ADVERTISEMENT

2A State Top 10 9/26/23

Thin skinned are you Coach? I said CC is very good at what they do. Winning 8-10 games a year is very good. I just don’t think what they do is varied enough to win a state title. The proof is on the field…so far. I think you need a balanced offense. The state titles MC has won were all by by very balanced offensive teams. A pass only team wouldn’t have a consistent chance either, IMHO. What happens to CC every year in the playoffs when they get behind and have to pass against good teams? You might not like it, but the proof is on the field.

By the way, MC had a RB rush for 415 yards last week. They at least try to be not so one dimensional.

Before you get all indignant again, I’ve said it before, I respect what you guys do. I wish we were at place to win 8-10 games a year again. But I think most programs want to win the last game of the year…and so far, you haven’t done that with a pretty one dimensional offense. I’d love to see a BRD win it all, even CC😃.
Does Madisons offense suit what THEY want to accomplish? Because they will finish 5-5 and get beaten in the 1st round by a team who needs to balance out their offense according to you.

I do not coach first of all... & Varied enough? How much did Graham and Central Woodstock throw the ball last year? How often did Riverheads throw while they won 7 straight titles? How much did Appomattox air it out during their run?? I guess you think everyone would be better if they chucked it into double coverage and said a prayer 20 times a game like Madison.
I hate to tell you Coach but CC ain’t Graham, Riverheads or Appomattox.

Like I said, being balanced is, I think, important. At least the threat of a pass is something. But you do you Coach. Maybe you’ll prove me wrong one day and win it all.

I hate to tell you Coach but CC ain’t Graham, Riverheads or Appomattox.

Like I said, being balanced is, I think, important. At least the threat of a pass is something. But you do you Coach. Maybe you’ll prove me wrong one day and win it all.
I am not affiliated with Clarke County whatsoever. Riverheads won 7 straight titles and throws the ball less than everyone you have named, so luckily I wont need to prove you wrong.... It's been done already. All this talk about Clarke County but they have consistently been better than Madison for the better part of 10 years.

Does Madisons offense suit what THEY want to accomplish? Because they will finish 5-5 and get beaten in the 1st round by a team who needs to balance out their offense according to you.
You’ll have to ask the coach but I’d say MC is trending back to where they want to be. JB Brown just broke the single game rushing record last Friday with 415 yards on the ground. MC appears to try to be balanced. Might not always work but they try. We have no illusions what this teams is…it’s building and growing incrementally.

But nice job in trying to divert away from your post season failure. Best of luck Coach.

• Haha
Reactions: AnyGivenFriday1969
I am not affiliated with Clarke County whatsoever. Riverheads won 7 straight titles and throws the ball less than everyone you have named, so luckily I wont need to prove you wrong.... It's been done already. All this talk about Clarke County but they have consistently been better than Madison for the better part of 10 years.
Well maybe Riverheads just does it better than CC? I stand corrected😃

No denying that Madison has been down for a while now from the glory days but things are starting to look better. Coach H and staff are working hard.

You’ll have to ask the coach but I’d say MC is trending back to where they want to be. JB Brown just broke the single game rushing record last Friday with 415 yards on the ground. MC appears to try to be balanced. Might not always work but they try. We have no illusions what this teams is…it’s building and growing incrementally.

But nice job in trying to divert away from your post season failure. Best of luck Coach.
Once again I do not coach. I am simply a fan. Congrats on running for a bunch of yards on a team who has given up 200 points in 5 games. I'm curious, How did your balanced offense do against Buckingham County?

Talking about postseason failure when Madison struggles to make the postseason is hilarious

Come talk to me when you guys actually win a state title in football.

We haven’t won one since 1999. When was your last one again?
Once again I have ZERO affiliation with Clarke County or any team in the Bull Run for that matter. Congrats on a title 24 years ago. Cling onto it tight bc you wont sniff one anytime soon.

The Madison/Clarke relationship is interesting to me. It seems like all the other teams in the Bull Run (save Rapp) have their natural rivals. Luray and Page, Central and Strasburg (and Mountain View when they are relevant). Madison and Clarke are the two furthest away from the rest but both have rich athletic history.

On an unrelated note, I'm going to try to make it up to Berryville this Friday. Should be epic.

Reactions: MCAthletics
Once again I have ZERO affiliation with Clarke County or any team in the Bull Run for that matter. Congrats on a title 24 years ago. Cling onto it tight bc you wont sniff one anytime soon.
You are probably right Coach. But 3 is more than a lot of schools. I just hope that when we play CC that we can stay close enough to avoid a running clock in the second half.

The Madison/Clarke relationship is interesting to me. It seems like all the other teams in the Bull Run (save Rapp) have their natural rivals. Luray and Page, Central and Strasburg (and Mountain View when they are relevant). Madison and Clarke are the two furthest away from the rest but both have rich athletic history.

On an unrelated note, I'm going to try to make it up to Berryville this Friday. Should be epic.
You are right. I think some of it stems from when CC great Chandler Rhoads came to Madison and coached basketball and football. He was INTENSE to say the least and really wanted to catch up to CC. Wasn’t in the cards though.

Truly, I admire what CC does on the football field. They are so good with that offense. It just seems that when they get behind in the playoffs, they have to go so out of character that they are not ready for it. I’m sorry that opinion ruffled a few feathers. It’s just one persons opinion on an otherwise fine program. Ring the bell CC!!

I'm not affiliated with Clarke at all. I've just gotten tired of this guy talking down on heavy run teams that Madison can't beat.
I’ll be glad to discuss it with you at the game at the end of the season. I’ll buy you a coke and popcorn and you can educate me on the virtue of always coming up short despite high expectations!!😃

I’ll be glad to discuss it with you at the game at the end of the season. I’ll buy you a coke and popcorn and you can educate me on the virtue of always coming up short despite high expectations!!😃
I won't be there. I have no interest in watching a wanna be air raid team get blown out.

I do not coach first of all... & Varied enough? How much did Graham and Central Woodstock throw the ball last year? How often did Riverheads throw while they won 7 straight titles? How much did Appomattox air it out during their run?? I guess you think everyone would be better if they chucked it into double coverage and said a prayer 20 times a game like Madison.
Graham passed several times and Meadows had 100% pass completion for the game. The ability to pass helped Graham tremendously against a strong Central team.

Graham passed several times and Meadows had 100% pass completion for the game. The ability to pass helped Graham tremendously against a strong Central team.
That's fine. They were not a "balanced" offense like MC is referring to. They lined up and ran right at people. Easily 85-90% run. Riverheads did not throw the ball hardly ever. Appomattox would beat you running 3 plays if you allowed them to.

That's fine. They were not a "balanced" offense like MC is referring to. They lined up and ran right at people. Easily 85-90% run. Riverheads did not throw the ball hardly ever. Appomattox would beat you running 3 plays if you allowed them to.
The threat of a pass is sometimes just as good as an actual pass coach. But if I could coach football, I wouldn’t be on a message board going back and forth over the virtues/drawbacks of one dimensional offenses at the state level.🤔

Reactions: Gridiron1960
The threat of a pass is sometimes just as good as an actual pass coach. But if I could coach football, I wouldn’t be on a message board going back and forth over the virtues/drawbacks of one dimensional offenses at the state level.🤔
I do not coach. Simply a fan. Ironic how that's exactly what youre doing though

I do not coach. I am a parent to a player on a region B team. Ironic how that's exactly what youre doing though
I couldn’t coach my way out of a wet paper sack, Coach.

You have changed my mind in one respect;, some teams that are fairly one dimensional can and have won state titles. CC just isn’t one of them. I stand corrected Coach. By the way, what Region B team is three hours away from Berryville? You did not chose wisely.🤷‍♂️

I couldn’t coach my way out of a wet paper sack, Coach.

You have changed my mind in one respect;, some teams that are fairly one dimensional can and have won state titles. CC just isn’t one of them. I stand corrected Coach. By the way, what Region B team is three hours away from Berryville? You did not chose wisely.🤷‍♂️
The one you lost to week 2

Reactions: blackknight_pride
We lost to Buckingham 22-7 in week 2 so I know you are being less than forthright Coach. Even you can’t be in 2 places at once!
The score should've been much worse. We had two defensive touchdowns called back. I was there in the stands. I live in Buckingham. Never claimed to be anywhere else.

• Haha
Ok Coach, So how did you coach CC and attend the MC/Buckingham game? That’s quite the trick! I’m impressed.

I guess I should not have said one dimensional. I should have said inability to adapt when your strength is taken away by the opponent.
How does Madison adapt when teams take their strength away? Better yet what is their strength? Do they have one?

Ok Coach, So how did you coach CC and attend the MC/Buckingham game? That’s quite the trick! I’m impressed.

I guess I should not have said one dimensional. I should have said inability to adapt when your strength is taken away by the opponent.
What is worse "the inability to adapt when your strength is taken away". Or the inability to have a strength??? Hmm

What is worse "the inability to adapt when your strength is taken away". Or the inability to have a strength??? Hmm
What is worse is knowing that what you do will not take you to the promised land and you are okay with that.

I get it though. I’d be butthurt to if we had the athletes CC has had over the last 10-15 years and no championship to show for it.

Like I’ve said multiple times, I respect what CC has done in the regular season. It is just my opinion that unless there is a philosophical change, you won’t ever get a state title. I hope I am wrong. I’d love a BRD team to win the title every year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT