ADVERTISEMENT

Any thoughts on Dinwiddie @ Maury?

Oh @CrushBlock Navy Nation celebrated and surely counted the win. It was just a tongue in cheek poke at my pals from Salem.

If we could get a little payback on Phoebus from the 2008 and 2010 losses it would be simply wonderful. I remember watching Phoebus play Heritage in the 2022 final and hearing a Dinwiddie fan who suffered through both losses say "If the Phantoms were playing the old Soviet Union I would wear red, carry a sickle, and learn to say boooo Phoebus in Russian". I almost peed my pants.
Dinwiddie just might get there wish. Careful what u wish for though...

Reactions: BleedingNavy
I’m sure Dinwiddie fans would trade those two regular season wins for another ring! 💍💍💍💍💍💍💍💍💍💍💍
In theory maybe, but current Dinwiddie fans only care about today. The 2016 team and long time fans may feel differently. Phoebus crushed us in 2008 and those rascals scored 21 points in the 4th quarter to knock us out in 2010. No shade. Salem is great win, but its is more about class 4 pride. A win over Phoebus would result in a new county holiday and some deep wound healing. It's just the rivalry between between the 757 and 804. I would compare it to the Salem vs. the Seminole teams X's 10.

In theory maybe, but current Dinwiddie fans only care about today. The 2016 team and long time fans may feel differently. Phoebus crushed us in 2008 and those rascals scored 21 points in the 4th quarter to knock us out in 2010. No shade. Salem is great win, but its is more about class 4 pride. A win over Phoebus would result in a new county holiday and some deep wound healing. It's just the rivalry between between the 757 and 804. I would compare it to the Salem vs. the Seminole teams X's 10.
That 2008 Game we were just arriving as a program it just had to happen against arguably THE BEST team in VHSL history 😑. 2010 nobody gave us a chance but the entire week we kept telling everyone just show up because we were going to win. That was the most confident I had ever been in a game but Injuries hit us bad midway through the 3rd Quarter. The 4th quarter was just the perfect storm for them because they couldn’t move the ball at all for 3 quarters then the caught that lucky jump ball an the tide turned 💔😔

Except for the 1982 Pulaski vs. PH Roanoke game that State final at VA Tech was coldest I have ever been at a game. I thought you played extremely poised in 2010, but we let those Phantoms off the hook. We made mistakes and they capitalized. You may not get told often, but the 2007-2010 teams paved the way for what is now Navy Nation. Have to admit that Phoebus, Hanover, Lake Taylor, Sherando and Salem helped us create the rabid fan base we have today. If we ever get that desired win over Phoebus, we will treat you to dinner @General172011.

That 2008 Game we were just arriving as a program it just had to happen against arguably THE BEST team in VHSL history 😑. 2010 nobody gave us a chance but the entire week we kept telling everyone just show up because we were going to win. That was the most confident I had ever been in a game but Injuries hit us bad midway through the 3rd Quarter. The 4th quarter was just the perfect storm for them because they couldn’t move the ball at all for 3 quarters then the caught that lucky jump ball an the tide turned 💔😔
I don't call 21 unanswered points lucky. Some could say a team choked to give up 21 points in 9 minutes at home and unanswered.

I don't call 21 unanswered points lucky. Some could say a team choked to give up 21 points in 9 minutes at home and unanswered.
I won’t call it a choke if you’re missing your All State CB All State LB/RB and your All State QB can’t move because of 2 high ankle sprains. Your severely handicapped with what you can call as a coach

I won’t call it a choke if you’re missing your All State CB All State LB/RB and your All State QB can’t move because of 2 high ankle sprains. Your severely handicapped with what you can call as a coach
The game is played. Dinwiddie played well until the last nine minutes. Noone wishes an injury to a player but if it happens during the game, its next man up. No excuses. Phoebus had like 5 turnovers and still won. Maybe they will get another shot this year at Phoebus. I thought they would lastyear but King George got the edge.

Excuses 14 years later is CRAZY. Next man up! Phoebus just won back to back titles with their back up QBs.

Too much slow dancing around the subject. Who winning this thing tonight? Gimme Dinwiddie with the upset. Harry is going to get his revenge tonight. Played two bad games last year (King George and Maury). He’s going to have a huge game tonight.

Dinwiddie 35-28 in OT

I’m 100% against comparing scores, but no way is Wise a better team than Dinwiddie. Wise had Maury on the ropes but they just didn’t have an IT factor to get the job done. Dinwiddie will be Maury’s best opponent until state championship Saturday by a mile.

#ShutPrivDaHellUp

We shall see. Wise won the chip lastyear. Returned alot of players this yr and played well. Dinwiddie benefited from being at hm lastyear and the officiating was bias in my opinion. Maury still beats them by at least 2 tds imo. This yr dinwiddie play in norfolk. Maury returns alot of players from lastyr. I got Maury 45 Dinwiddie 21

I’m 100% against comparing scores, but no way is Wise a better team than Dinwiddie. Wise had Maury on the ropes but they just didn’t have an IT factor to get the job done. Dinwiddie will be Maury’s best opponent until state championship Saturday by a mile.

#ShutPrivDaHellUp
I think you are undervaluing Wise. They are a legit public program and would compete within anyone in VA. Not all of the talent in Maryland goes to privates, and Wise has sent a lot of players to the next level and beyond. They won 6 state titles since the school opened in the early 2000s. I thought they would fall off a little with Coach Parrish stepping down earlier this year, but they picked up where they left off.

Dinwiddie kind of threw everyone off with how they looked pregame. Then Maury takes opening kickoff to the house. 7-0 12 seconds in

20-0 end of 1st quarter

Dinwiddie looked scared coming out of the locker room and it has translated on the field. Newkirk of Maury has to have like 150+ passing 2 TDs.

#ShutPrivDaHellUp
Man you really hyped this team lol. They are nowhere near Wise level.

Last edited:
Yeah but Dalton is such a special player i get why you hyped them. But overall team wise they just aren’t “arguably the best c4 team in the state” or “better than Wise” like you said. It’s all good tho

27-7 now
I did say Maury by 3 tds.... its holding thus far...

Dinwiddie has played great on 1st and 2nd down. Maury is 4/7 on 3rd down with 2 TDs on 3rd and 13 or more. Dinwiddie is 1/8 on 3rd down 5 of those attempts were inside Maury territory. Dinwiddie is moving the ball just can’t get off the field/can’t get out of their own way on 3rd when they have the ball. That kickoff return ain’t help either

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Yeah but Dalton is such a special player i get why you hyped them. But overall team wise they just aren’t “arguably the best c4 team in the state” or “better than Wise” like you said. It’s all good tho

27-7 now
Aye if I’m wrong, I’m wrong. Was wrong tonight. Maury’s a great team.

Bad night over 350 yards an 1/8 in trips in Maury territory. Gotta cash in on opportunities. Maury being 6/11 on 3rd down with 4 TDS all being on 3rd & 8 or more is bad smh regroup gotta be better. Luckily there no team like Maury in the state so we will be ok.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT