ADVERTISEMENT

All-Seminole District football teams

lyhsports

VaPreps Honorable Mention
May 17, 2017
Lynchburg, Va
http://www.newsadvance.com/sports/h...cle_a5f076e4-f837-54d9-87bc-8f94aa56b2a9.html

Congratulations to Thomas Patterson for getting Defensive Player of the Year! Congrats to the seniors(Sackett Wood, Tre Alexander, Chance Brown, Malik Andrews) who received honors as well. They have worked their tails off to get ECG Football to this point. Biggest snub was Marcus Berger. He was in my opinion the most improved player in the District at linebacker and punter. He was probably the 4th linbacker for Glass, but could've easily started at another school.

There are a few seniors from Glass on here, which is expected, but there is a good amount of Sophomores and Juniors on this list. The future is bright for EC Glass!

DreSean Kendrick(So) 1st Team All Purpose Back
Jadan Merriman(So) 1st Team DE
Holden Fretz(So) 2nd Team DT
Ty Foster(So) HM RB

Jacori Kittrell(Jr) 1st team on both sides of the ball(Guard and DT)
Jairelle Reeves(Jr) 1st Team SS

Congrats to all other players and teams! Seminole was rocking! Good luck to the remaining teams in the playoffs!

Last edited:
Congrats to each player. Just reviewing it quickly I would say Carper from Liberty is by far the biggest snub. I would say he should be at least a 2nd team RB. I can think of another that should be way, way higher than they have him.

Congrats to each player. Just reviewing it quickly I would say Carper from Liberty is by far the biggest snub. I would say he should be at least a 2nd team RB. I can think of another that should be way, way higher than they have him.

Do you mean Carson? If so, I agree. Even an Honorable Mention would've been fine for him.

Reactions: padlevel
Do you mean Carson? If so, I agree. Even an Honorable Mention would've been fine for him.
I hate to bring any negative to any player, so I will just say that there are some names that are missing that should have been added, and there are some that are listed way, way to low.

Reactions: lyhsports
You guys understand that the head coaches of the district teams vote on these lists, right? And they only vote on the players nominated by the players head coach AND for where they are recommended by their head coach? So while it may appear as a "snub", it really could be that a players own coach didn't nominate him for that position or only recommended he be 2nd team or HM. The kid from Liberty was the best player on their team but, no offense, he was not a better RB than Davis from Heritage, Cupit, Blake, or Hackworth from JF, Johnson or Tucker from Rustburg, Foster from Glass, or Ross from Amherst.

Reactions: lyhsports
This is an interesting discussion. I texted a head coach this morning about it. He stated for the most part the team is pretty close, but he was “saddened and disappointed” that one player specifically was not listed a lot higher. He mentioned that win/loss records of teams are a prevailing factor and players are judged on the team success. In respect to the young man from Bedford...it is not justified to not have him featured in some capacity. @VolNation85 the running backs you have listed are all very good, but at least one was not on a team at the end of the season.

In my opinion the all district team was fairly accurate. The O-line/D-line from Liberty Brandon Ruff not making 1st team was a bigger miss. Ruff was by far the best player on that team and should have been 1st team. Every year a few players get more attention than they deserve and a few players get over looked. I also know there is a lot of thought and discussion put into these teams and think the coaches do a great job. Marcus was a miss because if you asked the coaching staff at Glass who there most important player was they would all say Marcus. The good news is Marcus understands how much he means to Glass. And to Marcus that is the only thing that matters. He is a remarkable young man.

Who is #10 for Glass? Seen a few games in the last 2 years. I am always watching closely but how did i miss a big tall WR like him..was he on last years team?

Transfer student that had never played football. He has always played basketball. Will be a real good player next year once he learns the game.

This is an interesting discussion. I texted a head coach this morning about it. He stated for the most part the team is pretty close, but he was “saddened and disappointed” that one player specifically was not listed a lot higher. He mentioned that win/loss records of teams are a prevailing factor and players are judged on the team success. In respect to the young man from Bedford...it is not justified to not have him featured in some capacity. @VolNation85 the running backs you have listed are all very good, but at least one was not on a team at the end of the season.
I am familiar with that "one" you are referring to and that situation, however, the voting was conducted before he was no longer on the team.

I am familiar with that "one" you are referring to and that situation, however, the voting was conducted before he was no longer on the team.
I think he was trying to be nice. There were two you have listed that were not on the roster at the end of the season, and one was removed around midseason

Last edited:
I think he was trying to be nice. There were at two you have listed that were not on the roster at the end of the season, and one was removed around midseason
True but, the one that was removed during mid-season didn't receive any recognition either. He wasn't selected to any of the district teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT