ADVERTISEMENT

Appomattox Raiders

Final 47-17 We coming! Raiders getting better each week.
lets let the raiders beat a good doubleA team like gretna,radford or glenvar before we get too excited. Im not still convinced much has changed The second round of the play-offs will be the real test........

Reactions: catchtds
lets let the raiders beat a good doubleA team like gretna,radford or glenvar before we get too excited. Im not still convinced much has changed The second round of the play-offs will be the real test........
Not so sure about Glenvar being in that conversation this season.

Looking more and more like Radford and Appo will meet in round 2 of the playoffs and I would rather play any team but them. Scares the hell out me
I respect your take utkrazy419, but I go a different route with Appo. The last 8 or 9 years is plenty for me to see. Even on years in which they dont look as good early on and lose early on, they get into the playoffs and run through Reg C into the semifinals. I will only be convinced that Appo is down when a team like Radford, Glenvar, or Gretna beats them IN the playoffs. Credit Gretna for a great win, but let's see what happens in the playoffs. If Appo loses to Radford or Gretna, guarantee you the game is close and undecided in the mid 4th qtr.

Looking more and more like Radford and Appo will meet in round 2 of the playoffs and I would rather play any team but them. Scares the hell out me

I respect your take utkrazy419, but I go a different route with Appo. The last 8 or 9 years is plenty for me to see. Even on years in which they dont look as good early on and lose early on, they get into the playoffs and run through Reg C into the semifinals. I will only be convinced that Appo is down when a team like Radford, Glenvar, or Gretna beats them IN the playoffs. Credit Gretna for a great win, but let's see what happens in the playoffs. If Appo loses to Radford or Gretna, guarantee you the game is close and undecided in the mid 4th qtr.
Not sure i agree with you however everyone is entitled to their opinion so as you said i respect that.That said, i think radford beats the raiders by at least 14 pointsi if not more if they do meet..............

I don't disagree that the Raiders have had some struggles this year, but I'd bet Gretna wouldn't be happy to draw them in the first round. Not a likely scenario, but whoever does probably won't be hi-fiving. Also, is 7-1 Buckingham a good AA team? Not being a smart aleck, just wondering if they're good or is it just a weak schedule.

I think 3 scores is about right. Radford will without question be the best team Appo sees all year, I'd take them by 10-14+ over Heritage and Rustburg.

In a normal season (read: Radford not being this good), I think Appo's shortcomings could slip under the radar long enough to win them 2C before invariably either Graham or Union would beat them in the semis and people could still say Appo going 14 games was a good thing but this isn't a normal season and C2 is a buzzsaw and I find it highly unlikely Appo could survive not only Radford and Gretna (again) but then Union or Graham and then Riverheads at the end.

I don't disagree that the Raiders have had some struggles this year, but I'd bet Gretna wouldn't be happy to draw them in the first round. Not a likely scenario, but whoever does probably won't be hi-fiving. Also, is 7-1 Buckingham a good AA team? Not being a smart aleck, just wondering if they're good or is it just a weak schedule.

extremely weak schedule Only team they have beat worth mentioning is lunenburg central.All the other teams i would consider cupcakes

Reactions: Kimosabe5
Ok! Well let’s see how it all shakes out ! Not the same team as they were the first four games but I will not make excuses! So all I have is beware we coming
Ok thats cool.As the old saying goes, we can agree to disagree. Time will tell us who is correct..........

Reactions: Stabler1980
I’ve seen Central Woodstock and Buckingham “up close and personal”. Buckingham is a very good 2A team.

I’ve seen Central Woodstock and Buckingham “up close and personal”. Buckingham is a very good 2A team.
Curious ? Who did you see buckingham play? Looking at their schedule don't see and high caliber teams except central lunenburg?

Curious ? Who did you see buckingham play? Looking at their schedule don't see and high caliber teams except central lunenburg?
Madison County has played both. I guess we aren’t “high caliber” at 5-3 but we have competed pretty well in all games so far this season. Buckingham has all the pieces to make a good run in the post season.

Last edited:
i will give you credit since a winning record is good any time in high school football.That said, you are probably in the weakest region in the state and i doubt buckingham can win more than 1 game unless they get lucky in the play-offs and get several weak average teams. i might be wrong ,but a can't remember and 2A state champions from your region in the last 20 years

i will give you credit since a winning record is good any time in high school football.That said, you are probably in the weakest region in the state and i doubt buckingham can win more than 1 game unless they get lucky in the play-offs and get several weak average teams. i might be wrong ,but a can't remember and 2A state champions from your region in the last 20 years
Region B is not the weakest region in the state... They are arguably the best and most balanced region top to bottom.

Region B is not the weakest region in the state... They are arguably the best and most balanced region top to bottom.
I dunno, 2C is very good this year.

Region A is the weakest, and usually is. They are much better in higher or lower classifications but they did win a state title more recently than anyone except D.

2B is very good and balanced. Several really good teams that could win it all. I dunno how the bottom half looks but the top is great.

2C is loaded in the top four but seems to really drop off. But they’re very very good 1-4.

2D is extremely top heavy. 2-3 very good teams capable of making a deep run then the wheels fall off. Tazwell, GC, Lee, etc….just aren’t very good at all. But the top two are very complete teams that’ll be tough outs.

I’d rank them:
C-B-D-A, but I could def see C and B flipped.

I think Region B has 3 (maybe up to 5) teams who compete for a title in any 2A region in the state.

Central Woodstock, Buckingham, and Riverheads would be in the conversation regardless of the region.

Fort Defiance might be playing as good as anyone right now. And last years BRD regular season champ, Strasburg, just thumped a very good Clarke team. Either of these teams would be a tough out no matter the region.

Clarke can pose a challenge to most teams not used to that offense and their team physical strength.

Who wants to see Stuarts Draft on the opposing sidelines come playoff time?

Madison has put 50+ in 5 games. They aren’t quite ready for prime time yet…but they could pull an upset in most regions.

Region B is good, and deep, this year. There may well be a team from another Region win the State. But that does not mean Region B isn’t at or very near the top.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT