ADVERTISEMENT

Amherst crowd

Aug 11, 2018
Maybe 100 Amherst fans here tonight! I guess everyone decided to go to the glass heritage game!

Maybe 100 Amherst fans here tonight! I guess everyone decided to go to the glass heritage game!
I didn’t make it to any game. A few fans had their trick or treating tonight at their house. Sad but it is what it is. Their games are not even close. Very very young team. We can only wait and see next year.

Eh, I mean it was 40 degrees in Salem by kickoff and we were in the 70s yesterday. Bad time for the first really cold day of the year to come in, probably kept a lot of people away from most any game in the area.

The cold didn’t keep anyone from city stadium tonight. I know quite a few lancer fans who went there tonight instead. And as far as being a young team that may be so but we have been outscored I believe 190 some points to 26 points over the last 4 weeks.

Reactions: lyhsports
The cold didn’t keep anyone from city stadium tonight. I know quite a few lancer fans who went there tonight instead. And as far as being a young team that may be so but we have been outscored I believe 190 some points to 26 points over the last 4 weeks.
I seen a few Amherst people

I know several fans did. Can’t really blame them it was a great game.

City Stadium was no where near as crowded as it should have been

Reactions: OldSchoolRaider
Why do you care so much about the attendance... At Glass... At Heritage?? Does it really matter lol?!?
Who knows why they care so much. I don’t care how many people are at the glass or heritage games they are two very well coached very disciplined teams something we haven’t had in Amherst in years. Doesn’t look like we will have it anytime in the near future either.

Who knows why they care so much. I don’t care how many people are at the glass or heritage games they are two very well coached very disciplined teams something we haven’t had in Amherst in years. Doesn’t look like we will have it anytime in the near future either.
@wikki

Lol and how “crowded should it have been?”
The estimated population of Lynchburg in 2017 was 80,955, so at least 100,000.
Lol and how “crowded should it have been?”
There is no pleasing Wiki, which just proves she is a troll. City Stadium holds 10,000. It was at least 70 percent full. So there were about 7,000 people there. She can't brag about her team so she has to make up for it by tearing others down. Now can everyone please stop feeding the troll.

There is no pleasing Wiki, which just proves she is a troll. City Stadium holds 10,000. It was at least 70 percent full. So there were about 7,000 people there. She can't brag about her team so she has to make up for it by tearing others down. Now can everyone please stop feeding the troll.
I couldn’t care less what you think about me. I was stating about the crowd because someone said to would be staying room only. It was no where near packed as stated even with two rivalry state schools. No big deal to me at all. I’ve been on this page for many years and will continue to be. If I’m a troll, lol. You must be as well. I thought this page was about posting opinions. It wasn’t negative just stating a fact. Smh

You know who else went 1-9 their first year at a rebuild? Jeff Woody. They got blown out plenty of times as well. And of course, look where Glass is now. Truth be told I don’t know if Amherst people truly understand just how low they had let their program sink. There are 7 seniors on their team, and half of those play. 9 sophomores start and 9 juniors. And of the 22 starters, 3 were starters last year and only a couple more saw ANY significant field time. If they have another losing season next year then you can take a trip to negative town, but in the mean time all this extremely young team needs is support from what should be a consistent fan base that understands just how bad things had gotten the last couple years.

The threads focused on demeaning crowd size are just silly. It's all relative to the size of the stadium and success, or lack thereof, of the teams involved. Focus on the actual football.
But it’s okay for name calling? It’s okay for someone to talk about Amherst crowd size? Don’t worry! I’m done

But it’s okay for name calling? It’s okay for someone to talk about Amherst crowd size? Don’t worry! I’m done
Wikki, an Amherst fan actually brought up crowd size for Amherst. Let’s just do as Mike asked and keep it football. We all get it, times are changing for some programs in regards to attendance. My team suffers from it too but what can we do? Can’t force people to show up, I wish we could. Let’s just drop it and enjoy the last few weeks of the season we have.

Wikki is definitely not a troll. She is a good person and has been a member for a lot longer than most. She's entitled to an opinion just as we all are. The crowd size subject has had a couple of posts lately. Some posts were negative towards Heritage, Glass, and Amherst crowds. In general I think a lot of communities are noticing a decline in attendance. I think we should all stick to the adage if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. That goes for us all and it relates to crowd size, the way we address other posters, and just life in general. The number of people at a game is irrelevant to the football being played on the field. We had a great game between two great teams. Let's focus on that. Thank you.

The reason crowd sizes keep coming up is because any other school in Seminole would be standing room only. If they had the teams that glass or heritage have last couple years. So they just find it odd when theres not a packed house.

Reactions: rainman17
The reason crowd sizes keep coming up is because any other school in Seminole would be standing room only. If they had the teams that glass or heritage have last couple years. So they just find it odd when theres not a packed house.
Again, Glass and Heritage play in a stadium that holds 9,000-10,000 so it will never appear to be packed except for when they play each other.

If Glass and Heritage played at any other Stadium in the Seminole it would have been a packed house. There was a good football game last night in Lynchburg. Some people chose to attend, others didn't. End of story.

Wikki is definitely not a troll. She is a good person and has been a member for a lot longer than most. She's entitled to an opinion just as we all are. The crowd size subject has had a couple of posts lately. Some posts were negative towards Heritage, Glass, and Amherst crowds. In general I think a lot of communities are noticing a decline in attendance. I think we should all stick to the adage if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. That goes for us all and it relates to crowd size, the way we address other posters, and just life in general. The number of people at a game is irrelevant to the football being played on the field. We had a great game between two great teams. Let's focus on that. Thank you.
I get that you like and want to protect Wiki and I don't have any reason to believe she isn't good person. In the distant past I thought she and I got along just fine, but if you don't define what she has been doing as trolling what would you call it? This isn't a one-time thing. She has been doing it for a few years. Your post undermines your argument by saying attendance is declining in a lot of communities, but if all you read was her posts it would be exclusively a Heritage and Glass problem. I have lamented upon dwindling attendance myself and if she could comment on it once in awhile and move on I would have no quibble, but she knows it is a sore spot and relentlessly pokes at it. I remember when she mostly just bragged on her team and we had fun posting back and forth. At least I did. Now not so much. .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT