-4
Hermitage 6-4
Fleming 5-5
Tucker 4-6
Prince George 3-7
Clover Hill 2-8
I like the predictions. Freeman plays such a soft schedule, I’d like to know who you have them losing to? I see Bird 7-3/8-2 and maybe JR hitting that 7 win total. Glen Allen is a year late and dollar short. They’re probably going be the team to beat in the West End, they have some dudes but C6 stands in their way. I think Godwin will surprise a lot of people. Huge believer in Earl Kinney right here!

Reactions: CRF4Dan
I like the predictions. Freeman plays such a soft schedule, I’d like to know who you have them losing to? I see Bird 7-3/8-2 and maybe JR hitting that 7 win total. Glen Allen is a year late and dollar short. They’re probably going be the team to beat in the West End, they have some dudes but C6 stands in their way. I think Godwin will surprise a lot of people. Huge believer in Earl Kinney right here!
I’m still trying to figure out the name of the player that transferred from Glen Allen to Highland Springs or if it’s even true. I know they they got 3 other transfers but I’m still trying to get the info on that player.

I’m still trying to figure out the name of the player that transferred from Glen Allen to Highland Springs or if it’s even true. I know they they got 3 other transfers but I’m still trying to get the info on that player.
HS got a Herm player. I haven’t heard about a kid from GA. GA has gotten some dudes from Herm.

HS got a Herm player. I haven’t heard about a kid from GA. GA has gotten some dudes from Herm.
I think I saw where they got two brothers from Hermitage and a running back from Life Christian. I was told they got a linebacker from Glen Allen, but I can’t figure out who they could be talking about. My daughter goes to Glen Allen.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
I think I saw where they got two brothers from Hermitage and a running back from Life Christian. I was told they got a linebacker from Glen Allen, but I can’t figure out who they could be talking about. My daughter goes to Glen Allen.
I know HS got Frazier from Herm. He just committed to Morgan State. Who’s the other? GA got Walter Brooks from Herm who plays LB/RB. He’s a game changer for their program.

As much as kids love to go to HS and Varina, Glen Allen has become a very attractive program. Perry Jones loves the kids and they’ve built an excellent staff. They had Tony Tate too but I believe he’s coaching at VSU now.

Well @BoKnowsSports that's a fair question. Freeman has four games that could go either way (Godwin, Hanover, James River, and Glen Allen) and two more that raise concern (Collegiate and Hermitage). Based on my observations they could very easily finish 7-3 or 10-0. I do feel fairly confident in Glen Allen beating Freeman this year.

Unless a few teams step up and surprise me, we could see anyone from the #1 seed to the #8 seed winning the region. Just a lot of evenly matched teams. I am very interested to see how Louisa, PH-Roanoke, Fleming, Albemarle, and Franklin County will match up against the RVA teams. Fleming has a very tough schedule and could easily miss out on the playoffs. Albemarle should be okay, but they have region foes PH, Louisa and Fleming on their schedule. Franklin County is playing down in classification a lot, but their opponents are no cupcakes. They have Bassett, Salem, Brookville, Magna Vista, Liberty Christian, Lord Botetourt and region opponent Fleming. Franklin County impressed me against Western Branch last year. If they can keep the momentum going and win their big games watch out. I have already addressed Louisa in an earlier post, so I want go down that rabbit hole again. Who you got winning it all Bo?

Last edited:
Well @BoKnowsSports that's a fair question. Freeman has four games that could go either way (Godwin, Hanover, James River, and Glen Allen) and two more that raise concern (Collegiate and Hermitage). Based on my observations they could very easily finish 7-3 or 10-0. I do feel fairly confident in Glen Allen beating Freeman this year.

Unless a few teams step up and surprise me, we could see anyone from the #1 seed to the #8 seed winning the region. Just a lot of evenly matched teams. I am very interested to see how Louisa, PH-Roanoke, Fleming, Albemarle, and Franklin County will match up against the RVA teams. Fleming has a very tough schedule and could easily miss out on the playoffs. Albemarle should be okay, but they have region foes PH, Louisa and Fleming on their schedule. Franklin County is playing down in classification a lot, but their opponents are no cupcakes. They have Bassett, Salem, Brookville, Magna Vista, Liberty Christian, Lord Botetourt and region opponent Fleming. Franklin County impressed me against Western Branch last year if they can keep the momentum going and win their big games watch out. I have already addressed Louisa in an earlier post, so I want go down that rabbit hole again. Who you got winning it all Bo?
I certainly agree with those 4 being their best opponents and very good opponents at that. I also agree that those could go either way as I’m hearing that Hanover will be very good this year and we’ve touched on the other 3 teams. This is supposed to be Freeman’s best team and they showed a lot of heart against the Springers last November. Freeman is a very good program but they find a way to give it away every year. If my life depended on it now, I’d say Bird is the favorite. Think they’ll be very battletested and have just enough playmakers. My top 8 seeds would be:
1. Freeman 9-1 (loss to GA)
2. Bird 8-2 (loss to Manchester and Huguenot)
3. Louisa 9-1 (Ponax or PH could be an early season slip up)
4. PH 8-2 (Glass and Salem could be Ls)
5. Mataoca 8-2 (they won’t beat Dinwiddie or Dale)
6. James River 6-4
7. Franklin County 7-3 (weak schedule)
8. Godwin 6-4/ Herm 5-5 winner. Kudos to Herm for playing a very challenging schedule. Gotta think if they can win 5 games & beat Godwin, they’ll out point a 6 win Godwin team.

Hearing some things out of Godwin currently that they will probably take a big step back. I think losing coach PJ Adams is gonna be a major loss for them.
I agree in terms that PJ was a huge loss. Godwin has a lot of depth and big bodies in that school. The kind of offense Earl Kinney will run with them will cater to that ground and pound philosophy. They’ll try to win the time of possession game. They’ll lull you to sleep and then have just enough athletes to make you pay when you’re caught napping. I don’t think they’ll be a contender but they’ll be good enough to catch a team like Herm or Freeman napping and get a 7 or 8 seed.

@HooSprings Confirmed. HS did pick up Herm’s two best linemen in Frazier and Jayden Shuler. They are brothers. Frazier is going to Morgan State and Shuler holds an offer to Campbell. Shuler and Martin are really close friends and both played on those undefeated Brookland teams. Bedwell would’ve probably started Shuler as an 8th grader if he could have. Very talented kid. The Springers are LOADED.

@HooSprings Confirmed. HS did pick up Herm’s two best linemen in Frazier and Jayden Shuler. They are brothers. Frazier is going to Morgan State and Shuler holds an offer to Campbell. Shuler and Martin are really close friends and both played on those undefeated Brookland teams. Bedwell would’ve probably started Shuler as an 8th grader if he could have. Very talented kid. The Springers are LOADED.
They got a running back/LB and a offensive lineman from life Christian, and they also got a linebacker from Glen Allen. One thing you have to remember is,Highland Springs returned four out of five starting offensive lineman. They have a defensive lineman whose last name is BA, and he just got two offers one from Ferrum and the other from Shenandoah. You are correct….they are absolutely loaded.

I've been saying it for a couple of months now... keep your eye on Matoaca. They are the team no one is talking about as a contender in Region 5C and I think that is a mistake. They are a legit dark horse.
Most people I have spoken to think Matoaca will be the 3rd best team in Chesterfield and top 4-5 in Region 5.

Manchester and Dale are the only teams that have the top tier talent that Matoaca has.

I certainly agree with those 4 being their best opponents and very good opponents at that. I also agree that those could go either way as I’m hearing that Hanover will be very good this year and we’ve touched on the other 3 teams. This is supposed to be Freeman’s best team and they showed a lot of heart against the Springers last November. Freeman is a very good program but they find a way to give it away every year. If my life depended on it now, I’d say Bird is the favorite. Think they’ll be very battletested and have just enough playmakers. My top 8 seeds would be:
1. Freeman 9-1 (loss to GA)
2. Bird 8-2 (loss to Manchester and Huguenot)
3. Louisa 9-1 (Ponax or PH could be an early season slip up)
4. PH 8-2 (Glass and Salem could be Ls)
5. Mataoca 8-2 (they won’t beat Dinwiddie or Dale)
6. James River 6-4
7. Franklin County 7-3 (weak schedule)
8. Godwin 6-4/ Herm 5-5 winner. Kudos to Herm for playing a very challenging schedule. Gotta think if they can win 5 games & beat Godwin, they’ll out point a 6 win Godwin team.
Bird is not losing to huguenot, I'm not buying that kool-aid they are a couple of years away, bird was in the regional championship last year and the game was close against hshs at halftime. And bird didn't lose much.

Bird is not losing to huguenot, I'm not buying that kool-aid they are a couple of years away, bird was in the regional championship last year and the game was close against hshs at halftime. And bird didn't lose much.
I respect it. I’ll say this, Huguenot was way worse than they are now and beat a good Bird team a few years back. I’ll humbly come on here and say I’m wrong, but gimme Huguenot bro.

Reactions: RVA804
@Thomasddev and @BoKnowsSports not that it matters, but I actually agree with you both. I will acknowledge the renewed excitement over the Huguenot program and a significant increase of talented football players on Forest Hill Avenue. I do think Coach Scott and his staff will put a formidable team on the field, but I am just not sold on how quickly they will become a threat in the Dominion District and Class 4. Huguenot is 13-31 in since 2018 and although they beat a below average LC Bird team in 2019, I am very hesitant to predict a victory over the Skyhawks this season. Can they pull off a few unexpected wins and even make the Region B playoffs. I am slowly beginning to think its possible. The Falcons first four games are sound bets for wins (TJ, Clover Hill, Richmond School of Arts, and Powhatan). The next six (James River, Manchester, LC Bird, Cosby, Midlothian and Monacan) will tell us a lot about this Huguenot team and staff.

I have a ton of respect for the history of LC Bird program and their accomplishments. I do however, have some serious reservations about how good the Skyhawks will be this season. Under Coach Troy Taylor (2018-present) Bird is 26-18 (regular season) and 3-3 (playoffs) and consistency is the cause of my concern. Sandwiched between a 8-2 , 1-1 2018 season and a 7-3, 2-1 2022 season the Skyhawks were 5-5 (2019), 1-5 (2021 spring), and 5-3 (2021 fall). Yes, the Skyhawks had a sound campaign last year, return the talent to make a run, but can they get through the Dominion District that has a lot parity and advance in the playoffs with an offense that is simply average. In a previous post I predicted three losses (Manchester, Thomas Dale, and one other loss in the district). If the Bird defense continues to play well (12 ppg. last year) then the Skyhawks will be in the mix come playoff time.

Are you going to the scrimmage/jamboree at EC glass with Dinwiddie and Highland Springs? At this point I don’t think I can make it, and I would really love your thoughts if you do go.
Hello @HooSprings, due to a late minute assignment at work I was unable to get to the game, but I did receive a report from a trusted source. As expected your Springers are big, fast, and well coached. Aside from that, they have a mess of kids which creates excellent competition and depth. HSHS line has the size a Class 6 team should. In the live portion of the scrimmage Dinwiddie was able to move the ball inside the red zone twice, but the Springers defense stepped up and created two turnovers (fumble and interception). Offensively, the Springers punted on their first possession and threw a short pass that went for a long TD. The receiver just simply outran everybody. Dinwiddie's defensive faired better than expected and the offense did well too. According to my sources Dalton did not run the ball at all and our young receivers have some minor work to do. Looks like Highland Springs and Dinwiddie will be just fine.

If anyone saw anything different please feel free to correct me.

Hello @HooSprings, due to a late minute assignment at work I was unable to get to the game, but I did receive a report from a trusted source. As expected your Springers are big, fast, and well coached. Aside from that, they have a mess of kids which creates excellent competition and depth. HSHS line has the size a Class 6 team should. In the live portion of the scrimmage Dinwiddie was able to move the ball inside the red zone twice, but the Springers defense stepped up and created two turnovers (fumble and interception). Offensively, the Springers punted on their first possession and threw a short pass that went for a long TD. The receiver just simply outran everybody. Dinwiddie's defensive faired better than expected and the offense did well too. According to my sources Dalton did not run the ball at all and our young receivers have some minor work to do. Looks like Highland Springs and Dinwiddie will be just fine.

Sounds like it went as expected. Can't take much from it since Dinwiddie clearly went vanilla on offense. Glass has a new coach, any word how they are shaping up?

I was actually able to go and this is pretty accurate. I was really surprised by how massive the OL was too. Dinwiddie and Glass are both very good teams that should be very successful this yr.

Sounds like it went as expected. Can't take much from it since Dinwiddie clearly went vanilla on offense. Glass has a new coach, any word how they are shaping up?
I wanted to see the Dinwiddie QB in the open field. I found it’s easy to defend a read option if the QB is not allowed to keep it. Glass looked good too. I was impressed by all 3 teams.

@HooSprings, my buddy said the HSHS line has depth too. Not sure if it's the right or left tackle, but #77 is a beast. The battle between Freedom and the Springers could be an epic matchup. I know its way too early, but unless Oscar Smith and the other teams in Region A have improved tremendously that will be the matchup we will see.

@GoBlue2109, I don't think the offense showed a lot, but it was smart to limit Daltons runs. Especially since our young receiving corps needed some extra attention and reps. Coach Mills spoke in his interview with Sean Robertson from WTVR about the need for the the youngens to mature quickly. Best way for them to grow is expose them to one of the best set of db's in the state. Everybody I have heard from said they were pleased with the Generals performance tonight.

Last edited:
@HooSprings, my buddy said the HSHS line has depth too. Not sure if it's the right or left tackle, but #77 is a beast. The battle between Freedom and the Springers could be an epic matchup. I know its way too early, but unless Oscar Smith and the other teams in Region A have improved tremendously that will be the matchup we will see.

@GoBlue2109, I don't think the offense showed a lot, but it was smart to limit Daltons runs. Especially since our young receiving corps needed some extra attention and reps. Coach Mills spoke in his interview with Sean from WTVR about the need for the the youngens to mature quickly. Best way for them to grow is to throw them to one of the best set of db's in the state. Everybody have heard from said they were pleased with the Generals performance tonight.
#77 is T’Kai Alexander….he’s 6’7-315lb They actually call him “The Mountain”. Lol

They got a running back/LB and an offensive lineman from life Christian, and they also got a linebacker from Glen Allen. One thing you have to remember is,Highland Springs returned four out of five starting offensive lineman. They have a defensive lineman whose last name is BA, and he just got two offers one from Ferrum and the other from Shenandoah. You are correct….they are absolutely loaded.
The Linebacker didn’t come from Glen Allen, he came from Herm too. Rikieh Hopkins is the name and he was an All Region Linebacker last season for Herm as a sophomore. Big time player going to Airport Drive.

The Linebacker didn’t come from Glen Allen, he came from Herm too. Rikieh Hopkins is the name and he was an All Region Linebacker last season for Herm as a sophomore. Big time player going to Airport Drive.
It was one heck of a difference when he, Johnson, and Varner(Life Christian transfer)were all three playing linebacker side by side. They only did that on one drive, and that was against EC glass on their first offensive drive. Most of the game was all about working on depth. As a matter of fact, Noah Jenkins(VT commit)only played about four plays on defense. I was very surprisingly impressed with the defensive line. 4 NEW starters,but all of them saw a lot of time rotating last yr.

It was one heck of a difference when he, Johnson, and Varner(Life Christian transfer)were all three playing linebacker side by side. They only did that on one drive, and that was against EC glass on their first offensive drive. Most of the game was all about working on depth. As a matter of fact, Noah Jenkins(VT commit)only played about four plays on defense. I was very surprisingly impressed with the defensive line. 4 NEW starters,but all of them saw a lot of time rotating last yr.
Shuler and Hopkins are big time players coming into the Springer program. Both are 3.5 GPA kids and will play high level D1 ball in college. Shuler got hurt during the COVID season (his 8th grade year) so he played very little JV ball and jumped into Varsity as a starter on the D-Line as a freshman. Hopkins started at MLB when Herm played HS for the Region Championship a few years back as a freshman. I’m telling you, those guys are special. As good as they are, Walt Brooks at GA is probably the best of the bunch (all 3 were 8th graders starting on the undefeated Herm JV team during COVID season). I’m looking for all 3’s recruitment to pick up in the next 6 months.

Shuler and Hopkins are big time players coming into the Springer program. Both are 3.5 GPA kids and will play high level D1 ball in college. Shuler got hurt during the COVID season (his 8th grade year) so he played very little JV ball and jumped into Varsity as a starter on the D-Line as a freshman. Hopkins started at MLB when Herm played HS for the Region Championship a few years back as a freshman. I’m telling you, those guys are special. As good as they are, Walt Brooks at GA is probably the best of the bunch (all 3 were 8th graders starting on the undefeated Herm JV team during COVID season). I’m looking for all 3’s recruitment to pick up in the next 6 months.
Speaking of Herm, any good news coming from them? Are the players buying in to the coach?

Speaking of Herm, any good news coming from them? Are the players buying in to the coach?
I hope so bro. They upped the schedule, their best players Uriah Harris (6’3 240 DL) and Andre Clark (over 10 P5 offers) will have big years and they landed Armstrong’s best athlete and another big time prospect from Wythe (he’ll be a sophomore I believe). They’ll be okay but not the Herm we’re used to. They’ll be young and lack a run game that normally gets them over the hump. They lost a hell of a lot. I mean they were absolutely loaded last year and then lost over 20 seniors and a lot of returning underclassmen. I truly wish those guys the best, but I see them at 5-5 and that being a “great” season for them.

Reactions: Senex
Yeah they lost A LOT. They have the athletes that will automatically beat teams like Tucker, Deep Run and Henrico. When a lot of people see that schedule, they assume that Herm is the Herm of old, but they are far from that. They were 6-5 last year with a lot of talent back from the regional championship appearance. 5-5 will be a great season for them.

I hope so bro. They upped the schedule, their best players Uriah Harris (6’3 240 DL) and Andre Clark (over 10 P5 offers) will have big years and they landed Armstrong’s best athlete and another big time prospect from Wythe (he’ll be a sophomore I believe). They’ll be okay but not the Herm we’re used to. They’ll be young and lack a run game that normally gets them over the hump. They lost a hell of a lot. I mean they were absolutely loaded last year and then lost over 20 seniors and a lot of returning underclassmen. I truly wish those guys the best, but I see them at 5-5 and that being a “great” season for them.
That's a shame really. I would assume some of the big name alumni are gonna start putting some pressure to make changes if this doesn't turn around this year.

@GoBlue2109, you would think so, but in today's world it's just not that way in the big school systems. Besides coaches are so underpaid for the hours they put in few want the job. Truthfully, coaching is a dying art and that's why Hermitage and other schools struggle with consistency. Structure, discipline, and instilling a culture of belief/caring takes time. I applaud the Johnson's, Bedwells, Halls, and Mills of the world.

@RVA804 and @CRF4Dan, I agree with both of you on Matoaca. They have some talent just need to put things together. Honestly, I think they often get overlooked, because they are generally the third or fourth best team in the Central District. Admittedly, the Capital is a bit better overall, but I believe the Central is the second best football district in RVA.

Let's have a district vs. district benefit series:

Highland Springs vs. Thomas Dale
Varina vs. Dinwiddie
Matoaca vs. Hanover
Hopewell vs. Patrick Henry
Atlee vs. Petersburg
Prince George vs. Mechanicsville/Henrico
Colonial Heights vs. Armstrong
That would be great. Like the ACC/Big Ten Challenge was in Basketball. you could even do it for bragging rights. Call it the "Central Virginia Cup".

That would be great. Like the ACC/Big Ten Challenge was in Basketball. you could even do it for bragging rights. Call it the "Central Virginia Cup".
I like that idea but all those games are potential playoff games and I am not a fan of giving any team film for down the line. I would just switch it up and have the teams play teams that cannot see each other in the playoffs like HSHS vs Dinwiddie and Varina vs Thomas Dale.

I've been saying it for a couple of months now... keep your eye on Matoaca. They are the team no one is talking about as a contender in Region 5C and I think that is a mistake. They are a legit dark horse.
They might be my favorite amongst the Div 5 schools in the RVA area. I admittedly don’t know a ton about Louisa, Albemarle, William Fleming, Patrick Henry and Franklin county.

@CRF4Dan I wasn't throwing shade on Matoaca. I know they will be good and can make some noise come playoff time. Just will be tough to win the region if they have to play on the road. The Warriors can't afford to lose any ood games and must finish in the top 3 of the Central District (no more than 2 losses) to get a top four seed.

I looked at everybody in Region C's schedule and Louisa has the only chance of going unbeaten. Based on the loss of a few studs I see them dropping one game.

My best guess at regular season records:

Louisa 9-1
Freeman 7-3
Patrick Henry Roanoke 7-3
Albemarle 7-3
Franklin County 7-3
LC Bird 7-3
James River 6-4
Midlothian 6-4
Matoaca 6-4
MIlls Godwin 6-4
Hermitage 6-4
Fleming 5-5
Tucker 4-6
Prince George 3-7
Clover Hill 2-8
Godwin will not go 6-4
Matoaca will be no worse than 7-3
No way Prince George wins 3 games
Clover Hill will be 1-9
Bird could all go 8-2 or 5-5.

Bird will be underdogs vs Dale and Manchester. Cosby, River, Midlothian, Huguenot will all be close games.

The Dominion will have more parity this year than any year I can remember.

Freeman plays the easiest schedule as usual. The James River game is a big game week 1

They might be my favorite amongst the Div 5 schools in the RVA area. I admittedly don’t know a ton about Louisa, Albemarle, William Fleming, Patrick Henry and Franklin county.
Louisa should be 9-1 heading into the playoffs, but because the Jefferson is so weak, they won't likely make it past game 11 or 12.

Albemarle plays in the Jefferson as well, but I think they'll be 7-3 heading into the playoffs. They probably don't make it past game 11 or 12 either.

William Fleming will probably miss the playoffs with 5 or 6 wins being the absolute ceiling.

Franklin Co will probably win 5 or 6 games, but their playoff points could get them in the playoffs because of their SOS. If they make it, they won't likely make it past game 11 or 12.

Patrick Henry should win 7-9 games heading into the playoffs. Their early schedule is pretty tough with Albemarle, Brookville, Glass, and Salem. Because of the schedule, a host of skill guys, and a LB that's committed to Notre Dame, I expect they should be a serious threat to win the Region.

Last edited:
Godwin will not go 6-4
Matoaca will be no worse than 7-3
No way Prince George wins 3 games
Clover Hill will be 1-9
Bird could all go 8-2 or 5-5.

Bird will be underdogs vs Dale and Manchester. Cosby, River, Midlothian, Huguenot will all be close games.

The Dominion will have more parity this year than any year I can remember.

Freeman plays the easiest schedule as usual. The James River game is a big game week 1
I respect your opinion, but I think you may have sold a few teams short.

To go 1-9 Clover Hill will have to lose to either Meadowbrook or Richmond School of Arts (formerly Wythe)?

Prince George has a good shot at three wins with Meadowbrook, Deep Run, and Colonial Heights scheduled.

Are saying Godwin will be worse or better than 6-4? I see five wins without any upsets (Goochland, Atlee, TJ, Deep Run, and Tucker). I would think they have a shot to win at least one game left on their schedule. PH-Ashland, Hanover, Freeman, Hermitage, and Glen Allen. I gave Godwin the benefit of a 6-4 record, because the teams in the Colonial have been so inconsistent lately.

Your take on Bird is very valid and yes Matoaca could go very well go 7-3. Heck the Warriors may be 8-2. Their schedule is a hodge podge. Warhill could be a tough first game and you never know what your getting with Massaponax. Hopewell will be improved on offense, Dale returns a sound team, and Dinwiddie will be formidable again. We shall see.

I know Louisa has had some big losses this off-season but am I wrong in thinking that outside of Bird and maybe Herm they will still be the most talented team in the region? I know the recent flameouts against Salem are in everyone's head, but there's no Salem in this region. This is still a well coached talented team. I think I've talked myself into taking Louisa.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT