ADVERTISEMENT

28. 24. Broad Run defeats Salem

Ramsey at Salem might have been 4 to 5 star type of guy . incredible athlete . Never bank on anyone being great beyond high school , especially if they shouldn’t be playing playing in the first place . Always best to wait till junior senior year of high school to see what type of person they are IMO.

Spoke to someone recently who has seen a lifetime of SWVA football, called Ramsey the biggest "what if?" in the region's history.

Wild history with him. Too far down the seniority chain for carries as a sophomore but too talented to leave off the field so they stick him at DE opposite older brother Alex and he tallies something like 13.5 sacks and a bunch of other stats on what many would call the GOAT Salem team in 2015 and an absurdly good defense (held 50+ ppg JF and LT offenses to 30+ points below average). 2016 comes and he's removed from team midseason despite being beastly (Salem still wins state). 2017 he's sharing carries and having a great year but Salem wallops teams so bad he's only averaging like 8-10 touches a game and had a low amount of TDs. Then come week 10 in the regular season the other featured TB goes down with a horrible injury and they basically take the reins off Ramsey and not a soul in 4A could stop him all POs up to and including that 260+ yard performance in state.

Wish they could have gotten through to him but sometimes the words just don't take. Similar situation happened with Alex and they got through to him and he had a great career at VMI. DeAngelo could have been in the NFL. Such is life.

Along with Lewis, I think Allen #33 is gonna have a couple monster years now that he got a ton of experience as a sophomore. Would love to see him get some carries. Wonder if he’ll stay at linebacker.

Reactions: Shabutie
I said athletically. Speed, agility, explosiveness, size potential, etc.

Watch his highlights against GW whenever they get posted... crazy athlete.
I agree! Someone said he had 5 star potential. My apologies if it wasn't you.

Along with Lewis, I think Allen #33 is gonna have a couple monster years now that he got a ton of experience as a sophomore. Would love to see him get some carries. Wonder if he’ll stay at linebacker.
Yep, Allen is big time. He is also a very good fullback and TE.

Allen is a monster. Salem wasn't some huge team this year (nor most years) but it was funny seeing him tower over all the other Salem defenders when they were setting up for a play. To have that size at 15 already, oof. Absolute prototype LB size (6'2'' 222 lb was his listed this year as a sophomore), will virtually guarantee him at least FCS offers just on that alone, if he can really put things together on the field he could end up with FBS offers.

I’d like to see him and Lewis coming off the edges sometimes. Need to replace both DE

This is what I was getting at earlier. He has the natural instincts of an edge. It looks like that's where he lines up a lot, so that probably has something to do with it. But those that are heavily recruited are in that 6'4" -6'6" range and 230ish. So he'd have some growing to do. Otherwise kinda hard to project at this point. Honestly, though, if you're that good on the track, just jump on a track scholarship brother. Much easier to go to college anywhere you want for free. Save the wear and tear on your body. Enjoy a more normal college life.

Yea I saw that on 8th grader fastest in the country.com. lol
Just a quick reminder of how right I was about this...

Keep in mind Peyton Lewis broke his ankle less than 6 months ago. I was probably understating his athleticism if anything... it is almost unreal.

He was the state champion? (Don’t have a milestat membership to see the lists) I don’t know if his time wound up being the fastest in the state this year in the 55m but nonetheless it’s impressive / stellar to run a 6.4 that’s moving and it seemed like the competition wasn’t that close. If he continues training and going to national events (penn relays etc) he could very well position himself into a track scholarship and walk on in football at a p5 or SEC program. I don’t know his ability of the gridiron and there’s still room to grow as well as time. The claim about being one of the fastest kids in his class is holding up, if that translates to a star ranking in football is yet to be determined. Wish the best for the young man and hope he continues to strive for excellence on and off the field.

He was the state champion? (Don’t have a milestat membership to see the lists) I don’t know if his time wound up being the fastest in the state this year in the 55m but nonetheless it’s impressive / stellar to run a 6.4 that’s moving and it seemed like the competition wasn’t that close. If he continues training and going to national events (penn relays etc) he could very well position himself into a track scholarship and walk on in football at a p5 or SEC program. I don’t know his ability of the gridiron and there’s still room to grow as well as time. The claim about being one of the fastest kids in his class is holding up, if that translates to a star ranking in football is yet to be determined. Wish the best for the young man and hope he continues to strive for excellence on and off the field.
That time was for the prelims. The next two fastest times in the prelims were 6.47 and 6.61 respectively. His 6.40 is the fastest in Class 4 this year. There is guy in Class 5 that ran 6.35 and a guy in Class 6 than ran 6.32. Still very impressive to have the 3rd fastest time across all classifications.

Last edited:
Reactions: rainman17
Keep in mind there are MANY states that do not have indoor track. Prolly a couple of dudes in TX and FL that can run a pretty good 55 M time.

Reactions: VolNation85
Peyton broke the Salem school record today with a 10.71 100m time. Still just a sophomore.

e: for the sake of a local comparison, Cole Beck ran a PB in the 100m of 10.37 and in the 55m he ran a 6.36.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT