ADVERTISEMENT

Abingdon vs LCA

Fairlawncat

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 24, 2018
LCA the favorite, but Calpreps has this at 41-19 in favor of LCA. Lord Botty was a much improved team late in the season getting back players from injury and Covid, but Abingdon handled them pretty good. I'm not going to be surprised if this game is closer in score than the state title game. This one might be closer than many out East think.

Calpreps Predictions for the Final Four teams if they played today
LCA 41, Abingdon 19
LCA 48, Brentsville District 7
LCA 31, Phoebus 21
Abingdon 35, Brentsville District 17
Phoebus 31, Abingdon 21

Last edited:
its hard to play private schools that can recruit and choose the players they want on the field, LCA should have never been allowed to play in VHSL but we all know the VHSL doesn't care, money is their only driving force and they aint going to spend it to fight for fairness for the kids

its hard to play private schools that can recruit and choose the players they want on the field, LCA should have never been allowed to play in VHSL but we all know the VHSL doesn't care, money is their only driving force and they aint going to spend it to fight for fairness for the kids
That is the most accurate post I have read on here in quite some time. It’s a shame not all of these teams are playing by the same rules. Makes me wonder who the division 3 champ would be out of the teams that are playing by the rules?

Gonna be tough for Abingdon. The 3 or 4 games ive watched they have given up some big chunks on the ground. LB was running off LG all night for 20 yds a pop. But if they can have some successful long drives and slow the game down i think they have a shot.

That is the most accurate post I have read on here in quite some time. It’s a shame not all of these teams are playing by the same rules. Makes me wonder who the division 3 champ would be out of the teams that are playing by the rules?
this past spring abingdon's baseball team played in state championship game against a 5A school, the VHSL would not fix a error that they caused because it would cost them. Independence enrollment numbers were no where near what they reported as a new school that the VHSL had to place in the appropriate classification. thus a 5A school won the 3A state baseball class

Phoebus, and it probably wouldn't be close.

Reactions: PHSBlue&Gold
this past spring abingdon's baseball team played in state championship game against a 5A school, the VHSL would not fix a error that they caused because it would cost them. Independence enrollment numbers were no where near what they reported as a new school that the VHSL had to place in the appropriate classification. thus a 5A school won the 3A state baseball class
Yes, Lafayette played Independence last spring in football in the semi final for 3A. Lafayette won but a tough game as they were really a 5A team. They were loaded.

Interesting quote from the Bristol Herald Courier...

"Abingdon (12-1) at Liberty Christian Academy (12-0): In the 2021 calendar year, Abingdon has beaten LCA in the boys basketball state semifinals (55-53), state baseball semifinals (4-3) and will now clash with the Bulldogs in football. Jack Ferguson has been a member of all three squads for AHS."

I know LCA has a few guys that were on those Basketball and Baseball teams from the Spring. Pretty cool story line.

Reactions: lyhsports
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT