ADVERTISEMENT

3A State Championship Game: Phoebus vs Heritage

After watching film on Phoebus last night there really small up front both sides of the ball Blake will have a field day running all over them ! Be prepared to see a lot of him This sat .
I will say this about being small up front defensively.. Appo's 15 and 16 dominated Heritage up front on D because we had some little fast stocky D Lineman (Christian Ferguson #9) that could shoot the gaps before them big offense lineman could get their hand all the way off the ground. They have a name for them little guys (squirrels) They can be in the backfield on the RB or QB before ya know it making the tackle or at least grabbing a leg until the rest of their teammates make it there to help... Didn't have no quick squirrels this year. There no adjusting to this, OL can close the gaps the best they can but the squirrels will come off the ball dive through the gaps (hips high) and BAM ! It was VERY efficient and nobody could stop it. If Phoebus got squirrels, Heritage better be ready !

Reactions: mike salem
It’s basically a home game for Heritage I excpect a huge crowd for Heritage Sat will Phoebus bring anybody ?!!
Heritage might have 100 fans at the game. Might be a little local interest because of location to Heritage. Heritage is only a couple miles away from Liberty. I plan on going if the weather is good. If not I will look for the score here.

Reactions: mike salem
I just watched a little of the Phoebus and LT game above and I heard a little into the second quarter that Phoebus had already has 7 penalties. Yall all know penalties can be the nail in the coffin for them. Hope they have become more disciplined in that area. #BeatHeritage

Reactions: moto138
I figured be huge crowd for heritage since only show in town . Like to see heritage do we’ll for Seminole!! Can’t stand Bradley he reminds me a little kid always mad at something and has no respect anybody .

I figured be huge crowd for heritage since only show in town . Like to see heritage do we’ll for Seminole!! Can’t stand Bradley he reminds me a little kid always mad at something and has no respect anybody .
There may be a decent Seminole contingent there, but from what I've heard Heritage themselves don't usually bring much of a crowd. Even though Bradley was originally a Salem guy I'm not a fan of his behavior on the sidelines and after the game. I know the Heritage kids would run through a wall for him and he's had a good record at William Campbell and Heritage. Just something about him rubs a lot of people the wrong way.

Reactions: wikki and moto138
I would imagine the kids that play for him love him. Maybe because his maturity level is on par with theirs. I don't know the guy, just my $0.02.
You don't know him but take a shot at him?! I have met him several times and have not had a problem. People in Salem got mad because when they lost in 2012 and Heritage counted the points out. Kind of a cheap shot being he has had success everywhere he has been.

Reactions: EPJr
There's a big difference between success and class. As I said I have not met him, but he definitely rubs people the wrong way. I'm sure one on one in person he's a great guy but he becomes a different person come game time. I understand it I'm just not a big fan of it. Again just my two cents. And other people have different opinions that's okay too.

It's kind of like the debate going on over on the 4A board. Some people see no issue with pregame antics and other people consider it taunting. Doesn't make it right or wrong in either case. Just a difference of opinions and different styles. Different strokes for different folks. Good luck to Heritage I have no dog in the fight in either case.

I was at the Heritage Salem game in 2012 and Salem fans were upset about Bradley's behavior after the game more than anything. I know Larry Bradley, his dad, was a coach at Andrew Lewis Middle School for a number of years and he was a class act and also very successful. I know Brad has had success and is a good coach. He just has a different style and that seems to work for him and the kids that play for him.

I reread my above statement and I will amend it thusly, he just has a different style. Some like It some don't. He doesn't care what other people think of his approach and I don't care whether they win or lose so my two cents isn't worth very much.

Reactions: wikki
But based on film you saw of Phoebus you have Heritage by two TD's. Phoebus matches up well with you guys. Phoebus is smaller than everybody they have played. Phoebus might by smaller than Heritage, but I believe they are faster and have more athletes. We will see. Everybody said the same thing when Phoebus played Dematha a few years back. They said Phoebus was too small, Phoebus will get blown out. Dematha found out early that wasn't how it was going to play out. I respect Heritage, but I'm not seeing a blow out!

Again, Heritage talked about how they couldnt be stopped. It was Elijah this and Elijah that. No one cares if he rushed for 200 yards in a championship game. All that matters is who won. We will see in three days who has the best team. That's why they play the games, and its in y'alls city. Lets see what happens. I can't wait for this game. People can discount what Phoebus has done, and talk up their team but again they will settle it on Sat. If Phoebus wins, please don't disappear.
Lol you’re right, Heritage fans were very cocky and arrogant last season. Notice I said Heritage fans and not “we.” I’m not a Heritage fan so it doesn’t make a difference to me who wins. I won’t even be at the game so you won’t hear any input on the game from me regardless of who wins since I won’t witness it myself. And please tell me when I “discounted” Phoebus...I’ll wait.

I feel yea !! Culpepper ran wild cat or whatever u call it formation the hole first half and they drove all the way down the field and they where slow Heritage going to look at that all u going to see QB run it with unbalanced out of shot gun and pick up big chunks of yards . With a lot of speed and power . I could be wrong but Phoebus just looks undersized . Tape can full yea a lot of times and could be different leval of competition out that way.Teams they play could be really good or not that good and make a team look better then they Actually Are . Should be a good game sat . We played Heritage twice this year . I don’t think they are as good as last years team .
"Culpepper ran wildcat or whatever the whole first half, and they drove all the way down the field", and yet they were down 21 to 7 at halftime.
You failed to note, Phoebus had the ball only one play in the first quarter "Score", two series in the second quarter"Score"', Score", one series in the third quarter "SCORE", and after Culpepper scored in the forth quarter Phoebus took only 4 plays, to "Score" again.
Final Phoebus 35 - Culpepper 14.

Poor undersized Phoebus ran 35 offensive plays and scored 35 offensive points! Culpepper ran 47 offensive plays and scored14 offensive points. Culpepper rushed for 124 yards on 47 carries, or a whole 2.63 yards per carry. Phoebus almost got that, 107 yards, in less than half the carries, 23. Phoebus completed 11 of 12 passes for 246 yards, or 20.5 yards an attempt.

This is not meant to disparage Culpepper, merely to suggest that you apparently missed a whole lot of things that were going on in the Phoebus- Culpepper game.
I don't know anything about Heritage, but I do know Phoebus! Heritage by 2 touchdowns seems a lot. Heritage's QB may well pick up "big chunks of yards , with a lot of speed and power", and Heritage may win, but I wouldn't count on it. If Heritage is all you claim them to be, this should be a really good game!

There may be a decent Seminole contingent there, but from what I've heard Heritage themselves don't usually bring much of a crowd. Even though Bradley was originally a Salem guy I'm not a fan of his behavior on the sidelines and after the game. I know the Heritage kids would run through a wall for him and he's had a good record at William Campbell and Heritage. Just something about him rubs a lot of people the wrong way.
Agreed, his cocky arrogant demeanor are not attractive nor liked. Hear a littIe story...I didn't see it, but was told after Heritage finally beat Appo in 17, Bradley supposedly pointed over at Doug Smith and mocked him by taking a knee like he was praying. Well I'll say this, at the end of that season Bradley had to eat Humble Pie. Appo won States and Heritage went down pretty bad to Blacksburg. #Karma

Reactions: wikki
Both defenses fly to the ball. Heritage does have a possession or two where they will lose focus and the pursuit is lackluster. Can't do that Saturday. I think this ballgame will come down to who can hit the timely passes to keep the chains moving. The game will be low scoring. Should be a great one!

Heritage 28 Phoebus 21 Final Bradley will be swinging that sludge hammer all over the field and jumping up and down counting out the score out and slobbering all over TV camera Telling the World nobody gave them a chance while they have so many athletes it’s not even funny, While picking up two new recruits from Roanoke to replace Blake kid and another fired head coach from some where to join his staff of 12 coaches already LoL . Cya sat peeps !!!

I stil have not seen it in print where Bradley is leaving heritage but keep getting asked about. Does anyone know if its in some newspaper?

He’s not going any where Everybody keeps saying Amherst he has it made where he’s at .

I stil have not seen it in print where Bradley is leaving heritage but keep getting asked about. Does anyone know if its in some newspaper?

Everyone says Amherst because of his connection with the superintendent. Bradley isn't going anywhere, it would be crazy to leave 3a for 4a imo. Plus Amherst is kind of a mess.

Heritage doesn’t mind him then they brought inn SR old coach who got fired half way that he year both on staff now . Heritage only school over looks these things ? Man a proven winner .

Heritage doesn’t mind him then they brought inn SR old coach who got fired half way that he year both on staff now . Heritage only school over looks these things ? Man a proven winner .
That he is. Amherst is a football community and has great history. They need to get it right with the next hire.

Heritage will have to be balanced to win in my opinion and don't turn the ball over. That's the only way LT won, even if it was on the last drive of their game. Watch LT's vs Phoebus game here:
One huge thing from this game is Lake Taylor played this game without its best player Von Harvey who was all region at DB/WR/KR/PR. He guards everyone's best WR and is a handful on offense. Had 5 catches for 211 this past weekend in the state semifinals.

One huge thing from this game is Lake Taylor played this game without its best player Von Harvey who was all region at DB/WR/KR/PR. He guards everyone's best WR and is a handful on offense. Had 5 catches for 211 this past weekend in the state semifinals.
Harvey is a great player, but I believe its still a close game. Both teams has gotten better during the year. Did Harvey play against Norcom?

Harvey is a great player, but I believe its still a close game. Both teams has gotten better during the year. Did Harvey play against Norcom?
He was out and 5 went down early the other RB and DB. His backup fumbled 2x

Heritage 28 Phoebus 21 Final Bradley will be swinging that sludge hammer all over the field and jumping up and down counting out the score out and slobbering all over TV camera Telling the World nobody gave them a chance while they have so many athletes it’s not even funny, While picking up two new recruits from Roanoke to replace Blake kid and another fired head coach from some where to join his staff of 12 coaches already LoL . Cya sat peeps !!!
I don’t even like his interviews on the news after the games, just something about him?!

Reactions: HokieTDTech
Everyone says Amherst because of his connection with the superintendent. Bradley isn't going anywhere, it would be crazy to leave 3a for 4a imo. Plus Amherst is kind of a mess.
Amherst had issues this season but it should be fine next year. I heard something about Bradley at Amherst, not sure, personally I hope he stays at Heritage, not a fan of him at all. The fans that I know and a few assistants aren’t fans either. A few Amherst players this year told me that the Heritage players love him and I think it’s because he gets to their level. I think he’s a little over the top, not sure if that’s what Amherst needs.

That he is. Amherst is a football community and has great history. They need to get it right with the next hire.
Yes they should, they plenty of time, this year they didn’t and rushed the decision

Reactions: moto138
Yes Sir, Harvey did play against Norcom. Casaan Dixon locked him down.
DEVILSLB99, Dont make excuses when your team lose or when teams can compete with you. Injuries are part of the game. Dixon shut Harvey down. What makes you think that wouldn't have happen in the Phoebus game. There was a controversial call on LT's winning drive, but noone is complaining about that. Sometimes thats part of the game. LT won that game but Phoebus couldve won it too. We have our best lineman and running back out but we made it to the championship. Win lose or draw we never made excuses about our play.

DEVILSLB99, Dont make excuses when your team lose or when teams can compete with you. Injuries are part of the game. Dixon shut Harvey down. What makes you think that wouldn't have happen in the Phoebus game. There was a controversial call on LT's winning drive, but noone is complaining about that. Sometimes thats part of the game. LT won that game but Phoebus couldve won it too. We have our best lineman and running back out but we made it to the championship. Win lose or draw we never made excuses about our play.
My team? I’ve been gone for almost two years. Lol I was at the Phoebus game since it was a Thursday night and there was no passing threat for Lake Taylor at all. Phoebus was able to stack the box and focus on taking away the run. A lot of what ifs and could’ve, should’ve, would’ve for that game.

As far as the ICN game I wasn’t in attendance but I know Harvey was out the prior two games and I know 5 got hurt. I was told Harvey didn’t play because he didn’t play for the previous two games. My mistake ICN WR kid had the game of his life also.

Congrats to Phoebus welcome back to relevancy and I see y’all still as sensitive as ever guys. Nothing changed!! Back to the 4A board I go and I’ll be there Saturday rooting for you guys. My Blue Devils still have a day to be the current state champion.

Reactions: VolNation85
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT