ADVERTISEMENT

3A Region Final: #3 Phoebus Phantoms at #1 Hopewell Blue Devils

Who will win

• Hopwell High School

Votes: 28 71.8%
  • Phoebus High School

Votes: 11 28.2%

• Total voters
I thought yalls defense played well and kept the team in it. Iam not sure what the time of possession was but it seemed like they were on the field a lot.

We played about as well as a defense can play on Trey Henderson until that late TD but Briggs did too much damage in the first half. Coach Irby was pushing the right buttons. I give kudos to Phoebus' defense on that 4 down goal line stand. We'll be back. Y'all keep grinding and get that chip!

We played about as well as a defense can play on Trey Henderson until that late TD but Briggs did too much damage in the first half. Coach Irby was pushing the right buttons. I give kudos to Phoebus' defense on that 4 down goal line stand. We'll be back. Y'all keep grinding and get that chip!

I will say that Phoebus defense definitely kept them in the game, and if I’d hadn’t been for the our last touchdown you all had serious momentum late in the 4th. Y’all are a next level team and had the ball bounced y’all’s way on a couple more plays Phoebus could very well be playing next week instead of us. We bring back a young team and so do y’all so hopefully we can do this again next year.

I honestly hated Phoebus gameplan against a championship team like Hopewell. Like I've been saying ALL year I had no clue just how good Phoebus was playing against these weak teams in the PD. They shut down the run and forced Phoebus to win through the air and that's something that the 3 year starting senior QB struggled with all year. Didn't like the demeanor after the L either...this isn't the same Phoebus at all. We matched up with Hopewell but Hopewell just had a way better gameplan and executed beautifully. I left there with no doubt in my mind that this will be the 5th year in a row that Phoebus was eliminated by the eventual state champion.

Is Phoebus returning a lot next year? I know Hopewell is plus they had a undefeated JV season also.
Hopewell’s freshman QB is better than the varsity one right now in my opinion. It will very interesting what Irby does with that situation next year.

Reactions: DJENKS2015
Hopewell’s freshman QB is better than the varsity one right now in my opinion. It will very interesting what Irby does with that situation next year.
Yea Mason Cumbie I loved him as my rec quarterback a few years ago. I think he starts next year

Reactions: CHUKNOW
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT