ADVERTISEMENT

2A West Region - Dan River 62 Glenvar 40

MascotMemorizer

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 30, 2007
Dan River improved to 21-3 with a 62-40 victory over the Glenvar Highlanders. Junior Jo Jo Reynolds came off the bench for the Wildcats and knocked down four 3-pointers to score a team - high 16 points. Curtis "Q" Stephens had another great game as he scored 14 points, dished out 7 assists, grabbed 6 rebounds, and 3 steals, all while mainly defending Glenvar's top player - Jeremy Williams. Williams was the only Highlander in double figures and led all scorers with 22 points.

Senior and VT commit Tremaine Edmunds had a double-double 10 points, 15 rebounds, & three thunderous dunks, while Kaseem Harris had 10 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists, & 2 blocks.

The Wildcats will play Grundy (they upsetted Virginia High 70-59 tonight) on Wednesday at Richlands Middle School (Dan River will play the Golden Wave, they last played them in the AA region playoffs in 2001.)

When Martinsville and Dan River win, where will they move championship game

surely they won't have to play in Richlands??

Re: When Martinsville and Dan River win, where will they move championship game

Last year when the region was at Floyd Co. this happened and they played the game at Magna Vista. Long ways to go before the Dogs and Wildcats can think about that. I'm sure Graham and Grundy will show up ready to play Wednesday night with going to state on their minds.

If either game is single digits I'll be surprised, if either loses...

I'll be totally shocked. M'ville and Dan River have 4-5A talent playing in 2A

Tournament venues

I have yet to see a tournament location this post season that makes sense. Now granted there may have been a couple, that snuck by me.

there are too many "home floor" games, and some long road trips that should be relocated halfway between schools involved.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT