6. Louisa 3-0 66pts = 22
7. Hanover 1-2 57pts = 19
8. Caroline 2-2 72pts = 18

9. Midlothian 1-2 51pts = 17
10. Courtland 0-3 43pts = 14.3
11. King George 0-4 55pts = 13.75
12. Chancellor 0-4 52pts = 13
13. Powhatan 0-3 33pts = 11

You know something, these top 8 are almost a lock. Of course the order may change.

Only Hanover, Midlothian, or Caroline will be on the outside looking in. 1-6 are locks for the playoffs.

And you said the points were unimportant this early, Lafayette! LOL.

I know everybody thinks region d is the toughest and the best region in class 4, but if you omit Hugeunot there are 5 quality teams who could win region b.

At this point I really could care less about the other regions. The final seedings are going to be huge. From here on out if a region b team slips on a banana peel you could go from the penthouse to the outhouse. 3 of these teams had a va preps posters at the Monacan game and we all said the same thing. Its going to be Nightmare!

1. Monacan (Dominion) 4-0 27.00
2. Dinwiddie (Central) 4-0 26.00
3. Louisa Co. (Jefferson) 4-0 23.50
4. Henry, Pat - Ash (Capital) 3-1 23.25
5. Eastern View (Battlefield) 5-0 23.20
6. Huguenot (Dominion) 3-2 22.60
7. Hanover (Capital) 1-3 18.25
8. Midlothian (Dominion) 1-3 18.00
9. King George (Battlefield) 1-4 17.80
10. Caroline (Battlefield) 2-3 17.60
11. Courtland (Battlefield) 0-4 15.25
12. Powhatan (Jefferson) 1-3 15.00
13. Chancellor (Battlefield) 0-5 14.60

Pivotal Games:
Dinwiddie v. Thomas Dale
Spotsylvania v. Eastern View
Huguenot at Midlothian
KG at James Monroe
Chancellor at Courtland

Other:
Monacan will beat up on 3A George Wythe.

Louisa should have easy game at 3A Western Albemarle after seeing Powhatan beat them last week. Louisa is really good this year.

Patrick Henry should take care of 5A Atlee with Atlee still possibly playing without QB Tyler Warren.

Rebuilding Hanover faces tough test in 5A Lee-Davis who will be looking to bounce back after getting destroyed by 5A Highland Springs.

Powhatan faces a very good 4A Charlottesville team. Powhatan has been up early and been in every game except for the 2nd half of the game v. Hopewell. Woodson has shown throughout the years that he is a great coach and I would not be surprised if Powhatan gave them a game.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
1. Monacan (Dominion) 4-0 27.00
2. Dinwiddie (Central) 4-0 26.00
3. Louisa Co. (Jefferson) 4-0 23.50
4. Henry, Pat - Ash (Capital) 3-1 23.25
5. Eastern View (Battlefield) 5-0 23.20
6. Huguenot (Dominion) 3-2 22.60
7. Hanover (Capital) 1-3 18.25
8. Midlothian (Dominion) 1-3 18.00
9. King George (Battlefield) 1-4 17.80
10. Caroline (Battlefield) 2-3 17.60
11. Courtland (Battlefield) 0-4 15.25
12. Powhatan (Jefferson) 1-3 15.00
13. Chancellor (Battlefield) 0-5 14.60

Pivotal Games:
Dinwiddie v. Thomas Dale
Spotsylvania v. Eastern View
Huguenot at Midlothian
KG at James Monroe
Chancellor at Courtland

Other:
Monacan will beat up on 3A George Wythe.

Louisa should have easy game at 3A Western Albemarle after seeing Powhatan beat them last week. Louisa is really good this year.

Patrick Henry should take care of 5A Atlee with Atlee still possibly playing without QB Tyler Warren.

Rebuilding Hanover faces tough test in 5A Lee-Davis who will be looking to bounce back after getting destroyed by 5A Highland Springs.

Powhatan faces a very good 4A Charlottesville team. Powhatan has been up early and been in every game except for the 2nd half of the game v. Hopewell. Woodson has shown throughout the years that he is a great coach and I would not be surprised if Powhatan gave them a game.
If Orange was that close to C'ville, their defense must be suspect. Powhatan has a chance if their defense can make some stops

Reactions: RVA804
If Orange was that close to C'ville, their defense must be suspect. Powhatan has a chance if their defense can make some stops

I think that Powhatan has NO chance vs C'ville. They lost to Midlo. I can't imagine C'ville ever losing to Midlo under any circumstance this year. I will say that Midlo isn't that bad actually just overmatched with Bird, Monacan,JR and Manchester on the District schedule.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
I think that Powhatan has NO chance vs C'ville. They lost to Midlo. I can't imagine C'ville ever losing to Midlo under any circumstance this year. I will say that Midlo isn't that bad actually just overmatched with Bird, Monacan,JR and Manchester on the District schedule.
Could be....I'm not familiar with Midlothian at all. But if C'ville gave up 35 to Harrisonburg and 47 to Orange, that defense must have a lot of holes.

We definitely do have a lot of holes on the defensive end...that's something we really need to fix. However, I'm not so sure those flaws will be majorly exposed to Powhatan.

We definitely do have a lot of holes on the defensive end...that's something we really need to fix. However, I'm not so sure those flaws will be majorly exposed to Powhatan.
You may be right. It's hard to get a read on teams like Powhatan/Monticello/WA. It's definitely not one of those years where you can say if Team A beat Team B by 20, and Team A beat Team C by 50, then B will beat Team C. It's all about exploiting a specific match-up(s).

@blackknight_pride how good is Monticello?

I'd say they are a solid contender in 3A right now...but don't be surprised if they finish the regular season 8-2/7-3. A lot will be revealed for them this week at Albemarle and then with Western. Western took LB to the brink, and if Monticello can handle Western then I think they're a serious threat. I don't see them beating Louisa or Cville though.

No state contenders out of the JD. Teams will have good seasons but I would be surprised if anyone makes it to states.

Reactions: OCBoy
You guys seem to be forgetting, EC Glass is 4-0 with a win over Heritage, a 3A state contender. Charlottesville lost to EC Glass, 21-20 in overtime @ EC Glass. Not a bad loss at all, and it's their only one. Just saying...

You guys seem to be forgetting, EC Glass is 4-0 with a win over Heritage, a 3A state contender. Charlottesville lost to EC Glass, 21-20 in overtime @ EC Glass. Not a bad loss at all, and it's their only one. Just saying...
That can be attributed to many things... matchups etc If glass were to play Cville again that number will be a lot high than 21. With no defense Cville will be lucky to make it past the first round

That can be attributed to many things... matchups etc If glass were to play Cville again that number will be a lot high than 21. With no defense Cville will be lucky to make it past the first round

I think if they play that Glass vs C'ville game again C'ville wins. The only problem is they don't play that game again... unless they meet in the playoffs

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT