ADVERTISEMENT

All Region Teams

Anyone know where all the teams are listed? I've looked for the 4c teams but couldn't find them.

I can't help but to think this list may look a little different if Louisa and EV played on dry grass / turf.

Brown should’ve been the DPOY. How did the Williams kid from Louisa not get 1st or 2nd? Weird voting

You don't think Brandon Smith was the best defensive player in the region?

I agree with you that Williams not being in the top 6 vote getters on DL is surprising.

You don't think Brandon Smith was the best defensive player in the region?

I agree with you that Williams not being in the top 6 vote getters on DL is surprising.
He’s the biggest name but not the best player. Not going to publicly hate on a kid. I thought Brown was better on a better team and had a better year and clearly outplayed him in their head to head

Reactions: OCBoy
He’s the biggest name but not the best player. Not going to publicly hate on a kid. I thought Brown was better on a better team and had a better year and clearly outplayed him in their head to head

Fair enough. Brown is certainly a great high school LB. What's his college prospects looking like? Glad we won't have see him on the field next year.

@Bcope83, I have seen both Smith and Brown up close. Brown is a very good linebacker and a heavy hitter, but he is not better than Smith. Mr. Smith is a freak on the field and his upside is unbelievable. His length, speed, strength and nose for the ball are a rarity at this level. His only weakness right now is his occassional missed angle to the ball, but he will learn to slow things down. We have been fortunate to have some great linebackers in class 4 recently: pope, rivers, dorsey, fox, and patterson to name a few, but Smith in my opinion is the best of them all.

I may be biased and again I am not degrading anyone, but Peety Pope who may be one of the most elusive runners in class 4 played against both. Smith shut him down without a spy when Pope was totally healthy. Brown had help and he struggled to contain Pope with a jacked up ankle.

No shame in Brown's game and the kid should hold his head high. The high school and college coaches have spoken Smith is just better.

I'd bet any of the players on the list would choose wins over accolades / opinion awards. What I saw is the LB from Louisa has the highest ceiling and projects to be able to handle the competition at the D1 level. At the same time I wouldn't be surprised at all to see someone on the list continue to develop and play on Sundays. Happens all the time. Good luck to these kids!

@Bcope83, I have seen both Smith and Brown up close. Brown is a very good linebacker and a heavy hitter, but he is not better than Smith. Mr. Smith is a freak on the field and his upside is unbelievable. His length, speed, strength and nose for the ball are a rarity at this level. His only weakness right now is his occassional missed angle to the ball, but he will learn to slow things down. We have been fortunate to have some great linebackers in class 4 recently: pope, rivers, dorsey, fox, and patterson to name a few, but Smith in my opinion is the best of them all.

I may be biased and again I am not degrading anyone, but Peety Pope who may be one of the most elusive runners in class 4 played against both. Smith shut him down without a spy when Pope was totally healthy. Brown had help and he struggled to contain Pope with a jacked up ankle.

No shame in Brown's game and the kid should hold his head high. The high school and college coaches have spoken Smith is just better.
Smith is the D1 prospect which is everhthing you just named. Bigger faster etc. Brown is the better football player. Had a better year and outplayed Smith in the head to head. I’m not going to sit here and say the negatives of a kid. I hope he’s awesome and makes it to the NFL. Brown is the better football player right now.

Smith is the D1 prospect which is everhthing you just named. Bigger faster etc. Brown is the better football player. Had a better year and outplayed Smith in the head to head. I’m not going to sit here and say the negatives of a kid. I hope he’s awesome and makes it to the NFL. Brown is the better football player right now.
I will respectfully disagree, but I hear you. Don't think I would say Brown outplayed Smith head-to-head. They both played great. Heck, Smith even played QB at the end of the first half, and EV is probably lucky they didn't use him at QB in the 2nd half. Sideline to sideline, I don't think there's much doubt who's better. If you're picking teams and it's your turn to pick between those 2, I think you gotta pick Smith. No doubt Brown is top-notch though.

Reactions: loyal2thesoil

@Bcope83, I will respect your opinion. You have obviously seen Brown play a lot more than I have. Smith was named the Virginia Gatorade Player of the Year. Only the second Central Virginia player to receive the award. The only other recipient was Howie Long. Mighty good company for Brandon Smith. Congratulations to him.

I would like to also say that Matt Lowry is a very well deserving athlete and quarterback. Its a shame they couldn't have named Pope and Lowry co-offensive players of the year. Heck, Hunter from Louisa and Snyder from Monacan had great years too. The fans in Region B have been fortunate the past few seasons. The top level talent and teams are so much fun to watch. Hope we can keep it going.

If Smith had chosen Ohio State we could have enjoyed watching three Virginia studs (Mitchell, Pope and Smith) start at linebacker for the Buckeyes next year. Oh well Brandon made a great choice in Penn State. Franklin is a good coach.

Reactions: Louisadad
If Smith had chosen Ohio State we could have enjoyed watching three Virginia studs (Mitchell, Pope and Smith) start at linebacker for the Buckeyes next year. Oh well Brandon made a great choice in Penn State. Franklin is a good coach.
I don't follow OSU. Is Pope picked to be a starter?

I don't follow OSU. Is Pope picked to be a starter?
I think he and Mitchell have a good shot. Neither took a redshirt year and Pope played a ton on special teams. They get top 10 players every year, so you never know. Was just saying.....

I think he and Mitchell have a good shot. Neither took a redshirt year and Pope played a ton on special teams. They get top 10 players every year, so you never know. Was just saying.....
Amazing how crazy-good some of these guys are. Pope was the best LB I've seen play in high school

Mitchell played a bunch of special teams too. What number is Pope wearing?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT