ADVERTISEMENT

BATTLEFIELD AFTER WEEK TWO

skynard1

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 12, 2009
Nothing has changed in the rankings from last week. Looks like JM and Courtland might be on the move. The rest seem to be keeping on keeping on. Lets see how I figure this weeks standings IMO!
# 1 Chancellor: The thrilling game we did on CVTV Friday night the Chargers showed why probably why they are one of the best teams in the state? This game will be shown on CVTV tonight Tuesday and Wednesday night at 7 pm. Jason Brown showed why he may be one of the best QB prospects in the state as he told me Tech is looking at him among others! EJ Jenkins also one of the best receivers teamed up for 4 td passes and Brown had 6 and a possible 7 that the REF determined was a pick! Tremendous game and as long as I have been watching HS football other than the JM Brookville years ago may be the best I have ever seen! Remember Chancellor beat one of the best football programs in the state that had won 34 straight regular season games in one of the toughest districts in the state! Congrats go out to Bob Oliver on one if not the best wins in his long career!
# 2 KG : The Foxes have yet to be tested but beat a little better team in Essex who has not scored this year! Is the Foxes defense that good or is Essex offense inept? Lot of good athletes at Essex but in truth it may be a little bit of both. Jordan Alley still continues to impress at the running back position. Foxes may get a little better test at Liberty this Friday. Mike Smith has his team believing and looks like they may be a tough out.
# 3 JM : You ever heard the saying" YOU NEVER LOOK AS BAD AS YOU LOOK WHEN YOU LOSE OR AS GOOD AS YOU ARE WHEN YOU WIN? Well that's what you can say about JM this week. Last week they played one of the best teams in the state and aren't as bad as they looked against Dinwiddie! This week they handly beat a not so good York team and are probably are not as good as they looked Friday! made the statement last week that JM will improve with that great veteran coaching staff with Serbay leading the way and I think they will by mid season. Saw them scrimmage MV and when they get the right combination of players in the right spots and decide on which sophomore qb to lead the team this team may make a run. Never count out a Serbay team!
# 4 Courtland: Courtland is young but has been beaten by two good teams. I am a little concerned about their offense but the defense seems to be decent. They seem to be lacking in the QB area and the passing game seems to be non existent and running game also! we shall see how the Cougars do against lesser opponents in the district! Won't happen this week as they play a Good Louisa team.
# 5 Caroline: The Cavaliers got bad news this week when they found out their good QB David Ware decided before the first game he was going to quit football and concentrate on basketball? yes he is a good basketball player but at 6 ft 1 unless you are Michael Jordan how far can you go in basketball? After this I started to drop them down but they seemed to play pretty decent against a good Patrick Henry team. Will have to see how they do in the coming weeks but that Qb loss hurts their progress! Poor Antron Yeates what more bad can happen to Caroline!
# 6 Spotsy: Well my boys from post oak this is a win I had you down for! hope you could pull it off but I guess it wasn't in the works! All the reports I got from people who went the defense could not tackle anyone I saw them in a scrimmage but the team has very little size speed or talent and in football I hate to say what that means. Keep fighting knights better days are ahead in the next few years!
There we go with no changes! keep your eyes on the JM team to move up as the year goes on and until then get out and enjoy Friday night lights!

The Cougars are just so young, I was at the game the other night and JC is just running a very vanilla version of the wing-t. They tried to pass a couple times but the first was about 2 feet to high for the receiver to haul in, as he was wide open along the right sideline, the second got swatted right back into the QB's face. The QB is 6'4 and has a great arm, but just has not thrown many passes. The O-line is just so young and non existent at this early junction of the season. A supper young team facing off against those first two teams is a recipe for 0-2. Riverbend was huge and just had their way defensively with the Cougars. The Courtland defense is pretty decent, just that they are on the field way to long with no support from the offense, second half of games they wear down. The game was 3-0 at half, and CHS had Riverbend at their own 10 with 3rd and 24 to go, they allowed Gar butt to slip out, missed tackle and 60 yards later had 1st and 10 at the 15, where the cougars held. If Courtland had some offense they would have taken this game. The O-line just is not getting any push, they have really good size, but are just pups learning. The running backs are fantastic, these next 3 in line, especially Zin and Kamron have all the potential if not more to be better than the previous group! Just going to take time to get it all together. They will challenge Louisa, but will wear down and lose by 2 or 3 scores. The cupboard is full of talented upcoming players, some really big boys are Freshman. Like I said in earlier posts, get your licks in now, they will not be down to long!

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT