ADVERTISEMENT

Amherst, Rustburg and Appomattox .

freeatlast2013

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Feb 23, 2013
Amherst 4a , Rustburg 3a and Appomattox 2a .
Amherst plays Rustburg this week whose only loss was early to Appomattox 17-6. The Red Devil's have won the last two by one point over Heritage and Jefferson Forest .Amherst has one loss to Brookville after their QB went down. The Lancers finish with the Raiders . These games will have big playoff implications . The Lancers have a lot of seniors and that has been a plus . Look for them to make a playoff push regardless of QB situation . Rustburg could be 3a contender and Appomattox may make it two in a row in 2a .

I think it is highly likely that Amherst loses both games.
Amherst could lose both games but I think Amherst focus is getting healthy.I don't think they care what seed they are,they just want their QB back.Rustburg is loaded and have the best athletes in the area thats coming up in the next few years.I would love to see a heavy dose of Derrick Spencer the next few games.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
Amherst could lose both games but I think Amherst focus is getting healthy.I don't think they care what seed they are,they just want their QB back.Rustburg is loaded and have the best athletes in the area thats coming up in the next few years.I would love to see a heavy dose of Derrick Spencer the next few games.
I want to see Mr. Spencer have himself a game Friday. I'm impressed with that young man.

Trust me Derrick will make an impact

Rustburg beat Heritage, Brookville and Glass. They're a serious contender in my eyes.
Amherst beat both Glass and Heritage, the Brookville game was close and I think a number of reasons for that loss but I will not discuss. It is what it is. I bet if we played them again, we would beat them. We had a tight game against Heritage but beat Glass soundly.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Amherst beat both Glass and Heritage, the Brookville game was close and I think a number of reasons for that loss but I will not discuss. It is what it is. I bet if we played them again, we would beat them. We had a tight game against Heritage but beat Glass soundly.

Glass is a solid team but the Amherst team that showed up against Glass looked unbeatable. Amherst is still a good team but something seems to have changed since that game. They have not looked as dominant as they did in that game. I understand that their QB has been out but something still looks "off" with them lately. I had said earlier in the year that they were the team to beat in 4A west but, I don't feel the same anymore. Just my opinion.

Glass is a solid team but the Amherst team that showed up against Glass looked unbeatable. Amherst is still a good team but something seems to have changed since that game. They have not looked as dominant as they did in that game. I understand that their QB has been out but something still looks "off" with them lately. I had said earlier in the year that they were the team to beat in 4A west but, I don't feel the same anymore. Just my opinion.
You Take Ramsey out of Salem offense and things will look off.You take Jones out of Rustburg offense things will look off.Take Brookville QB and Dinwiddie WR and I bet things will not be the same.Turner is a perfect fit to Amherst offense cause of his passing and preventing teams in putting 8 in the box.I'm not comparing any of those guys to Turner,just telling you what he means to that offense.

The leader is missing. If Brookville didn't have their QB that night, trust me, it would have been a different game. They are a little out of sync but trust me will be back. I can see them improving. The Brookville game was the first game without Keshon.

You Take Ramsey out of Salem offense and things will look off.You take Jones out of Rustburg offense things will look off.Take Brookville QB and Dinwiddie WR and I bet things will not be the same.Turner is a perfect fit to Amherst offense cause of his passing and preventing teams in putting 8 in the box.I'm not comparing any of those guys to Turner,just telling you what he means to that offense.
Exactly

I definitely understand that but, even up front, they haven't looked as dominant. There O and D lines have been looking like high school kids lately compared to college players earlier in the year. By no means am I trying to slight them, I'm just saying that they actually look beatable now, when at one point, I though otherwise.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT