ADVERTISEMENT

2A State Top 10 9/26/23

I heard Crist was hands off on offense this season. Pretty smart move on his part if true. Explains a great deal! Radford will be hard to beat & hosting state semis in my opinion (which is subject to change 😂).
True about Crist and the offense.

Reactions: Gridiron1960
1. Union- talent all over field, way more athletic that the past to go with the lineplay
2. Graham- still the most talented team in Virginia. Wounded now, but will not stay injured all year.
3. Radford- the QB takes us from an 8th to 10th ranked type team to a title contender.
4. Central Woodstock- still very well coached, great lineplay, great football players
5. Riverheads- don't count them out of anything. They could still win the Class 2 state title in 2023.

6. Poquoson- most outside of the Tidewater don't realize how tough their schedule is
7. Gretna- you beat Appomattox and you are solid. More impressive was their near miss against J. Forest.
8. Appomattox- dangerous as always, young, still breaking in players. Overall, top 4 talented team.
9. Glenvar- Always solid, well coached, good lineplay, but just can't seem to get out of the region
10. Clarke County/Ridgeview- Both have solid football players, love offense, but schedules weak.

No doubt, Fairlawncat, and they still have to play Lafayette...unfortunately for Poquoson, three very good players from last year didn't return...two of them transferred to Warhill and Phoebus, while the other decided to concentrate on wrestling. I also heard that one of their better running backs is now done for the season...Poquoson will still be a tough out going forward, but not as potent.

Big losses for the Islanders. Losing that many at the Class 1 or 2 level is killer. Their JV from what I understand is really good.

Yeah, they just don't have the depth to replace kids like that, but they seem to have a solid JV program. I wish the other athletic teams at Poquoson would put more emphasis on JV...far too many coaches there yank kids up to Varsity when they have no business doing so...makes me cringe when I see freshmen riding the bench on Varsity when they could be developing and contributing on JV.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT