ADVERTISEMENT

Amherst Coach

Christmas did a great job fundraising for and he continued to do so even after the weight room. I know how much and what it was used for, trust me it all went to the team
I am not saying what was fundraised did not go to the team. I am simply stating that when a coach chooses to only fundraise through his daughters company people will start to wonder why. Also I have heard from many in the area that he did get a kick back from the company and tried to get other schools to join in with the fundraiser. I even sat and watched the presentation at a local high school years back.

I am not saying what was fundraised did not go to the team. I am simply stating that when a coach chooses to only fundraise through his daughters company people will start to wonder why. Also I have heard from many in the area that he did get a kick back from the company and tried to get other schools to join in with the fundraiser. I even sat and watched the presentation at a local high school years back.
You can keep having this convo to yourself all you’d like - you’re grasping at straws. You said he got kickbacks from fundraisers he had his players do and that is categorically untrue.

Reactions: Lineheart
You can keep having this convo to yourself all you’d like - you’re grasping at straws. You said he got kickbacks from fundraisers he had his players do and that is categorically untrue.
Ok bud well leave it at that. You don't know me and I don't know you but believe me I know more than you think and have deeper connections than you may think. Have a good one.

Come on guys spit it out. I think the coach is coming from southeast of Amherst and east of Lynchburg. I am right?

Reactions: VolNation85
Come on @wikki give an acquiring mind a break. This has drug on long enough. Do I have to get down on my knees and beg. At least give us a hint small hint........
house rules mystery GIF by Channel 7

OH NO!!!!!!!!

I heard they hired Bleeding Navy.

But don’t worry, he will never find the stadium.

I’ve been letting him navigate when we go to away games for years. We were once supposed to go to Chilhowie. I started getting a little worried when he had me pulling down a boat ramp in Poquoson.

And then there was the time we were coming back from a game in Northern VA. He said “quick, turn right here”! We ended up at a place that looked like somewhere that the mafia would take you to snuff you out! I expected Guido to step out at any moment.

In all seriousness, I hope your new coach will embrace the fan support that Amherst has. If he can coach, and with what the supporters can do to help, and with the facilities in place, it could be one of the premier programs in all of Virginia.

OH NO!!!!!!!!

I’ve been letting him navigate when we go to away games for years. We were once supposed to go to Chilhowie. I started getting a little worried when he had me pulling down a boat ramp in Poquoson.

And then there was the time we were coming back from a game in Northern VA. He said “quick, turn right here”! We ended up at a place that looked like somewhere that the mafia would take you to snuff you out! I expected Guido to step out at any moment.

In all seriousness, I hope your new coach will embrace the fan support that Amherst has. If he can coach, and with what the supporters can do to help, and with the facilities in place, it could be one of the premier programs in all of Virginia.
That’s one thing Amherst has is great fan support.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
OH NO!!!!!!!!

Just can’t make too many changes too soon.

That’s one thing Amherst has is great fan support.
Wikki, I'm sure that there have been times where support is better than others, but ya'lls stands are some of the most brutal I've ever heard. I went to probably 5-10 games when Philips was in charge, 2 when Crews was in charge, and 5-10 when Christmas was in charge. I walked away stunned by some of the coach and occasional player bashing I heard. Again, things change and maybe I only heard a small section but I specifically remember fans singing praises to start the game and calling for coaches to be fired by the end - you might expect that in college or pros but I was honestly surprised to hear that at a high school game. I'm not trying to ruffle your feathers and I know you're gunna hate to hear me say this but I've heard way better support when team is struggling at Heritage/Glass/Rustburg games than I heard at Amherst games.

Wikki, I'm sure that there have been times where support is better than others, but ya'lls stands are some of the most brutal I've ever heard. I went to probably 5-10 games when Philips was in charge, 2 when Crews was in charge, and 5-10 when Christmas was in charge. I walked away stunned by some of the coach and occasional player bashing I heard. Again, things change and maybe I only heard a small section but I specifically remember fans singing praises to start the game and calling for coaches to be fired by the end - you might expect that in college or pros but I was honestly surprised to hear that at a high school game. I'm not trying to ruffle your feathers and I know you're gunna hate to hear me say this but I've heard way better support when team is struggling at Heritage/Glass/Rustburg games than I heard at Amherst games.
Oh sure there are always those that act like that and I can probably tell you who they are. Yes it is a small section of people. Some of that crowd doesn’t even come to the games anymore. Do most of the Amherst fans like those fans, no. They have been called out before and asked to leave. I will stick to my post and still say they have the best fan support. Those teams you mentioned even when winnng have less fans at their games. Just because you don’t hear it doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. I’ve heard much worse at a couple of those schools you mentioned and one you didn’t mention. At one game we had opposing fans come over and taunt our fans and cheerleaders that they were asked to go back over on their side, like I said because you don’t see or hear it doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen. I posted a positive post from someone else’s post and it has to turn negative.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Everybody has “Boo Birds”….everybody…they just come out more when things aren't going well.
Amen! Dinwiddie has extremely intelligent and supportive fans; however, there are a few who still think they can coach better than Billy Mills. The man has an .800 + winning percentage at Dinwiddie and people still yell out stupid stuff. I have even done it myself. What I have never heard is someone trashing a kid. You have to over look those people and as @wikki said if they are going after a player or an opposing team have them removed. There is no place in HS sports for that.

Funny story. Coach Mills once told me he would like to do a very creative fundraiser and charge one of the fans who liked calling plays from the stands $1,000.00 to call plays in the last two minutes of close game. I laughed and thought "I would pee myself and look like a fool". I haven't said a word aloud about play calling since. Facts!

Amen! Dinwiddie has extremely intelligent and supportive fans; however, there are a few who still think they can coach better than Billy Mills. The man has an .800 + winning percentage at Dinwiddie and people still yell out stupid stuff. I have even done it myself. What I have never heard is someone trashing a kid. You have to over look those people and as @wikki said if they are going after a player or an opposing team have them removed. There is no place in HS sports for that.

Funny story. Coach Mills once told me he would like to do a very creative fundraiser and charge one of the fans who liked calling plays from the stands $1,000.00 to call plays in the last two minutes of close game. I laughed and thought "I would pee myself and look like a fool". I haven't said a word aloud about play calling since. Facts!
It happens everywhere all the time. Yes and ban the fans that can’t behave and we have. I’ve been to away games that we have had to get the administrators to have the opposing fans asked to return to their side of the stadium. We had a mascot from a Seminole team come up in our stands and start a fight with fans. He was removed for the rest of the game. I could go on with many more. One school is no worse than another.

Oh sure there are always those that act like that and I can probably tell you who they are. Yes it is a small section of people. Some of that crowd doesn’t even come to the games anymore. Do most of the Amherst fans like those fans, no. They have been called out before and asked to leave. I will stick to my post and still say they have the best fan support. Those teams you mentioned even when winnng have less fans at their games. Just because you don’t hear it doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. I’ve heard much worse at a couple of those schools you mentioned and one you didn’t mention. At one game we had opposing fans come over and taunt our fans and cheerleaders that they were asked to go back over on their side, like I said because you don’t see or hear it doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen. I posted a positive post from someone else’s post and it has to turn negative.
Come on now I’ve seen you “turn negative” tons of posts Glass/Heritage fans have made in reference to their fan support. And being negative wasn’t my intent, just telling you my experience. Even made the caveat times change and maybe it was only a section. But again, you criticize Glass/heritage fan base in perpetuity, not sure it’s entirely fair for you to call foul the first time someone has a criticism of your fan base.

Reactions: VolNation85
Come on now I’ve seen you “turn negative” tons of posts Glass/Heritage fans have made in reference to their fan support. And being negative wasn’t my intent, just telling you my experience. Even made the caveat times change and maybe it was only a section. But again, you criticize Glass/heritage fan base in perpetuity, not sure it’s entirely fair for you to call foul the first time someone has a criticism of your fan base.
I did say their attendance was low and it is especially for great seasons even for state games. You also missed my point about my post. I will stick to my original post and leave it at that.

Last edited:
Don’t do it, this thread will get deleted.

I was in the stands for our first game after we won the championship in 2013. We were playing Monacan. One of the more vocal regular fans was giving Coach Mills hell about his play calling. I told him, in a lighthearted way that I guess he forgot everything he knew about football over the summer. He laughed and smiled and said oh heck no, he is a great coach, but this is just what we do.

And yes mbonape1, I know Monacan won the game!🤬

Last edited:
Reactions: wikki
The good thing is most of those fans is gone now.... We can let Appo worried about that stuff now since they transferred recent...Future is bright

Reactions: wikki
Anybody have more detail about the announcement, supposedly it was today @3. They didn’t have school though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT