ADVERTISEMENT

Amherst

Millbrook controlled the pace of the game for the most part, but their scoring drives were mostly due to big plays, broken coverages, and mismatches.

Amherst shot themselves in the foot on more than one occasion. They had at least three interceptions that should've counted, but the DB dropped the catch when they hit the ground each time. They also had quite a few fumbles.

Honestly it just looked like early season stuff to me. Amherst looked like a young team that was facing a fairly old one in Millbrook. They could've scored on multiple occasions were it not for the fumbles, and although I didn't see it because I was leaving at the time, the Amherst fans and players got really excited towards the end of the scrimmage, making me think they did score against some of Millbrook's starters.

Amherst's QB was very quick and had to use his feet a lot, not much pocket time. He did well considering that. He overthrew his receivers a few times when he tried to go deep, but the WRs got open several times so if he can get the timing down I feel like they can have a passing game.

I feel like the Lancers would be competitive in this area this year, just not sure how they're going to handle that brutal schedule.

It is interesting to see Amherst run its offense out of shotgun. Didn't think I would see that with a Christmas team. It looks like they are blocking it up front very similar to what Christmas normally does though.

Reactions: Lineheart
It is interesting to see Amherst run its offense out of shotgun. Didn't think I would see that with a Christmas team. It looks like they are blocking it up front very similar to what Christmas normally does though.
Pretty much same stuff with a few tweaks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT