ADVERTISEMENT

Any Scrimmage Updates for Shenandoah or Valley Districts?

I was told Rockbridge did a good job holding Riverheads to a couple scores . The Red team may not be very good this year .

I was impressed with Wilson at their scrimmage Saturday. Against two larger teams, The Hornets held their own. Don't count out the boys in green this year!!! I also heard Fort looked impressive in their first outing. Should be a fun year!

I was told Rockbridge did a good job holding Riverheads to a couple scores . The Red team may not be very good this year .
that is not quite what I was told lol.... Friend of mine went to the scrim and said Riverheads looked good, has lots of depth in the backfield, and lots of good competition for positions

I will be making the trip to Swoope tomorrow to check out the Leemen vs the Bison. Curious to see how the Leemen look as this will be my first look at them aside from the 7v7. Heard Gap looked pretty solid in their scrimmage against Nelson last week, but then again I'm not sure what Nelson has, but I do know they have been in a pretty constant rebuilding mode for the past few years so hopefully they can show some progress this year.

that is not quite what I was told lol.... Friend of mine went to the scrim and said Riverheads looked good, has lots of depth in the backfield, and lots of good competition for positions

I will be making the trip to Swoope tomorrow to check out the Leemen vs the Bison. Curious to see how the Leemen look as this will be my first look at them aside from the 7v7. Heard Gap looked pretty solid in their scrimmage against Nelson last week, but then again I'm not sure what Nelson has, but I do know they have been in a pretty constant rebuilding mode for the past few years so hopefully they can show some progress this year.

Come on Xcross! You don't mean that! Riverheads is Riverheads. Kind of like Wilson. We do what we do in Fishersville! I will say that I am seeing a change of power in the Shenandoah but come on! Riverheads reloads and moves forward.

Not sure what the Red Team looks like this year . I hope to look at them on Saturday. They lost a lot of speed to grads , but you are right they reload and do what they do !

Come on Xcross! You don't mean that! Riverheads is Riverheads. Kind of like Wilson. We do what we do in Fishersville! I will say that I am seeing a change of power in the Shenandoah but come on! Riverheads reloads and moves forward.
When you say you are seeing a change of power in the Shenandoah, what teams are shifting the power this year in your opinion?

East Rock absolutely destroyed Broadway. ERHS is explosive on offense and has a pretty stout defense. Tomorrow will be a better test against TA.

Any word on Draft/Spotswood?

When you say you are seeing a change of power in the Shenandoah, what teams are shifting the power this year in your opinion?
Not really a complete shift in power but a few top teams changing places. I think Gap will be the team to beat. Apparently they look very good against Nelson. Good teams outplay teams they should outplay. We will see how this Friday goes against LEE. Wilson will have a great test against Millbrook. I am very excited to see how our Defense does against their stud back. SHUT DOWN!!! LOL. Can anyone from Draft give us any insight?

Excluding Riverheads, Draft and East Rock are the teams to beat. Draft I can see making a long run come playoff time. They are going to be strong in all three areas and it will come down to coaching as to how successful they will be. Talent wise, they are a State top 5 team but not many on this board know that yet.
For those that do not know Xcross, do not bite on what he says lol. Riverheads will be there at the end but if everyone plays to their potential I see them as 3rd. Saying that, at the end of the season I would not be shocked to see them first, no lower than 2nd.
Wilson is a year away, then they should be back in position to battle for the district title. The talent will be there, but they will need better decisions from the sidelines. We should have a respectable year this year but we are very young.

Excluding Riverheads, Draft and East Rock are the teams to beat. Draft I can see making a long run come playoff time. They are going to be strong in all three areas and it will come down to coaching as to how successful they will be. Talent wise, they are a State top 5 team but not many on this board know that yet.
For those that do not know Xcross, do not bite on what he says lol. Riverheads will be there at the end but if everyone plays to their potential I see them as 3rd. Saying that, at the end of the season I would not be shocked to see them first, no lower than 2nd.
Wilson is a year away, then they should be back in position to battle for the district title. The talent will be there, but they will need better decisions from the sidelines. We should have a respectable year this year but we are very young.
Be nice now . I am not going to miss lead anyone , lol , Have not looked at the RED TEAM yet , but they might win a couple games if there lucky ! They host RE LEE next week . We will see what they look like ?

Totally agree with your
Totally agree with your comments on our boys from the VILLE. I do think we will make some noise. Coach Major will have the boys ready to play! He always does! Glad to see another Wilson supporter on here. Speaking of Supporters, has anyone heard from Trevor C?

Any update on the Gap/Lee scrimmage??
By my count it looked like the first units ended in a tie, with the lee 2s outscoring the gap 2s by a touchdown. Two different styles of play between these two, but it was a pretty even scrim, with lee looking a little better tonight, and by a little I mean just barely. Gap didnt move the ball as well as I thought they would on the ground but had some success through the air, which caught me by surprise. Neither offense was overly impressive, which is pretty common at this point in the year, but the defenses deserve some credit for that.

By my count it looked like the first units ended in a tie, with the lee 2s outscoring the gap 2s by a touchdown. Two different styles of play between these two, but it was a pretty even scrim, with lee looking a little better tonight, and by a little I mean just barely. Gap didnt move the ball as well as I thought they would on the ground but had some success through the air, which caught me by surprise. Neither offense was overly impressive, which is pretty common at this point in the year, but the defenses deserve some credit for that.

I see both of these teams having a drop off from last year, especially Gap. I think Gap is like Wilson, they are a year away. They have some good young talent but will struggle at times. In your opinion, how does Lee look this early in the year? They always have athletes, but has the new coach been able to instill discipline? Seemed like last year he had the team heading in the right direction but I know they also have some pretty big holes to fill in their lineup. It is a shame some of the past Lee teams lacked the leadership to finish in the playoffs. I honestly do believe the opinion of most that a lot of the players were looking towards basketball, which I can understand with the tradition that Lee has in that sport.

I see both of these teams having a drop off from last year, especially Gap. I think Gap is like Wilson, they are a year away. They have some good young talent but will struggle at times. In your opinion, how does Lee look this early in the year? They always have athletes, but has the new coach been able to instill discipline? Seemed like last year he had the team heading in the right direction but I know they also have some pretty big holes to fill in their lineup. It is a shame some of the past Lee teams lacked the leadership to finish in the playoffs. I honestly do believe the opinion of most that a lot of the players were looking towards basketball, which I can understand with the tradition that Lee has in that sport.
Lee looked sharper yesterday than they did for the first couple weeks of last year's regular season. The offense seems rather complex based on what a few of the players have told me, but thats what all the time in the offseason is for. Coach G is doing some great things and I hear a lot of positive remarks about him through the community. As for the discipline, there were actually a few instances where that was lacking-- twice on the field and once on the sideline, but its not something I'd like to go into too much detail about. Coach G is trying to change the culture for the better. The Lee team that beat TA in the regular season, the year TA won the state championship was right in the Staunton Streak and those boys were ready for hoops, but had the squad to win it in football based in the talent, but they were basketball players that just happened to play football. Back to the scrim, the defensive line play was pretty solid, and the linebackers did a good job of filling the gaps. They'll see something very similar next week, so this scrim may be very beneficial for seeing what they will face in RHS friday. Not trying to start anything with the buffalo gap faithful, but their offense is basically what RHS runs, only not quite as efficient as the "big red machine"

I hope Lee can just be competitive against RHS this week to avoid a repeat of last year's opening week

In reference to Gap, if they can get their oline to gel, they will be tough to beat. Looked like a lot of miscommunication up front for them, and they didnt get a good push the whole night I dont think. They are a little more athletic this year than I remember them being last year. They've got a few of those high energy, high effort players that I love watching. They had some kids wearing the same numbers but #32, #44, and the safety really come to mind as old fashioned, hard nosed football players

Jusy FYI, we dont try to defend the Wing T/single wing when we go to Riverheads. we are getting ready for BATTLE OF THE AXE RIVALRY game vs Buckingham. this is our 4th year in this jamboree and Riverheads gives it to us. last year they beat us by 1 TD. We dominate rest of the teams though. Got mad respect for Riverheads throughout the years and surprised they didnt win states last yr.

Reactions: gladiators01
I was impressed with Wilson at their scrimmage Saturday. Against two larger teams, The Hornets held their own. Don't count out the boys in green this year!!! I also heard Fort looked impressive in their first outing. Should be a fun year!

Any word on how PM looked in that scrimmage? Havent heard a word on them so far this year.

Any word on how PM looked in that scrimmage? Havent heard a word on them so far this year.
Best team there. Huge, stud backs and that QB impressed me. Our Boys from the Ville competed with them. Defense made stops but when you have the horses in the stable and you get them going, it's a long day.

Reactions: mmqp
Best team there. Huge, stud backs and that QB impressed me. Our Boys from the Ville competed with them. Defense made stops but when you have the horses in the stable and you get them going, it's a long day.

Thank you for the info. Best of luck to Wilson this year! As well as all the teams in Augusta Co.

Totally agree with your

Totally agree with your comments on our boys from the VILLE. I do think we will make some noise. Coach Major will have the boys ready to play! He always does! Glad to see another Wilson supporter on here. Speaking of Supporters, has anyone heard from Trevor C?

I'm still around! Been incredibly busy with racing this year. Know I'm going to miss the opening two weeks of football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT