ADVERTISEMENT

Battlefield after week 9

FoxesPride

VaPreps Varsity
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2017
#1 Eastern View (8-0, 4-0)
EV has had a week to get healthy, which doesn’t bode well for Spotsylvania. While the gap may be closing between EV and the rest of the Battlefield, we will have to wait for next year to see them challenged.
Prediction (10-0, 6-0)

#2 James Monroe (5-3, 3-1)
JM did it again and has jumped from 4th to 2nd in this week’s rankings. The eye test told me that they were just ahead of Courtland and Caroline, but they have proven me wrong. Either the team I saw against KG has gotten a lot better, or Spotsy and Chancellor are really suffering from injuries. Either way, they close out the season with wins over Courtland and Caroline and finish 2nd in the Battlefield with a record of 5-1.
Prediction (7-3, 5-1)

#3 Spotsylvania (6-2, 3-1)
I still don’t know what to make of this team. They’ve won six games, but those teams are a combined 14-37, with 5-4 Chancellor as their best win. They took care of business this week with a win over Caroline. They will lose to EV this week, setting up a pretty good showdown with what should be a 5-4 King George squad.
Prediction: (6-4, 3-3)

#4 Chancellor (5-4, 3-2)
I’m leaving Chancellor ahead of KG because of the head-to-head result, but I think injuries have depleted the Chargers. Chancellor faces EV to close out the season and will finish with a record of 5-5, 3-3 in the Battlefield.
Prediction: (5-5, 3-3)

#5 King George (4-4, 1-3)
Well, King George figured out how to win a close Battlefield game. They almost squandered a 20 point lead in the second half to Courtland. They outgained Courtland 345-167, but had 12 penalties for 131 yards compared to Courtland’s 1 for 5 yards. If they can clean up the penalty situation and stay healthy they can finish 6-4 and maybe slip into the playoffs. This week they get Caroline and hopefully can focus on playing with discipline.
Prediction: (6-4, 3-3)

#6 Courtland (1-8, 0-5)
Courtland is missing some pieces offensively and is clearly very young. They close out the season with JM and the way JM is beating people right now, I don’t see Courtland having much of a chance.
Prediction: (1-9, 0-6)

#7 Caroline (1-7, 1-3)
Caroline closes out the year with KG and JM. I don’t see them winning either game. If KG doesn’t clean up their penalty issues Caroline may very well hang around for a while. It appears that they have a lot of Sophomores and Juniors contributing, so maybe they bounce back next year.
Prediction: (1-9, 1-5)

Ct started 6 sophs and 1 freshman against KG on Friday.. However, the item to look at here, is the talented JV program. With all of the youngsters getting moved up over the past four weeks, they continue to thrive with about 85% freshman starters. The Cougars are in great shape , they will be back alot stronger next year, although very young in most positions. The skill positions will be loaded with young talent! But!! Wait, they still will run the same offense. So, will have to wait for the next chapter??? Come on JC , let's change some things up, do not waste all the young talent you have coming up over the next two years!

Reactions: 7time
Ct started 6 sophs and 1 freshman against KG on Friday.. However, the item to look at here, is the talented JV program. With all of the youngsters getting moved up over the past four weeks, they continue to thrive with about 85% freshman starters. The Cougars are in great shape , they will be back alot stronger next year, although very young in most positions. The skill positions will be loaded with young talent! But!! Wait, they still will run the same offense. So, will have to wait for the next chapter??? Come on JC , let's change some things up, do not waste all the young talent you have coming up over the next two years!
Yeah, KG is pretty young too. They played with 6 seniors, 10 juniors, 4 sophomores, and 1 freshman for the most part. 5 of the seniors are o/d linemen and one is a LB. They bring back ALL of their skill players and have some coming from the JV and middle school that may be able to play right away. They should be improved over the next few years and might actually be real good next year, just have to replace those linemen. There's always the dreaded "transfer portal" that you have to worry about...lol.

I saw that in the paper looking at the rosters that KG has some youngsters on this years team. Going to have to replace the trench boys, having Mutter and Campbell back will help! WR group did not show me anything, Mutter lives dangerously with alot of passes. Ct next year will be good, but will still be a year away from having that powerhouse team agian. Hey, think our JV teams are playing in championship game on Nov 9th at 9am.

I saw that in the paper looking at the rosters that KG has some youngsters on this years team. Going to have to replace the trench boys, having Mutter and Campbell back will help! WR group did not show me anything, Mutter lives dangerously with alot of passes. Ct next year will be good, but will still be a year away from having that powerhouse team agian. Hey, think our JV teams are playing in championship game on Nov 9th at 9am.
Yeah, that's amazing considering how many"JV" kids we both have playing varsity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT