ADVERTISEMENT

6A South Official Power Point Ratings

BulldogKeeper

VaPreps Rookie
Aug 22, 2010
http://www.vhsl.org/doc/upload/fb-2014-top-20-rankings-Oct%206.pdf

Ocean Lakes remains at the top and C.D. Hylton moves to the second spot with their wins over previous unbeaten Battlefield & Patriot. Cosby drops to number three but remains undefeated and Cox and Oscar Smith are neck to neck with Cox at four and Smith at five. I take it Oscar Smith is down on points because of their out of state loss to Washington High School (Miami, FL)? I'm amazed at how far down Varina has dropped this year and after starting the year off 3-1, Riverbend has lost their last two games. Between Varina, James River and Riverbend...two of those teams will have to win at least 2-3 more games to get in. Patrick Henry-Roanoke could host a playoff game if they can hold out their current spot and Colonial Forge and Woodbridge don't catch up.

http://www.vhsl.org/doc/upload/fb-2014-top-20-rankings-Oct%206.pdf

Couple of big wins by Hylton the last two weeks right Bulldog? I looked at the Patriot-Battlefield stretch a little more realistically after the Stonewall loss, thought it would be tough for them to beat those two teams in consecutive weeks. But that was a great comeback win last week, and despite all of the penalties last, the offense is starting to look pretty sharp. I still think Woodbridge, Forest Park, Freedom, and Potomac could give Hylton close games so they still have a bit of a ways to go before the playoffs roll around.

Not a Hylton fan at all but they should roll the rest of the way. Too much talent there. Woodbridge could give them a run but it would be in a shoot out. Freedom and Potomac are back to being Freedom and Potomac. Forest Park has the offense moving under good conditions (not like Friday night in the rain) but when they face a good D (Battlefield) they are shut down and their Defense isn't good enough to stop a average offense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT