ADVERTISEMENT

4B Official Pairings

Lol yeah I remember last yr he fumbled in that ev game and pretty much was costly, but I’m telling u now if Louisa pass the ball like they did against Albemarle kg is in for a long night that score can go to 7-0 to 40-0 quick

That's funny right there. 7-15 2 different QB's and a JV team at that. Come on.

Hey guys what’s up! Another long time Louisa fan here. Been following preps for a few years now, just figured I’d finally join since playoffs are starting!

Anyway - couple of thoughts. Louisa is very talented and very well coached. They have had some recent injuries but have some talented depth and know how to move guys around to the right places. While the injuries are not great they still have 7-8 guys that can score on any play. I mean 14 different people touched the ball against Albemarle. The defense has been well prepared for what they’re up against each week and overall dominant all season.

HOWEVER, KG has several playmakers of their own. Louisa can not just show up and win. The QB is top notch and doesn’t miss a throw very often. The receivers run great routes and go up and fight for every ball near them. The 2 main RBs run very hard and the O-line is ginormous. The defensive front has the same size and they rally to the ball well.

I’m excited for this first playoff matchup in the Jungle! Should be a good one!

That was the worst Albemarle team I've seen though. Hunter and Lindner didn't look bad, but I'm more excited by how Hunter did against WA.
Yeah true Albemarle was bad lol, I didn’t go to the w.albemarle game to see hunter play an in that game

That was the worst Albemarle team I've seen though. Hunter and Lindner didn't look bad, but I'm more excited by how Hunter did against WA.

Yeah he looked good there he was 5-8 and had a real good scramble for 20 yards or something like that. The slant wheel concept he threw the slant looked good and on time.

I looked up kg schedule and can’t say anything bad about them they only had one bad loss to ev, and all the games they did lose was only by like 1, or 2 points I can see why someone said they could be easy 9-1 team this year it makes since , I’m anxious to see this game happen

It's gonna be interesting.
I was at the Spotsy game and KG’s best wide receiver number 5 was ejected from the game for unsportsmanlike. He’s all they had at receiver besides the RB out of the backfield. I think this means he misses at least the Louisa game. KG is probably the healthiest team in 4B so maybe his absence won’t matter much but against Spotsy he was all they had outside.

I can't say he can throw "really good" since he's only thrown a couple handful of passes which some were off target. He throws like an athlete would. Not a big read the D guy but more of a know where i'm going and throw it or move my feet and see if something develops.
Trust me, he can read defenses. He hasn't had to show it yet, but he will. He has the QB smarts and is one of the smartest players on the team. Honestly he should've been QB full time last year.

Reactions: MineralMagic
I was at the Spotsy game and KG’s best wide receiver number 5 was ejected from the game for unsportsmanlike. He’s all they had at receiver besides the RB out of the backfield. I think this means he misses at least the Louisa game. KG is probably the healthiest team in 4B so maybe his absence won’t matter much but against Spotsy he was all they had outside.
Yeah, he allegedly used some inappropriate language. Not sure if he has to sit for this game or not. He's a good receiver, but probably #3 in receptions. He's been out most of the year with hamstring issues. They would like to have him, but are used to not having him. He only had 2 of the 8 receptions for 39 yards, but both were TDs.

Trust me, he can read defenses. He hasn't had to show it yet, but he will. He has the QB smarts and is one of the smartest players on the team. Honestly he should've been QB full time last year.

I don't doubt he can go out there and sling the ball to some talented receivers especially a FBS Commit in #4 and his brother. It's different to stand back there day in and day out and know all the reads and win a game off your arm. Will is a smart coach and probably shorten the play book so he only has a handful of plays that he can get him to understand all the reads, progressions, and timing. Its way more than he's QB smart. It's time.

I think Louisa will play hunter and do read options Plays or run the single wing instead of the pistol because Shelton is a big back and throw the big back #55 in there also run between the tackles see what happens

We won't have that much success between the tackles IMO. We have the speed and talent to hurt KG on the edges all night, which is their weakness.

Reactions: defensivewall
I think it would be foolish to doubt Jarrett Hunter. Kid is an athlete who has shown he can do it all for the most part. It could potentially open up the playbook with a kid that dynamic, not shorten it.

I don't think anyone is doubting his ability. I just don't see a runner with his resume all of a sudden turn into Lamar Jackson. Will he complete passes, yes. Is he going to go sling it all over, I doubt it. It really would be a waste of his talent.

I don't think anyone is doubting his ability. I just don't see a runner with his resume all of a sudden turn into Lamar Jackson. Will he complete passes, yes. Is he going to go sling it all over, I doubt it. It really would be a waste of his talent.

Gotcha. Let’s be honest though. Regardless of who is playing QB, Louisa isn't really going to “sling it all over”. They’re going to establish the run. However, having talent like Robinson, Buck Hunter, Washington, Couzzo, Sims, and Aponte will keep defenses honest though. Pick your poison really.

Reactions: Abanks8633
KG can hang with Louisa but will need all phases clicking. KG’s QB legit and their D can stop run game. But hard to use the games vs Ct/JM as a guide. Courtland just very young, their future much better and JM puzzling on offense, no real identity according to a few folks I’ve spoken to. JM’s athletic but best receiver(super fast) at QB, most experienced QB at WR and a future arm/frosh just needs another year/two. And JM bested KG on a 2nd half injury and kick return. And it’s clear KG can stop run after Spotsy game. Colbert is no joke but may be hamstrung in the run to the right type offense against better teams. Think KG showed that. If Louisa QB can sting KG defense with a few passes, that may make run lanes a bit easier to create. Won’t go against Louisa in this one but this KG team capable and the toughest #8 seed in this years playoffs.

I don't doubt he can go out there and sling the ball to some talented receivers especially a FBS Commit in #4 and his brother. It's different to stand back there day in and day out and know all the reads and win a game off your arm. Will is a smart coach and probably shorten the play book so he only has a handful of plays that he can get him to understand all the reads, progressions, and timing. Its way more than he's QB smart. It's time.
i think that's his cousin. coach will make the rite changes to compensate for his hurt kids and I think they were better with the scheme they had with the original QB. I mean hunter played enough QB along with the other kid to know what hes doing and will make the rite decisions. I thought we didn't second guess the coach by the way. that's not for you wall that was for others he said you don't do that.

From what I’m hearing kg can stop the run but kg haven’t faced a offense with multiple running backs in one game and Louisa offense is better then 99% of all the teams kg played this year, the numbers don’t lie, Ev and Louisa offense is probably on the same level , Louisa offense is based off running the ball, the question is can kg score and get the ball moving in Louisa defense if they think they’re running on Louisa it’s going to be a long night for them, only one team had successfully on Louisa and that was massaponex and they lost

Reactions: Ramblin'
Orange uses multiple RBs. #25 and #1. Louisa also had one of the easiest schedules per strength of schedule. Louisa is a very good team but numbers don’t lie and the fact that the teams Louisa beat have a 34 wins and 66 losses. Sounds to me with a negative strength of schedule and a super upside down win loss record of opponents that the facts are a way but skewed. I think Louisa wins I’m just saying that you can’t throw out the baby with the bath water and not take KG serious. If so it could be ugly. Kg was 21-14 with EV till 9:00 left in the game and without a couple key guys in that game.

From what I’m hearing kg can stop the run but kg haven’t faced a offense with multiple running backs in one game and Louisa offense is better then 99% of all the teams kg played this year, the numbers don’t lie, Ev and Louisa offense is probably on the same level , Louisa offense is based off running the ball, the question is can kg score and get the ball moving in Louisa defense if they think they’re running on Louisa it’s going to be a long night for them, only one team had successfully on Louisa and that was massaponex and they lost
This is the most chatter over a 1-vs-8 I've seen in a while for a game that should be over by half.

Reactions: Bcope83
Orange uses multiple RBs. #25 and #1. Louisa also had one of the easiest schedules per strength of schedule. Louisa is a very good team but numbers don’t lie and the fact that the teams Louisa beat have a 34 wins and 66 losses. Sounds to me with a negative strength of schedule and a super upside down win loss record of opponents that the facts are a way but skewed. I think Louisa wins I’m just saying that you can’t throw out the baby with the bath water and not take KG serious. If so it could be ugly. Kg was 21-14 with EV till 9:00 left in the game and without a couple key guys in that game.
Yes...but that game was an officiating abomination...almost 30 penalties for about 280 yds. There was more standing around than playing. You can throw that game out the window with the baby and the bath water. Louisa by many.

Reactions: racindan4u
So your telling me kg defense is better then massaponex, naw don’t think so louisa use 3-7 backs a Game , I can’t see kg stopping Louisa , ev run game isn’t better then Louisa nobody in the battlefield district have a better run offense then Louisa

KG has been capable of playing at that level all year. They finally played relatively mistake free and the play calling the last couple of weeks has been outstanding. They under achieved against JM and Courtland, don't let those results fool you. I'm not saying they will beat Louisa, but they can.
Yeah y’all still took the L JM though, a L is a L...

Yes...but that game was an officiating abomination...almost 30 penalties for about 280 yds. There was more standing around than playing. You can throw that game out the window with the baby and the bath water. Louisa by many.
I didn't think I would ever get home on that game and I know 2 refs wore out 2 hankies they through so many.

I tend to believe the "cream always rises to the top". Since realignment (2013) five Region B teams have advanced to the state semis or finals. Dinwiddie (2013 & 2016), Monacan (2014), Courtland (2015), Louisa (2017) and Eastern View (2018).

Earning a top seed in region b is not an easy task and if you do then your team is elite. We all saw the the start of the Louisa's ascent in 2015 and the Lions have earned their place at the top. With that being said "to be the man you got to beat the man".

King George, Spotsylvania, Huguenot and Dinwiddie, past seasons have not been kind to the 5-8 seeds. This year could be different, but I am sticking with tradition.

Odds:

Louisa by 14
Monacan by 3
Spotsy vs. PH even
EV by 10

Yeah y’all still took the L JM though, a L is a L...
Yeah, so, never denied that. Has nothing to do with my point. Don't judge KG off of that game... we're a much better team than JM. We're also much better than the 20-14 final score in the Courtland game. All I was trying to say was don't forecast how KG does based on those two results. Good luck to JM... they're going to need it.

Sheesh, why the negative on the JM kids, just tip hat. Give them props for not quitting until 0:00. Was it a kick return that opened door at end? Sometimes football games require all three phases. Give them credit for their special teams. Just like spotsy knocking off EV, etc. , Spotsy did something no teams done in years to them in regular season. Ref JM, someone just told me they had a score called back too, late 4th qtr but game final was 22-21 and just checked stats in star,,,,neither team did that much, maybe both teams just played hard.

Sheesh, why the negative on the JM kids, just tip hat. Give them props for not quitting until 0:00. Was it a kick return that opened door at end? Sometimes football games require all three phases. Give them credit for their special teams. Just like spotsy knocking off EV, etc. , Spotsy did something no teams done in years to them in regular season. Ref JM, someone just told me they had a score called back too, late 4th qtr but game final was 22-21 and just checked stats in star,,,,neither team did that much, maybe both teams just played hard.
Yeah, sorry, nothing against the JM kids. Not sure why someone had to say "yall still took the L", had nothing to do with my point. Just immature click bait crap, my bad, shouldn't have dignified it with a response.

All good, battlefield had some good teams this year, rooting for all of them still in the hunt!
Absolutely, me too, and excited for what next year will bring. I think the Battlefield is on the rise across the board. Let me give Caroline some love, they had a couple of skill kids that could play on anyone's team. I sure hope they figure it out there.

EV also had a handful of TD’s and big plays called back due to pen
Yeah, so, never denied that. Has nothing to do with my point. Don't judge KG off of that game... we're a much better team than JM. We're also much better than the 20-14 final score in the Courtland game. All I was trying to say was don't forecast how KG does based on those two results. Good luck to JM... they're going to need it.
“A much better team” is really strong wording for a team that finished 4th the conference in regards to the number 2 who only lost to the champion.

EV also had a handful of TD’s and big plays called back due to pen

“A much better team” is really strong wording for a team that finished 4th the conference in regards to the number 2 who only lost to the champion.
Just my eye test opinion. I know injuries are part of the game, but if our QB doesn't get hurt, KG beats JM by about 3 scores. It was an absolute comedy of errors (Keystone Cops) when the backup came in. 1st snap, mishandled, JM recovers it and returns it inside the KG 10 yard line. KG holds them out of the enzone. 2nd snap resulted in a safety. Ensuing kickoff returned for a TD. None of that happens with the starter still in the game. JM "earned" the win (they scored more points, duh)...not disputing that, I am just giving insight for those that just look at scores on Maxpreps...

Oh, and EV only had 1 TD called back that didn't result in a score. The others were inconsequential since they scored a TD anyhow. We had a fumble recovery for a TD called back because of an inadvertent whistle and that was an obvious TD, the refs admitted their mistake.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT