ADVERTISEMENT

Amherst/G.W. game

Aug 11, 2018
Apparently commenting was turned off on the previous thread talking about this game and I’m guessing it has to do with all the unnecessary bashing and back and forth. Just to set the record straight Amherst was holding there own throughout much of the 1st quarter, a few minutes into the second quarter is when things started to go downhill. So yes we were hanging tough but in the end we got our butts handed to us. As far as GW running up the score I felt they could have pulled starters sooner but it is what it is we can’t get better if teams go soft on us. Also I was at the gate as the players were leaving for both teams and the G.W. players showed pure class. They were patting our guys on the back shaking hands telling them good game and to keep there heads up. You would have thought it was kids who grew up together playing little league football not kids who go to school 1:45 minutes away from each other. The previous post didn’t mention the kids who play the game not one time remember they are out there busting there tails at least 5 days a week so show them some credit. CJ is looking good at qb but they have him running the ball a bit too much in my opinion number 3 who I believe is Lawrence looked good tonight #5 tyleik is also showing a lot of promise, #6 has looked good both games, number 25 I believe is Ellis looks good when they give him the ball but it looks like they are using him too block a good amount of time if that is Ellis not sure why they are going this route with him he finished the season strong last year after they put Ross at qb. On to defense obviously we allowed another 50 plus pt game we have to do better all around. When all is said and done though these kids are looking more like a team if they can play every game like they did the 1st quarter of this one we will become a problem throughout the season!

I don’t want to be the person to bring it up but reading the other thread is just disgusting. Danville and Amherst has a rich tradition in football and they both have some of my favorite posters. Let’s all get along and not throw each other under the bus.

I happened to watch a recorded broadcast after our game last night and Amherst looks like they will be the team to beat once Bob cleans some things up. The Rose kid is no different than the other Roses the Lancers had. He’s tough as nails and is a gamer. He has that “IT Factor”. GW has talent but these slow starts will hurt them when the real season starts. Though they are senior heavy, they are young in some spots and those puppies have to grow up soon. JF and Glass will both present GW’s young linebacking corps a huge challenge, but at least they will see it in the regular season so they are prepared in the playoffs. This was a real good game.

As far as score running up if you don't want that to happen then stop the offense. You can't expect a team to let off the gas. They are in a game needing game time experience. An it's all part of rivalry Amherst has pounded GW worse an will in the future. Let them have there pound of flesh.

As far as score running up if you don't want that to happen then stop the offense. You can't expect a team to let off the gas. They are in a game needing game time experience. An it's all part of rivalry Amherst has pounded GW worse an will in the future. Let them have there pound of flesh.
I'm a firm believer that the responsibility of holding the score down is on the opposing teams defense. If your defense is not up to the job, then you have problems. and if your defense lays down, then you have even bigger problems. Offenses shouldn't have to take a knee on every snap with a 30+ point lead.

I think the point of my post has been missed I wanted this thread to highlight the kids and the work they are putting in! I only highlighted points from the other post so yall could get another persons point of view from someone who was at the game without all the hate and bashing. It seems y’all wanna focus on the score and the bus ride. Once again as I said do I feel they could have pulled starters sooner yes but on the other hand should we play better defense yes. And as far as the bus ride goes I brought that up to highlight the way our players were treated by the G.W. players not to complain about how long it was.

yeah lancer they started to change your post as it is about the kids let the other stuff go guys.

It’s simple Amherst played better than expected early but once GW settled in it was the Eagles from that point forward.

Everybody on this board is a homer, not many people who are fans of every team in their area. Wikki always speaks with optimism on the lancers, sometimes her views are colored with lancer pride but that’s what it is. Lewis is a GW supporter and truth be told GW is probably the one of if not the most athletically gifted and most talented team in 4A, but that doesn’t always translate to championships. Salem has some wiggle room cause they won a few in a row. But that’s HISTORY, it’s a new season those championships aren’t going to help you win one this year, the players will have to do so in the playoffs and it’ll be a quiet offseason again if you don’t win cause y’all do more chest pounding than anyone and cloak it as humble truths. I’m not really trying to hear the we will do this cause every team is an injury away from the season being derailed ask Sherando when their qb went down.

In regards to the game Amherst lost, they will get better but they’re a year or two away from really turning some corners. GW will keep reloading as the pipeline won’t run dry but my God people it’s a message board.

Last edited:
It’s simple Amherst played better than expected early but once GW settled in it was the Eagles from that point forward.

Everybody on this board is a homer, not many people who are fans of every team in their area. Wikki always speaks with optimism on the lancers, sometimes her views are colored with lancer pride but that’s what it is. Lewis is a GW supporter and truth be told GW is probably the one of if not the athletically gifted and most talented team in 4A, but that doesn’t always translate to championships. Salem has some wiggle room cause they won a few in a row. But that’s HISTORY, it’s a new season those championships aren’t going to help you win one this year, the players will have to do so in the playoffs and it’ll be a quiet offseason again if you don’t win cause y’all do more cheat pounding than anyone and cloak it as humble truths. I’m not really trying to hear the we will do this cause every team is an injury away from the season being derailed ask Sherando when their qb went down.

In regards to the game Amherst lost, they will get better but they’re a year or two away from really turning some corners. GW will keep reloading as the pipeline won’t run dry but my God people it’s a message board.
My point exactly I wish the people on here could show the same amount of respect for each other that the players from both teams showed each other last night.

The comment on the bus ride was completely innocuous. It's a damn 82 mile trip on a bus, I just said wow that's a long ride for those kids. You're all so wound up it's hysterical.

The comment on the bus ride was completely innocuous. It's a damn 82 mile trip on a bus, I just said wow that's a long ride for those kids. You're all so wound up it's hysterical.
Lol you guys take stuff way to serious. Amherst to Danville is probably the easiest trip you can make.

As far as score goes I beat the team is pissed bout it to an they work there butt off to make sure it doesn't happen again an will also remember it next time they play GW an next year they will have a good chance to lay the wood to GW.
❄️

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT