3.LT 28
4.Grafton 25.57
5.Smithfield 24
6.KF 22.28
7.Deep Creek 19.875
8.Great Bridge 18.42

Denbigh 18.375
Jamestown 17.7

LT playing 3 teams with a combined 2 wins (Churchland (1-6) 2 weeks ago, Wilson (0-7) this week, and BTW (1-6) next Saturday) is killing our power rating.

For those that like it..If the playoffs started today:
1. Lafayette (7-0) vs. 8. Great Bridge (1-6)
4. Grafton (6-1) vs. 5. Smithfield (5-2)
2. Heritage (6-1) vs. 7. Deep Creek (2-5)
3. Lake Taylor (6-1) vs. 6. Kings Fork (3-4)

Reactions: OCBoy
Hey LT Are not the schedules made out a couple of years ahead of time ? Its hard to know how good your competition is from year to year except with certain teams . The two biggest factors in the points rating probably are how well your district teams do against outside the district teams and your own teams out of district competition. For instance , we are losing William Byrd after this year who will probably finish either 8-2 or 9-1 depending upon Lord Botetourt game and we are replacing with Dinwiddie who is extremely good this year and has a great program but you never know . We are picking up division six Franklin County and losing Carroll County , who is leaving the district .

Heritage has 2 big games left- Woodside and Phoebus. Their position will definitely be impacted. Didn't notice that the 6-8 are now all with losing records.

Hey LT Are not the schedules made out a couple of years ahead of time ? Its hard to know how good your competition is from year to year except with certain teams . The two biggest factors in the points rating probably are how well your district teams do against outside the district teams and your own teams out of district competition. For instance , we are losing William Byrd after this year who will probably finish either 8-2 or 9-1 depending upon Lord Botetourt game and we are replacing with Dinwiddie who is extremely good this year and has a great program but you never know . We are picking up division six Franklin County and losing Carroll County , who is leaving the district .
Those teams that have a combined 2 wins and they are in our district. This year our district did not perform well in out of district games and its showing. All of this would have been moot if we had taken care of business week one against Heritage. Now, its up in the air. Oh well

Devils, I am a bit confused. Why is LT not getting more points for their Northeastern win? Please help me out on this one.

Devils, I am a bit confused. Why is LT not getting more points for their Northeastern win? Please help me out on this one.
Right now they are 7-1 but in the eyes of the VHSL they are 6-1 because they had a game the week before our season starts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT