ADVERTISEMENT

All quiet on the Giles Front

you are 4A though? We nothing but a 2A school.....your backups suppose to be able to beat us down. your school population is 1500 and ours is 700.
Appo had a special team last year no doubt.In a perfect world a 4a team should beat a 2a team but Appo was better.I was at the fields last year with my team when Appo football team would come there to practice.Every player was considerate and very nice from what I seen.I was also at the Amherst game last week and was sitting beside 4 Appo people who was also very likeable.I'm just glad success hasn't gotten in there way like some people.Being a Amherst fan trust me when I say it won't last forever.

@AdvocateOfMany434 I have no clue what last years Appomattox team would have done against every Wing team in the state. Maybe they would have beaten them all, maybe they would have beaten most of them, maybe they wouldn't. The point I was making is that there is a difference between teams (this team vs that team.) Courtland vs Amherst, Centreville vs Buffalo Gap, Riverheads vs. Clarke, they are all different and just because you beat one, 2 of them doesn't definitively mean you can beat them all. Doesn't mean you cannot either. But I can guarantee you that beating one doesn't mean beat all. And I would certainly not take the opinion that by us doing something means we can do everything. Never know what can happen on the football field.

I did a bit of research just now for you. The final state rankings on Max Preps for 2015. There is atleast one Wing team ranked ahead of Appo. That doesn't mean they couldn't beat them. The one that jumps out to me is Appo was #15 at 15-0, #20 was Courtland was at 11-3. That shows how good they were to have 3 losses and still be #20. Still doesn't mean Appo couldn't have beaten them, but it probably means they are a lot better team than anyone Appo played

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
I think Appo has a good coaching staff that will keep them competitive even once the current crop of talent graduates. The notion that Appo has found the silver bullet to the wing style offenses though is absurd. Appo has my vote for a repeat this year, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a wing-T champ next year.

I think the Graham game is all that stands in their way of 10-0. Could be a lot like last year where 10-0 won't get you the top seed. I think Appo, even if they go 9-1 with a loss to Amherst, will be the 1 seed. Everyone else is fighting for 2nd.
Not saying Galax will beat Giles but they usually give them a game.

Doesn't Auburn Tigers (SEC) and Gus Malzhain run mainly principles of the wing T the past 5-6 years including a national title run?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT