ADVERTISEMENT

Appo/Giles

"How did this team beat Glenvar?"

That seemed like a shot at Giles to me. It's amazing to me how condescending people can be east of Roanoke.

I dont know Giles from Glenvar except for what I see on here. Couldn't tell you their colors. Maybe it was a shot? I didn't take it that way, I took it for a question, but I could be wrong
Have to agree with @eh31 on this one. Whatever happened to congratulating your opponent on a good game and moving on?

Have to agree with @eh31 on this one. Whatever happened to congratulating your opponent on a good game and moving on?

I could very well be wrong. Not from anywhere close so when I saw it i thought it was a question, but multiple people seem to see it as a shot.

Maybe it's just the optimist in me thinking everyone has pure motives

They can Blow it when they want.. home field advantage they earned it
No horn at Glenvar. Only reason it showed up was for insurance if Giles blew theirs during our cadence but our admin banned all horns after last game..ours and Giles and anybody elses.

No horn at Glenvar. Only reason it showed up was for insurance if Giles blew theirs during our cadence but our admin banned all horns after last game..ours and Giles and anybody elses.

Dang they banned all horns? What will we talk about this week then?

Congratulations to the Raidahs! Clearly, they proved they are the better team. I expect they will cruise past Glenvar just as easily next week. I think they will also beat the eventual Region D winner too. The East is unusually strong this year though, so they may have trouble in Salem.

I haven't saw the game, but from the box scores and stuff, didn't Giles have multiple drives deep in Appo territory only to falter? Maybe a better team converts. Let's not anoint any team yet, I'm sure Glenvar isn't and whoever wins Region D is gonna show up and not just forfeit.

I haven't saw the game, but from the box scores and stuff, didn't Giles have multiple drives deep in Appo territory only to falter? Maybe a better team converts. Let's not anoint any team yet, I'm sure Glenvar isn't and whoever wins Region D is gonna show up and not just forfeit.
Yes they did and was held at the 2 twice.

Reactions: BigWinners
Time to move on Gales, go support little brother next Saturday in Narz. You should at least support your own county. That’s a shame you Giles fans are so hurt over them still playing and your not. That shows a lot of class. I’ll be there and I’m from THE FORT!!!

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
I do expect major butt whippings next year. However, I'm hearing a thing or two that may very well limit that big time. All I will say is our 2nd string quarterback will not be our quarterback next year. Keep in mind last year was Javon Scruggs first year ever playing quarterback and he was like a seasoned pro from day one. It's amazing what coach Smith can do. Soooo you best be careful we may have major weapons next year also.
That is true, NO DOUBT next year is going to be a down year with a young QB they going to mold that is going to the next big thing in Appo. Mark my word! What Doug has built with this community has people begging to play for him. He has our lil league up thriving hard!

For what its worth...oh how soon yall Giles fans forget about all the compliments I gave your team.... about having such a successful program at 400+ students yr after yr. I just dont like how yall use the horn when opposite team got ball. I actually like the horn....it adds to the atmosphere. Plus yall been mad at me because I keep bringing up the "worst reffed game I have ever witnessed" during that 2013 game. I get it...yall hate me...its all good, but im a straight shooter and I dont sugar coat on here trying to make nice with people attacking Appo program or me. I dont cuss yall....I dont even cuss at all...Im a man of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, but Im going to correct misleading comments on here and im going to challenge comments on here. That isnt going to change....But what yall built and the tradition yall have. I LOVE IT!!! I actually loved the atmosphere yall have at the stadium. It reminded me of a movie....I wasnt prepared for that....TWO THUMBS up for what your program has done in the past and what it is still going to be in future. Just know...we have a coach I call the Single Wing Killa (proved it to me again last night)! He is a mastermind on D and stays up all times of night studying every play he can get his hands on. He puts that much time and effort in it. Anyways...best wishes to your program in future....Great tradition...

Reactions: Stabler1980
For what its worth...oh how soon yall Giles fans forget about all the compliments I gave your team.... about having such a successful program at 400+ students yr after yr. I just dont like how yall use the horn when opposite team got ball. I actually like the horn....it adds to the atmosphere. Plus yall been mad at me because I keep bringing up the "worst reffed game I have ever witnessed" during that 2013 game. I get it...yall hate me...its all good, but im a straight shooter and I dont sugar coat on here trying to make nice with people attacking Appo program or me. I dont cuss yall....I dont even cuss at all...Im a man of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, but Im going to correct misleading comments on here and im going to challenge comments on here. That isnt going to change....But what yall built and the tradition yall have. I LOVE IT!!! I actually loved the atmosphere yall have at the stadium. It reminded me of a movie....I wasnt prepared for that....TWO THUMBS up for what your program has done in the past and what it is still going to be in future. Just know...we have a coach I call the Single Wing Killa (proved it to me again last night)! He is a mastermind on D and stays up all times of night studying every play he can get his hands on. He puts that much time and effort in it. Anyways...best wishes to your program in future....Great tradition...
The horn is like their mouth, loud but never used in the correct manner. Oh hell im getting warmed up.

Reactions: MT2023
The horn is like their mouth, loud but never used in the correct manner. Oh hell im getting warmed up.

You really dislike Giles. Why?

I know Giles hated PV back in the day, but we never hated Giles. I didn't know any fanbase had that much animosity for Giles.

I know Giles hated PV back in the day, but we never hated Giles. I didn't know any fanbase had that much animosity for Giles.
I don't remember Giles ever really hating PV. Hated that we had to play them in the playoffs in the years that Thomas and Julius were both seniors. But don't recall any hate for PV, at least not in my circle.

That is true, NO DOUBT next year is going to be a down year with a young QB they going to mold that is going to the next big thing in Appo. Mark my word! What Doug has built with this community has people begging to play for him. He has our lil league up thriving hard!

Just saw that quarterback’s highlights. Man amongst boys. Defenses will have their hands full in the coming years.

To be honest, I love Giles and their fans. But they are so easy to poke a stick at and get fired up. I’ve had some good times on here with that great fan base. It’s nothing personal and I think they know that. Do y’all??

Just saw that quarterback’s highlights. Man amongst boys. Defenses will have their hands full in the coming years.
From what outlet did you see the highlights? I remember when Graves was in 8th grade as a QB, he was going to be a special talent. He would have been QB for Appo as a sophomore if it wasnt for Page and Scruggs showing the goods they possess at that position. Remember this name yall....Tre Lawing! If he keeps his head on correctly and doesnt "roll with the bad crowd." He is going to be GREAT! Appo might have a few down years after this season, but lil league and middle school ball is looking promising! Doug created a football monster in Appo!

From what outlet did you see the highlights? I remember when Graves was in 8th grade as a QB, he was going to be a special talent. He would have been QB for Appo as a sophomore if it wasnt for Page and Scruggs showing the goods they possess at that position. Remember this name yall....Tre Lawing! If he keeps his head on correctly and doesnt "roll with the bad crowd." He is going to be GREAT! Appo might have a few down years after this season, but lil league and middle school ball is looking promising! Doug created a football monster in Appo!

Tre Lawing has a hudl page with highlights from this season.

Tre Lawing has a hudl page with highlights from this season.
Just found it...I didnt know that...WOW? Just watched them. He started on JV as QB this year. I cant remember another 8th grader starting that position on JV in Appo. His has hip movement speed and dang SO DANG BIG to be at that age. He probably 6'2, 180 ALREADY?!!! Im telling you Appo is here to stay!!!!! What Doug has built here is legacy! What I like about Tre is that he is straight from Appo born and raised just like all our crop! NOBODY can say we recruited anyone to win a title. NOPE...this born and raised crop around here! Tre will probably be starting QB in his Sophomore year more than likely if he keeps listening to these coaches and stays on that weight room regime. Doug has one of the best weight room routines in the state!!!! @HolyFrog @oldfool @OldSchoolRaider @BCKnights GO to hudl and check him out!

Just found it...I didnt know that...WOW? Just watched them. He started on JV as QB this year. I cant remember another 8th grader starting that position on JV in Appo. His has hip movement speed and dang SO DANG BIG to be at that age. He probably 6'2, 180 ALREADY?!!! Im telling you Appo is here to stay!!!!! What Doug has built here is legacy! What I like about Tre is that he is straight from Appo born and raised just like all our crop! NOBODY can say we recruited anyone to win a title. NOPE...this born and raised crop around here! Tre will probably be starting QB in his Sophomore year more than likely if he keeps listening to these coaches and stays on that weight room regime. Doug has one of the best weight room routines in the state!!!! @HolyFrog @oldfool @OldSchoolRaider @BCKnights GO to hudl and check him out!

Page was VERY VERY good running the offense. Maybe not the greatest athlete, but ran it amazing. I'm sure there is a parent out there SOMEWHERE who is incredibly proud :)

Page was VERY VERY good running the offense. Maybe not the greatest athlete, but ran it amazing. I'm sure there is a parent out there SOMEWHERE who is incredibly proud :)
Why would you quote this last comment and then reply talking about my son? I was talking about Tre the 8th grader? Im lost?

8th grade JV starting Qb, that size already! Athletic and he makes plays! He outta start next year as a freshman!

Send me a link

Ohhh yeah, I look forward to watching him the next 4 years. #PO1 crew

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT