ADVERTISEMENT

804 Football

BoKnowsSports

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 19, 2021
Is legit man. Dinwiddie’s game wasn’t as close as the 17 point win indicates. 5-5 Hanover gave 10-0 King George all they could handle.

Reactions: General172011
Yes sir, football is alive and well in the 8O4. The area surely has some good football teams who are consistent winners. I think the Class 6 Region A (top four four seeds) and Class 4 Region B (3-4 top four seeds) are indictive of your point @BoKnowsSports. Hopewell and TJ could potentially represent in Class 3 as well and someone will stand up and be recognized in Class 5.

The 804 teams will have some tough games going forward that could potentially lead to head to head matchups with really good 757 teams Maury (5) Phoebus (4), and Lafayette (3) . Don't forget the 540's, Stone Bridge and King George will also have something to say about the 804's road to several state finals.

Is legit man. Dinwiddie’s game wasn’t as close as the 17 point win indicates. 5-5 Hanover gave 10-0 King George all they could handle.
I said it on a podcast earlier this week that while we don't have a true dominant team, no disrespect to TJ or Dale but I felt this was the best collection of playoff teams we have had in some time.

Hanover also made me look like a genius because I labeled that a possible upset.

804 is definitely way more competitive and who ever comes out of B will be beyond battle tested before coming to Darling. Transfer portal has weakened the 757 tremendously with basically 4 super teams with all Hampton talent at Phoebus, all NN at Warwick, all Va Beach at Green Run, and all Norfolk, Portsmouth and in between at Maury. Only cities out here that have talent spread out between different schools are the Chesapeake/Suffolk schools.

I said it on a podcast earlier this week that while we don't have a true dominant team, no disrespect to TJ or Dale but I felt this was the best collection of playoff teams we have had in some time.

Hanover also made me look like a genius because I labeled that a possible upset.
You can tell in EV & King George play that the weaker district affects them during this time. Hanover has seen Varina, Freeman, HS already so playing a good team like KG isn’t anything new. I thought EV had a good team but they were extremely unprepared to face a team of Dinwiddie’s caliber. I thought their kids played hard but their playcalling did them no favors.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT