ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone doing points/ratings

Gunz41

VaPreps All Region
Sep 22, 2007
Stuarts Draft VA
It has been told to me that VHSL will meet in a couple weeks to discuss ANY games that have not been completed (because of Weather, COVID, etc). So games may be considered No Contests that have been declared Forfeits, vice versa, etc.

And that includes all games THROUGHOUT the state, not just 2a.

It is odd that there has been no clear directive on that. While I understand that each region can decide the number of games required to be playoff eligible, there really should be an overall standard from the governing body of high school sports in VA. The email/message that has been posted here states something about Oct 15th. It’s clear as mud since we are only 7 weeks into the season. It reminds me eerily how a good many school boards approached the pandemic in the beginning and when discussing returning to school this fall. Failed leadership is becoming quite common.......

I think to be fair to everybody non district games not played should be no contest and all district games not played should be forfeit for non affected team. But either way needs to be set in stone decision across board for everyone. No this was forfeits but this one doesn't for no apparent reason or difference.

I think to be fair to everybody non district games not played should be no contest and all district games not played should be forfeit for non affected team. But either way needs to be set in stone decision across board for everyone. No this was forfeits but this one doesn't for no apparent reason or difference.
I agree it should be set in theory, but that also isn't uniform across the state. Some teams have all district games I believe, whereas someone else could have 4.

And then you run into someone who only gets some kind of competition (points) from OOD, take Appomattox for example.

Moreover, I have read some areas have actively tried to not find new opportunities to play, etc. While others have. And on top of that, what if an AD/team were under the understanding that IF a replacement couldn't be found that it was a forfeit, and even though they tried to find one ultimately didn't. Now that could effect them. That is a hypothetical btw.

Unrealistic, but I would rather just see the games played.

I don't know what the right answer is aside from going on a case by case basis, and then that is certainly a grey area too.

I had to laugh when I saw 2 teams who usually play each other, but not this year. Both come on VaPreps begging for a game because they lost a game to the same opponent who shut down season. One team had bye the week the other team was supposed to play shut down team. It would be the first thing you would look up. I replied with that suggestion. Nope. Somebody ducking somebody for some reason I do not know.

Graham tried to find an opponent when George Wythe cancelled even though they could have played. I guess it counts as a no contest. Very valid points, there should probably be a uniform consistent approach but even then it's not black & white. Covid had made this season a crap shoot. Hopefully, next fall is normal.

Reactions: oldfool2
I had to laugh when I saw 2 teams who usually play each other, but not this year. Both come on VaPreps begging for a game because they lost a game to the same opponent who shut down season. One team had bye the week the other team was supposed to play shut down team. It would be the first thing you would look up. I replied with that suggestion. Nope. Somebody ducking somebody for some reason I do not know.
EXACTLY!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT