ADVERTISEMENT

$9 wasted

BoKnowsSports

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 19, 2021
Went to watch PH/Herm tonight. PH’s coaching staff owes everyone in attendance $9. I’ve never seen a team so lethargic and play with no intensity. Could be a very good team. Hats off to Herm on a big win. Every week is a playoff game for them in the very tight 5C Region. Definitely a team that makes the right plays at the right time.

Reactions: Senex
Wow, I thought PH-Ashland was going to be decent. That's and 0-4 start and they still have Hanover, Thomas Dale, and Varina as likely losses. They are toast regarding the playoffs. Playing for pride now. That's a shame. I like that program.

Navy, PH has some really talented players. Their defense is stout. #1 (don’t have his last name, maybe @Senex knows but he’s their best player), 7 Jeremiah Grant and #11 Nehemiah Allen (BIG TIME FRESHMAN) are all really good players. Game changers that will play on Saturdays. Their QB play left a lot to be desired. They’d have Herm on their heels and they’d either slow the tempo down or turn the ball over. Should’ve won. I saw no urgency or fight. I was shocked too as I think a lot of PH’s program. Definitely the best 0-4 team in VA.

#1 is Devin Roose (dad is the strength coach for VCU Basketball). PH has a lot of talent on their roster but turnovers and abysmal play calling have ruined their season. Believe it or not, the last two seasons they have had above average talent for a PH team and yet they have wasted it. Ray Long would have this same group competing for a state title. It is my understanding that coach Wakefield has taken to calling everything the last two years (JV and Varsity) and they have stunk it up on offense under his reign. I know they had some decent teams in '19 and '21, but it is starting to look like an amazing amount of talent covered up terrible coaching. Last year they had two of the best coaches in the area with Strine (former Godwin HC) and Web (former OC or DC at Louisa). If they are still around and are not calling the offense then that is a major concern and could be a reason they are so bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoKnowsSports
#1 is Devin Roose (dad is the strength coach for VCU Basketball). PH has a lot of talent on their roster but turnovers and abysmal play calling have ruined their season. Believe it or not, the last two seasons they have had above average talent for a PH team and yet they have wasted it. Ray Long would have this same group competing for a state title. It is my understanding that coach Wakefield has taken to calling everything the last two years (JV and Varsity) and they have stunk it up on offense under his reign. I know they had some decent teams in '19 and '21, but it is starting to look like an amazing amount of talent covered up terrible coaching. Last year they had two of the best coaches in the area with Strine (former Godwin HC) and Web (former OC or DC at Louisa). If they are still around and are not calling the offense then that is a major concern and could be a reason they are so bad.
Is Coach Long still alive? I know one of his best assistants, Jim Cobb died a few years back.

@BoKnowsSports, did you see that Woodgrove lost again. They are 0-3 and I had them and John Champe as a major players in region C. Looks like Tusky and Loudon County may be the front runners up there. @wolverinedad2018, what's your take on your neck of the woods?
Woodgrove has been very disappointing so far. I'm sure the kids are doing their best but was expecting more offense. Since 2018 they just don't seem to bring the talent in that they once did. I say it's between Tusky and Champe. County has an outside shot. I thought Region C had no front runner or great team but would be strong across the board. Right now it seems like the weakest region all around. I think a lot of parents up here in Loudoun County stopped letting their kids play football with all the concussion talk. Go back to 2018 Broad Run, Tuscarora, Woodgrove, John Champe and Loudoun County were all strong programs. It just fizzled out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT