ADVERTISEMENT

Alex Ramsey receives full scholarship to VMI!

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
I just saw this on Facebook, congratulations to Alex! He joins Cody Peregoy-DE, Austin Coulling-QB, Isaiah Parker-WR, and Tyler Fedison-LB from last year's Spartans squad. I'm not sure if Alex will be used on the offensive or defensive side of the ball. Last year VMI was 2-9, I think, and traditionally they have not done well, but maybe with the coach that started last year and these 5 successful players they can turn the Keydets' fortunes around.

I just saw this on Facebook, congratulations to Alex! He joins Cody Peregoy-DE, Austin Coulling-QB, Isaiah Parker-WR, and Tyler Fedison-LB from last year's Spartans squad. I'm not sure if Alex will be used on the offensive or defensive side of the ball. Last year VMI was 2-9, I think, and traditionally they have not done well, but maybe with the coach that started last year and these 5 successful players they can turn the Keydets' fortunes around.
Maybe and good for Alex. He was a fine HS player.

But the bottom line is, no one wants to go to VMI. That's why it's so hard for them to get good players. You can get a good education there and that's the important thing. There are a number of notable VMI graduates. BUt the football program is what it is. Scrapings from the bottom of the barrel. Kids no other DIs wanted. That's why they get kids so late in the recruiting process when everyone else is done by September.

Work and dedication can work is HS and they carry through as lifetime traits. Very important. But it's special talent that flys at the next level of Football. VMI will continue to underachieve in any foreseeable future. They just can't get the kids.

But best wishes to Alex. The education can be free for a bit and he can have some fun. Can't ask for more than that as a young man. Stay focused and don't ever let a woman influence your decisions at this time of your life.

It's not about talent level, it's about the off-field commitments kids must make. Why do you think VT, formerly requiring a 4 year(then 2 year) stint in the Corps of Cadets magically happened to improve in sports the second that requirement went away? Why do you think service academies struggle to consistently field quality teams anything approaching the level of play of a P5 school on average? It's an enormous thing you're asking of an 18 year old, to go to class and play a sport and have the military extracurricular to boot as well as the insanely high standards these military academies hold themselves to each day. These schools don't give a damn what the records are, they use sports to continue and mold their members in the way they see fit.

Really, why do you care that VMI doesn't win a lot of games? You think these kids don't know that going in or something?

Reactions: falcettik
It's not about talent level, it's about the off-field commitments kids must make. Why do you think VT, formerly requiring a 4 year(then 2 year) stint in the Corps of Cadets magically happened to improve in sports the second that requirement went away? Why do you think service academies struggle to consistently field quality teams anything approaching the level of play of a P5 school on average? It's an enormous thing you're asking of an 18 year old, to go to class and play a sport and have the military extracurricular to boot as well as the insanely high standards these military academies hold themselves to each day. These schools don't give a damn what the records are, they use sports to continue and mold their members in the way they see fit.

Really, why do you care that VMI doesn't win a lot of games? You think these kids don't know that going in or something?
Would you please mind reposting your input with some kind of coherency. I can't really reply otherwise.

Maybe and good for Alex. He was a fine HS player.

But the bottom line is, no one wants to go to VMI. That's why it's so hard for them to get good players. You can get a good education there and that's the important thing. There are a number of notable VMI graduates. BUt the football program is what it is. Scrapings from the bottom of the barrel. Kids no other DIs wanted. That's why they get kids so late in the recruiting process when everyone else is done by September.

Work and dedication can work is HS and they carry through as lifetime traits. Very important. But it's special talent that flys at the next level of Football. VMI will continue to underachieve in any foreseeable future. They just can't get the kids.

But best wishes to Alex. The education can be free for a bit and he can have some fun. Can't ask for more than that as a young man. Stay focused and don't ever let a woman influence your decisions at this time of your life.
Here's a thought Shauntclair, can't we just say congratulations and leave it at that. I know VMI is not Alabama or even Virginia Tech, but he busted his butt on the field and he qualified academically to a 4 year school that will give him a chance to improve himself.

Here's a thought Shauntclair, can't we just say congratulations and leave it at that. I know VMI is not Alabama or even Virginia Tech, but he busted his butt on the field and he qualified academically to a 4 year school that will give him a chance to improve himself.
Congratulations.

Reactions: mike salem
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT