ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone know the student enrollment numbers for D1

Point taken! Tru began this by misrepresenting my post on the other site. He should be called out for that as well. I don't know anyone from Augusta County public schools nor do I know anyone within its administration.

But it doesn't change the fact that you took a partial quote and represented it as a complete entity. True or false?

The conversation on the SWVA board began with discussion of LCA's participation in VHSL athletics. A recent newspaper article suggests they will be dropping to Class 3 for the next cycle. The original agreement between LCA and VHSL suggested they would be counted at 1.5:1 which would mean they would almost assuredly be playing up in competition. Either the original newspaper link provided in the forum on SWVASports.com was wrong or the recent article is inaccurate.

That lead to someone questioning Riverheads being at "474.5" for seemingly a decade. Riverheads is now significantly lower than that but not without county officials redrawing district boundaries to accomplish the lower ADM, which was the point of the linked article in the Augusta County newspaper. Nothing false or misleading about that statement.

It is what it is!

Not like I am an expert about LCA, or anything for that matter. But from reading the other boards recently I saw this explained. When LCA came into VHSL they were given certain things grandfathered in, and then they were given the multiplier because of the areas they were able to pull from. Now they are only pulling from 1 area so it is a lesser multiplier

Reactions: sixcat
Not like I am an expert about LCA, or anything for that matter. But from reading the other boards recently I saw this explained. When LCA came into VHSL they were given certain things grandfathered in, and then they were given the multiplier because of the areas they were able to pull from. Now they are only pulling from 1 area so it is a lesser multiplier

Your explanation is much appreciated! Thanks

Point taken! Tru began this by misrepresenting my post on the other site. He should be called out for that as well. I don't know anyone from Augusta County public schools nor do I know anyone within its administration.

But it doesn't change the fact that you took a partial quote and represented it as a complete entity. True or false?

The conversation on the SWVA board began with discussion of LCA's participation in VHSL athletics. A recent newspaper article suggests they will be dropping to Class 3 for the next cycle. The original agreement between LCA and VHSL suggested they would be counted at 1.5:1 which would mean they would almost assuredly be playing up in competition. Either the original newspaper link provided in the forum on SWVASports.com was wrong or the recent article is inaccurate.

That lead to someone questioning Riverheads being at "474.5" for seemingly a decade. Riverheads is now significantly lower than that but not without county officials redrawing district boundaries to accomplish the lower ADM, which was the point of the linked article in the Augusta County newspaper. Nothing false or misleading about that statement.

It is what it is!

First of all, I should know better than to even get into the middle of this mess. Secondly I have never tried to quote someone else's post before offering a reply so if I have not done it correctly, I apologize.

But assuming I am doing it correctly, here is my concern with the above post. When you use the word "accomplish", as this post does, it gives the impression that someone set a goal and then took specific steps to achieve that goal. So unless I am reading this wrong, it sounds as if someone somewhere made an accusation that someone in the county (or at Riverheads) made a deliberate attempt to manipulate the enrollment figures. If that is indeed what was said, it is a pretty strong accusation.

Reactions: trutiger16
First of all, I should know better than to even get into the middle of this mess. Secondly I have never tried to quote someone else's post before offering a reply so if I have not done it correctly, I apologize.

But assuming I am doing it correctly, here is my concern with the above post. When you use the word "accomplish", as this post does, it gives the impression that someone set a goal and then took specific steps to achieve that goal. So unless I am reading this wrong, it sounds as if someone somewhere made an accusation that someone in the county (or at Riverheads) made a deliberate attempt to manipulate the enrollment figures. If that is indeed what was said, it is a pretty strong accusation.

I don't have an issue with anyone quoting my posts. But copying tiny portions of a two page conversation from a post on another website and pasting said "tiny portions" on a completely different website is misleading, at best!

If you wish to play semantics with the wording of my post, have at it! The content of the newspaper article speaks for itself.....and it's the Augusta County newspaper. It is what it is!

By-in-large, intent is impossible to prove. Whatever the intent, where there is smoke, there is usually fire! In my opinion, this wouldn't have been an issue for nearly a decade if there wasn't at least some base in truth. But again, that's my opinion. But several other school districts in Virginia in various classifications fall under the same suspicion.

With that said, I couldn't care less who plays in what classification. Personally, I think 5 classes would be more than suitable for Virginia. The current format is a bit "watered down". One less classification would benefit many with reduced travel time as well. Not unilaterally but so much so, I believe it would be beneficial in the majority of the cases.

But that's neither here nor there. Simply my opinion.

Reactions: trutiger16
Wow really don’t think when redistrict boundaries they are thinking about what division that will put you in. I believe they would be considering the kids and education they get

Reactions: TimWakefield
EXACTLY!!!!!!!! It is preposterous for anyone to think that any school in any state would cook up a scheme to stay within a certain enrollment figure just for its sports programs at the expense of the students' well-being. Changing boundary lines involves re-routing buses, it involves taking kids away from their friends, it involves new furniture and equipment at the school that is gaining students, and probably a lot more things I am not thinking about. So nobody would ever do that for that reason, and if/when boundary lines are re-drawn in any school system, you can bet it is done for some correct and logical reasons, and that is not done without being thoroughly evaluated.

U-mad-bro-nah-youre-just-jealous-Meme-Photo.jpg

whining-meme.jpg

it%2527s%2Bnot%2Bfair.jpg

Reactions: Baseball215

Sad thing is I dont like the red team. Well I actually dont mind the team or coaches, its SOME of the fans. But all this stuff is getting old. It's like hearing that new song, when you first hear it you like it, but after awhile it gets old.

Here are the FACTS. You dont hear any other schools whined about no matter how much bigger they are or how much they win. FACT, the largest school by almost double in the state is TC WILLIAMS. FACT, they aren't winning championships. There are 3 schools who have won 3 consecutive titles, Riverheads is NOT one of them, so they are dominating LESS than others.

And for whoever wants to talk about the redistricting lines, exactly how many of you know this county area? I'll guess none. All you know is the numbers or what may have been written somewhere. Quick fact, did you know that before things were redone that there was a road in between Stuart's Draft and Greenville that one side of the road went to one school and other side the other? But of course when that is fixed then Riverheads is cheating?

There is really no perfect lines when schools are that close together, but that one makes sense to me. But please if you are going to complain about something, post accurate information, or at least not lies/opinions as facts. And if you want to be taken seriously and not looked at as a whiner/sure loser then dont bring up the subject over and over.

And since I have heard it so many times, (well I didnt a name, etc) when you refer to something with only one conclusion, then you are just naming it in a different way. I can say Lonzo Balls father is an idiot. I didnt say his name so I guess nobody knows who I am talking about right?

Reactions: gwb16 and kw85
Ha ha ha lol ! Not up for likes i bet you and many wish i would stop calling out the frauds, its going to be a fun season in doing so.

Ha ha ha lol ! Not up for likes i bet you and many wish i would stop calling out the frauds, its going to be a fun season in doing so.

This shall be my last WRITTEN response to this thread. Because I dont think you actually pay attention, I'll say it one more time. I DO NOT LIKE RIVERHEADS. It just gets extremely old seeing the SAME THING OVER AND OVER. Again, I HAVE A REASON to dislike them, as in a rivalry, not because they are unfair with their 36,469 students who are all 6'5 240 lbs and run 4.3. The quarterback can throw a football 200 yards, and the coaches post spies in every team in 1a program, and they also film every conversation that every school has in every county. And dont forget the Virginia sized drone they fly to know what everyone does

When you present something you are trying to give evidence to support your claim, i.e. a presentation at work. When you give that presentation and it doesn't go your way, going back with the EXACT same presentation makes you look like the only way you view something is YOUR WAY, there is no other way. When you continue with the same presentation, it makes the ones viewing the same presentation think as if you are whining and trolling.

It is less about the message you are presenting, and more about continuing to present that without any update in something to substantiate your claims. In fact, the numbers have went down. I have no clue whether what you are trying to claim or not is true, but the manner in which you are going about it looks like you are trolling. If you are trolling, then good job. But if you are serious and want to have a serious conversation about it, then you are going about it in the wrong way. And then threaten to keep going shows even more.

And last thing, I dont know how much common sense you are displaying with your schick about I am not saying anyone by name, so when you assume I am talking about Team X, that is on you. That is not how deductive science works. I am in a room with 20 females with a buddy. I tell the buddy, man that yall blonde over there in the red dress isnt very attractive. If someone overhears that and goes to tell them I said that, when there is only 1 tall blonde in the room with a red dress, then everyone would know who I was talking about without saying her name, or pointing her out. If the tall blonde approaches me and says something, it isnt because she thinks she is unattractive, it's because she knows she is the ONLY person I could have been talking about.

So unless I change my mind, whenever this single topic that is brought up (once a month at least), I will post memes about this worn out topic. Now if there is more evidence presented instead of just trolling, I will respond.

This shall be my last WRITTEN response to this thread. Because I dont think you actually pay attention, I'll say it one more time. I DO NOT LIKE RIVERHEADS. It just gets extremely old seeing the SAME THING OVER AND OVER. Again, I HAVE A REASON to dislike them, as in a rivalry, not because they are unfair with their 36,469 students who are all 6'5 240 lbs and run 4.3. The quarterback can throw a football 200 yards, and the coaches post spies in every team in 1a program, and they also film every conversation that every school has in every county. And dont forget the Virginia sized drone they fly to know what everyone does

When you present something you are trying to give evidence to support your claim, i.e. a presentation at work. When you give that presentation and it doesn't go your way, going back with the EXACT same presentation makes you look like the only way you view something is YOUR WAY, there is no other way. When you continue with the same presentation, it makes the ones viewing the same presentation think as if you are whining and trolling.

It is less about the message you are presenting, and more about continuing to present that without any update in something to substantiate your claims. In fact, the numbers have went down. I have no clue whether what you are trying to claim or not is true, but the manner in which you are going about it looks like you are trolling. If you are trolling, then good job. But if you are serious and want to have a serious conversation about it, then you are going about it in the wrong way. And then threaten to keep going shows even more.

And last thing, I dont know how much common sense you are displaying with your schick about I am not saying anyone by name, so when you assume I am talking about Team X, that is on you. That is not how deductive science works. I am in a room with 20 females with a buddy. I tell the buddy, man that yall blonde over there in the red dress isnt very attractive. If someone overhears that and goes to tell them I said that, when there is only 1 tall blonde in the room with a red dress, then everyone would know who I was talking about without saying her name, or pointing her out. If the tall blonde approaches me and says something, it isnt because she thinks she is unattractive, it's because she knows she is the ONLY person I could have been talking about.

So unless I change my mind, whenever this single topic that is brought up (once a month at least), I will post memes about this worn out topic. Now if there is more evidence presented instead of just trolling, I will respond.

Gunz:

You sound like me when I get carried away! What a way to give a fire and brimstone lecture on a dull and boring Wednesday!

However, you really only gave trutiger exactly what he wanted. No matter who he is or what he thinks he has for evidence, all he is doing is trying to get a rise out of you or anybody else on here.

But since this has been going on for years and there never has been and I am sure never WILL be any evidence to support it, it will always be just baseless accusations designed to fuel debate.

The objective, common-sense way to look at this is to realize that the state of Virginia certainly has a lot of reasons and a lot of resources for determining the enrollment of any given school. It is all about state funding, census figures, etc.

For that reason it is ludicrous to think that any school would intentionally try to defraud the state. It is ESPECIALLY bizarre to think that any school would deliberately UNDERestimate its enrollment, knowing that they would receive LESS money from the state if they did so.

Think about selling a car....would you say to someone "I appreciate you agreeing to pay me $10,000 for this car, but please, $7,500 will be enough. That way you can go and buy your girlfriend something pretty with the rest of your money."

I cannot promise, Gunz, as you can't either, that this will be our last words on the subject and I suspect that trutiger is far from being finished either. But the most logical thing he could ever do would be to file a formal complaint, give the VHSL all that multitude of evidence that he SURELY has in his files, and let the process run its course. But I think the chances of him ever doing that are right up there Bath County and its 16 students beating RHS and its 67 (last figure I heard) in next month's season opener.

Ive only asked for the student enrollment numbers for the entire division the only trolls on this tread are you and others who immediately put Riverheads in the lime light so to speak , i guess the saying is true ( throw a rock in a pack and see who barks ) lol I have my opinion like everyone else i havent violated terms of this website as you have tried to label me as doing so lol. The theives get no honor lol lol ! What you mad ?

Last edited:
Regardless of the actual argument here, one guy laid out exactly why he thinks the way he does. He used his words. The other guy replied with, “What you mad?”

I mean, there it is. You’re not gonna change someone who thinks that’s a logical response.

Reactions: sixcat
trutiger:

Are you still talking to Gunz or was that last comment directed at me? To my knowledge, I have not accused you of violating anything. I am only trying to bring some common sense into the situation, along with a little humor, to hopefully illustrate how silly (and yes tedious) the whole thing has become.

trutiger:

Are you still talking to Gunz or was that last comment directed at me? To my knowledge, I have not accused you of violating anything. I am only trying to bring some common sense into the situation, along with a little humor, to hopefully illustrate how silly (and yes tedious) the whole thing has become.
Gunz is who i was referencing

Regardless of the actual argument here, one guy laid out exactly why he thinks the way he does. He used his words. The other guy replied with, “What you mad?”

I mean, there it is. You’re not gonna change someone who thinks that’s a logical response.
You mad quote was based on the meme that was directed at me lol ! My views are my views simple as that , there are plenty of people in the State feel the same way as i do about the theives lol!

If a person can't spell thieves correctly, maybe they shouldn't be using it and accusing people of being thieves. Kind of disrespectful too. LOL! Just trying to lighten the mood. Have fun debating, I'm done with that topic.

Can't wait for the real football discussions.
If RH has 67 that's a lot of kids turning out.

Last edited:
If a person can't spell thieves correctly, maybe they shouldn't be using it and accusing people of being thieves. Kind of disrespectful too. LOL! Just trying to lighten the mood. Have fun debating, I'm done with that topic.

Can't wait for the real football discussions.
If RH has 67 that's a lot of kids turning out.

Uh............I was referring to the latest figures on total enrollment, not members of the team. To my knowledge, those are the latest accurate figures for both schools. (Honest injun!) You can imagine the trouble Bath has even fielding a team....they sneak in a couple of cheerleaders, the typing teacher, a bus driver or two, you name it. They just pray that they have no injuries!

Thanks for correcting my spelling its a blog lol, now could you go to a certain place and help them count ? Now thats were you are needed

Uh............I was referring to the latest figures on total enrollment, not members of the team. To my knowledge, those are the latest accurate figures for both schools. (Honest injun!) You can imagine the trouble Bath has even fielding a team....they sneak in a couple of cheerleaders, the typing teacher, a bus driver or two, you name it. They just pray that they have no injuries!
Thanks for clarifying. Those could actually be the numbers though especially for Bath.

Ive only asked for the student enrollment numbers for the entire division the only trolls on this tread are you and others who immediately put Riverheads in the lime light so to speak , i guess the saying is true ( throw a rock in a pack and see who barks ) lol I have my opinion like everyone else i havent violated terms of this website as you have tried to label me as doing so lol. The theives get no honor lol lol ! What you mad ?

Well since this isnt directly about your #s, but you actually lying, I will comment without a meme.

So PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE WITH SUGAR ON TOP show me where I said ONE WORD about you violating anything.

I'll wait...

But AGAIN for the record, I DONT LIKE RIVERHEADS. I know I dislike them more than you. I just dont go around whining because they win or beat my team.

But I suspect you are the type that IF they indeed are fudging numbers you dont want them to get caught. Because then you would have nothing to complain about.

No, what you now remind me of is this

1k6m6x.jpg

The enrollment numbers will be updated after this season, according to the VHSL rep that I talked to via email last year this is done every 4 years, not every 2 like we all thought for so long. So who knows who will be playing where next season.

The enrollment numbers will be updated after this season, according to the VHSL rep that I talked to via email last year this is done every 4 years, not every 2 like we all thought for so long. So who knows who will be playing where next season.

Technically it is both, 2 and 4. A team can move in a 2 year cycle, but if a team that is in one class (say 1a) is over, but by less than 5% then they can still stay in that same division. If my explanation makes sense

Reactions: mmqp
Technically it is both, 2 and 4. A team can move in a 2 year cycle, but if a team that is in one class (say 1a) is over, but by less than 5% then they can still stay in that same division. If my explanation makes sense

Yep, it does. Thanks for the info.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT