ADVERTISEMENT

4B Official Pairings

OCBoy

VaPreps All Region
Nov 12, 2001
(8) King George @ (1) Louisa
(7) Dinwiddie @ (2) Monacan
(6) Huguenot @ (3) Eastern View
(5) Spotsylvania @ (4) Patrick Henry (A)

Some very interesting matchups

Will Monacan and EV finally match up? Tall order because both teams can definitely be upset.

I've personally wanted to play PH forever, it might finally happen. But an old school Spotsy matchup would be great too!

Two of those games are 50/50’s in my book.
EV vs Hug is 65/35 in favor of EV.

stopping the run has been problematic for Monacan throughout the season. Not good timing for us with Mr. Barlow coming to town who just rushed for 300 or so against Dale.

Our lines, lbs, rbs, and QB are real good. Against Liberty & EV we got exposed on the outside. If our receivers and dbs can compete it will be a game, at least for a while. If not it could get ugly.

5-8 are all very capable of winning the first round
I don’t know. If KG beats Louisa I’d be shocked....but I guess I’ve been shocked before. You still have my email? Send me a “hey” email if you do.

I think that monacan dinwiddie game is really 50/50 but dinwiddie played hopewell tough I don’t know much about monacan this year but I’m sure each team will be ready , Louisa just has to win and they have the home field advantage thru playoffs I just hope weather doesn’t mess up none of the games

Our lines, lbs, rbs, and QB are real good. Against Liberty & EV we got exposed on the outside. If our receivers and dbs can compete it will be a game, at least for a while. If not it could get ugly.
All of the recent Louisa/KG games after the first one (that KG won on the controversial field goal) were close for a while, even though Louisa was much more superior. KG is always scrappy and this game will be VERY tough for Louisa. The Lion defense we've touted all year might have to bail us out at times.

(8) King George @ (1) Louisa
(7) Dinwiddie @ (2) Monacan
(6) Huguenot @ (3) Eastern View
(5) Spotsylvania @ (4) Patrick Henry (A)

Some very interesting matchups

Louisa 28 King George 13
Dinwiddie 36 Monacan 35
Eastern View 31 Huguenot 14
PH 27 Spotsy 26

Louisa 28 King George 13
Dinwiddie 36 Monacan 35
Eastern View 31 Huguenot 14
PH 27 Spotsy 26
I think you may be real close, but I think Dinwiddie and PH may win by more than that. Agree with all the winners though.

I don’t know. If KG beats Louisa I’d be shocked....but I guess I’ve been shocked before. You still have my email? Send me a “hey” email if you do.

If I'm not mistaken everyone would be shocked if KG beat Spotsy last week and they blew their doors off. So I guess we are all officially SHOCKED!!!

Reactions: LionNation540
Louisa is a great team but they only played 1 team with a winning record (Ponax) and 3 teams that finished even. I know why and its usually for health reasons but is it really getting you ready for playoff football.

KG has been capable of playing at that level all year. They finally played relatively mistake free and the play calling the last couple of weeks has been outstanding. They under achieved against JM and Courtland, don't let those results fool you. I'm not saying they will beat Louisa, but they can.

Well as much as I would like to see an upset, just not going to happen. KG has a nice team that is complemented by a wing it QB who can make throws and hard running RB. A resurgent Spotsy was besieged by injury and during 1st series lost QB Naccrato to injury and did not return, which severely affected them offensively. Sposty thrived this season on ball possession and keeping the defense fresh most of the time. That did not happen the other night, offense became out of sink and defense was always on the field tiring. My own non rated non biased opinion is this will not be close, 45 -13 Louisa! Just saying!!

I haven’t seen kg play but seems like a solid team , how is there passing or run offense

Ol’ Coach Patrick will have the boys ready to play. I would look for a few wrinkles in the playoffs. I’ve heard from a few folks close to the program that they have been working some under center I-formation stuff. ISO, lead, trap, counter.

I like our chances more if they just try to pound it. If they start slinging it around I will be very worried. I know Louisa is a different beast, but no one has pushed us around up front all year.

Ol’ Coach Patrick will have the boys ready to play. I would look for a few wrinkles in the playoffs. I’ve heard from a few folks close to the program that they have been working some under center I-formation stuff. ISO, lead, trap, counter.
This will be the best defense they’ve seen this year. They need a lot of wrinkles.

I like our chances more if they just try to pound it. If they start slinging it around I will be very worried. I know Louisa is a different beast, but no one has pushed us around up front all year.
What’s the most yards rushing have a team rushed on y’all this year or a single rushing back

What’s the most yards rushing have a team rushed on y’all this year or a single rushing back
Jalen Alexander week 1 ran for over 100. He looked real good. Caroline piled up some yards but a lot of that was against our backups late. Chancellor had a little success, but their big back had 11 carries for 44 yards. EV had 30 something carries for 90 something yards. JM had 81 yards rushing, Courtland had 41, Stafford had very little, Spotsy had about 80. Not sure about W&L, but their triple option gave us some problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: Va434

Been watching him for years and I doubt a guy who runs single wing out of shotgun is going to all of a sudden go under center with a running back. They already run I/O trap, and his favorite GT counter. I'm sure if he has any wrinkle he isnt going to waste it on the first game of the playoffs. Louisa should be a finalist and I'm sure they'd breakout anything they got later down the road. Be a total waste to do it on KG

No doubt the foxes will be tough. Thus the need for the wrinkles. Patrick has been studying an old school offense from a powerhouse single A program in PA. Hasn’t run a single play out of the set yet.
This will be the best defense they’ve seen this year. They need a lot of wrinkles.[/QUOTE

So what you think about the QB!!
He's very good, D1 caliber, has a great arm and mobile. He's good at extending plays with his feet until his wideouts get open. Louisa has to get pressure on him and not miss tackles, because one missed tackle could result in a big play to a receiver who got open. It'll be interesting!

Reactions: defensivewall
He's very good, D1 caliber, has a great arm and mobile. He's good at extending plays with his feet until his wideouts get open. Louisa has to get pressure on him and not miss tackles, because one missed tackle could result in a big play to a receiver who got open. It'll be interesting!
Yeah, he's got an offer from William and Mary, but he's just a junior so we will see going forward.

Reactions: LionNation540
No doubt the foxes will be tough. Thus the need for the wrinkles. Patrick has been studying an old school offense from a powerhouse single A program in PA. Hasn’t run a single play out of the set yet.
My bad...misread previous reply. What I meant was Louisa has the best defense KG will have seen all year. I see few pts from KG in this one

My bad...misread previous reply. What I meant was Louisa has the best defense KG will have seen all year. I see few pts from KG in this one
Agreed, and I think KG may have the best defense that Louisa has seen... except maybe Massaponax... maybe.

I'm waiting to see how it shakes out with your freshman QB. He had a good year and I only imagine hes only gonna get better.

I think Louisa will be very dangerous now that hunter is at qb but also he’s a natural rb which he will have the ball in his hand a lot and far as passing he can throw really good, louisa has good back name Shelton but the other back Morgan is out for the year and he was a monster, so now Louisa have to make a few changes, but I’m sure it works out, Louisa defense is solid that alone is gonna cause problems for any team

Reactions: FoxesPride
I'll believe it when I see it, because I hear it all the time. I'm always excited when he brings out certain power pistol formations, but he barely does it. Some more looks with Washington or Williams at fullback with Jarett Hunter and Shelton running the read option mixed with power would be very simple yet effective. Then we can also throw to the tight ends Sims and Aponte out of them, which we've done but barely. However, I went to the Highland Springs/Varina game and it made me appreciate having Patrick as our offensive coordinator even more than usual, along with the Springs/Manchester game. Varina did run some nice methodical plays on one drive in the 2nd half though, which they should've done all game.

Last edited:

That statement could go both ways. Remember Louisa only played 1 team with a winning record. I could argue that EV may have had the best until #1 and #33 went out of the game.

I think Louisa will be very dangerous now that hunter is at qb but also he’s a natural rb which he will have the ball in his hand a lot and far as passing he can throw really good, louisa has good back name Shelton but the other back Morgan is out for the year and he was a monster, so now Louisa have to make a few changes, but I’m sure it works out, Louisa defense is solid that alone is gonna cause problems for any team
I definitely expect Noah Robinson to get more carries too. Still a lot to work with if we don't get more banged up! I just hope Shelton doesn't fumble at the worst times. He's our best pure back now, and could be a workhorse if he doesn't fumble.

I definitely expect Noah Robinson to get more carries too. Still a lot to work with if we don't get more banged up! I just hope Shelton doesn't fumble at the worst times. He's our best pure back now, and could be a workhorse if he doesn't fumble.
Lol yeah I remember last yr he fumbled in that ev game and pretty much was costly, but I’m telling u now if Louisa pass the ball like they did against Albemarle kg is in for a long night that score can go to 7-0 to 40-0 quick

I can't say he can throw "really good" since he's only thrown a couple handful of passes which some were off target. He throws like an athlete would. Not a big read the D guy but more of a know where i'm going and throw it or move my feet and see if something develops. I don't count throwing a tunnel or bubble for 80 yds a really good passer. Sorry, I hope he can get better there because that could be a problem later in the playoffs. When you see those teams that can play cover 0 and force him to make a tight throw in little space he will be more inclined to run and that will leave an extra defender in the box to help defend the run. Can make you 1 dimensional real fast. I don't think there is one D in the Region that has that but there is teams in the state that can.

Reactions: Va434
I can't say he can throw "really good" since he's only thrown a couple handful of passes which some were off target. He throws like an athlete would. Not a big read the D guy but more of a know where i'm going and throw it or move my feet and see if something develops. I don't count throwing a tunnel or bubble for 80 yds a really good passer. Sorry, I hope he can get better there because that could be a problem later in the playoffs. When you see those teams that can play cover 0 and force him to make a tight throw in little space he will be more inclined to run and that will leave an extra defender in the box to help defend the run. Can make you 1 dimensional real fast. I don't think there is one D in the Region that has that but there is teams in the state that can.
Yeah u have a point there didn’t think of it like that makes since to me and , your right very smart man you are

Lol yeah I remember last yr he fumbled in that ev game and pretty much was costly, but I’m telling u now if Louisa pass the ball like they did against Albemarle kg is in for a long night that score can go to 7-0 to 40-0 quick
That was the worst Albemarle team I've seen though. Hunter and Lindner didn't look bad, but I'm more excited by how Hunter did against WA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT