ADVERTISEMENT

Any thoughts on Dinwiddie @ Maury?

Oh @CrushBlock Navy Nation celebrated and surely counted the win. It was just a tongue in cheek poke at my pals from Salem.

If we could get a little payback on Phoebus from the 2008 and 2010 losses it would be simply wonderful. I remember watching Phoebus play Heritage in the 2022 final and hearing a Dinwiddie fan who suffered through both losses say "If the Phantoms were playing the old Soviet Union I would wear red, carry a sickle, and learn to say boooo Phoebus in Russian". I almost peed my pants.
Dinwiddie just might get there wish. Careful what u wish for though...

Reactions: BleedingNavy
I’m sure Dinwiddie fans would trade those two regular season wins for another ring! 💍💍💍💍💍💍💍💍💍💍💍
In theory maybe, but current Dinwiddie fans only care about today. The 2016 team and long time fans may feel differently. Phoebus crushed us in 2008 and those rascals scored 21 points in the 4th quarter to knock us out in 2010. No shade. Salem is great win, but its is more about class 4 pride. A win over Phoebus would result in a new county holiday and some deep wound healing. It's just the rivalry between between the 757 and 804. I would compare it to the Salem vs. the Seminole teams X's 10.

In theory maybe, but current Dinwiddie fans only care about today. The 2016 team and long time fans may feel differently. Phoebus crushed us in 2008 and those rascals scored 21 points in the 4th quarter to knock us out in 2010. No shade. Salem is great win, but its is more about class 4 pride. A win over Phoebus would result in a new county holiday and some deep wound healing. It's just the rivalry between between the 757 and 804. I would compare it to the Salem vs. the Seminole teams X's 10.
That 2008 Game we were just arriving as a program it just had to happen against arguably THE BEST team in VHSL history 😑. 2010 nobody gave us a chance but the entire week we kept telling everyone just show up because we were going to win. That was the most confident I had ever been in a game but Injuries hit us bad midway through the 3rd Quarter. The 4th quarter was just the perfect storm for them because they couldn’t move the ball at all for 3 quarters then the caught that lucky jump ball an the tide turned 💔😔

Except for the 1982 Pulaski vs. PH Roanoke game that State final at VA Tech was coldest I have ever been at a game. I thought you played extremely poised in 2010, but we let those Phantoms off the hook. We made mistakes and they capitalized. You may not get told often, but the 2007-2010 teams paved the way for what is now Navy Nation. Have to admit that Phoebus, Hanover, Lake Taylor, Sherando and Salem helped us create the rabid fan base we have today. If we ever get that desired win over Phoebus, we will treat you to dinner @General172011.

That 2008 Game we were just arriving as a program it just had to happen against arguably THE BEST team in VHSL history 😑. 2010 nobody gave us a chance but the entire week we kept telling everyone just show up because we were going to win. That was the most confident I had ever been in a game but Injuries hit us bad midway through the 3rd Quarter. The 4th quarter was just the perfect storm for them because they couldn’t move the ball at all for 3 quarters then the caught that lucky jump ball an the tide turned 💔😔
I don't call 21 unanswered points lucky. Some could say a team choked to give up 21 points in 9 minutes at home and unanswered.

I don't call 21 unanswered points lucky. Some could say a team choked to give up 21 points in 9 minutes at home and unanswered.
I won’t call it a choke if you’re missing your All State CB All State LB/RB and your All State QB can’t move because of 2 high ankle sprains. Your severely handicapped with what you can call as a coach

I won’t call it a choke if you’re missing your All State CB All State LB/RB and your All State QB can’t move because of 2 high ankle sprains. Your severely handicapped with what you can call as a coach
The game is played. Dinwiddie played well until the last nine minutes. Noone wishes an injury to a player but if it happens during the game, its next man up. No excuses. Phoebus had like 5 turnovers and still won. Maybe they will get another shot this year at Phoebus. I thought they would lastyear but King George got the edge.

Excuses 14 years later is CRAZY. Next man up! Phoebus just won back to back titles with their back up QBs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT