ADVERTISEMENT

Battlefield District??

Haven't seen enough to make anything more than a couple comments:

1) Eastern View should be the class of the District. They will be until someone knocks them off. Just not sure anyone can this year.

2) Spotsylvania has a lot of good rumors floating around. Based on what I hear and who I hear it from, they just may surprise a few folks this year.

The remaining teams will be competitive. Need to get past the scrimmages to make any refinements to my thoughts.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I believe things are coming along very well. The new staff is great and high energy. Lets get through the scrimmages and see if we get a little taste of things.

1) Eastern View should be the class of the District. They will be until someone knocks them off. Just not sure anyone can this year.

2) Spotsylvania has a lot of good rumors floating around. Based on what I hear and who I hear it from, they just may surprise a few folks this year.

The remaining teams will be competitive. Need to get past the scrimmages to make any refinements to my thoughts.

Hey/ Lafayette comes up to you in another week . Let me what you think as I cannot make it.

Cougars are a little older moving from diapers to pull-ups. They have three great RB's where two of them have attended high profile camps and came away having opened some eyes. The 3rd is a bull dozer who is very tough to get on the ground. They will have a sizable O-line and D-line anchored by a 6'3 350 pound senior stud! A definite playoff caliber team just a year off from really making a bigger splash on the big stage. EV will be atop the district as they are the most experienced team, but not that far ahead where both Courtland and JM could beat them.

Reactions: 7time
Hey/ Lafayette comes up to you in another week . Let me what you think as I cannot make it.
I'll post a review. The Rams are always a tough nut to crack. I expect nothing less. The Chargers will put what they learned last night to use and be ready!

I'll post a review. The Rams are always a tough nut to crack. I expect nothing less. The Chargers will put what they learned last night to use and be ready!
Thanks- the better the opponent in scrimmages the better ready for game 1. Chancellor and Henrico fit the bill!

Thanks- the better the opponent in scrimmages the better ready for game 1. Chancellor and Henrico fit the bill!
Were ya'll at home against Henrico yesterday? I thought I saw the lights at the old stadium on. Is that Cooley Field?

Were ya'll at home against Henrico yesterday? I thought I saw the lights at the old stadium on. Is that Cooley Field?
No- both scrimmages are away. Don't know what was going on at Cooley Field. Funny, we were the only BRD team with both scrimmages away.

No- both scrimmages are away. Don't know what was going on at Cooley Field. Funny, we were the only BRD team with both scrimmages away.
Couple memories of Cooley Field. My first time ther ya'll did your best to freeze me!!!!

Couple memories of Cooley Field. My first time ther ya'll did your best to freeze me!!!!
Some real classics there. The semi final against a great King George team, stopped a 2 point conversion to win and the upset of huge and loaded Liberty Bealeton some of the best!

02 or 03. Chancellor at Lafayette in a playoff game. Temps in the upper 20's winds gusting like 30 mph blowing into the visitors stands. Refs were 45 minutes late and it went into overtime. My teeth chattered for days!!! Lafayette won it.

02 or 03. Chancellor at Lafayette in a playoff game. Temps in the upper 20's winds gusting like 30 mph blowing into the visitors stands. Refs were 45 minutes late and it went into overtime. My teeth chattered for days!!! Lafayette won it.
Yeah it was ice cold!! But Courtland got us back in the playoffs I think the following year by one point after we were flagged two consecutive times on the extra point. The third attempt missed. Never seen anything like it before or since.

Hey Chancellorfan- any info on the Chancellor/Lafayette scrimmage last evening?

Sorry Lafayette, yesterday got away from me!

On the JV side, I have to say the Chargers looked great. The Rams didn't look bad, I just think the Chargers brought more experience to the table and until they started rotating the 2s in and moving people around, they could do what they wanted to.

The Rams looked good from the start. During the first couple series I was very pleased as both teams looked really good. Chancellor struck first but the Rams followed up not long after. They played a 12 minute period to wrap things up and Lafayette took it. 2-0 I think. The Chargers are young and they blew a coverage and Lafayette did what good teams do ... ran it again .... and again until the Chargers fixed it.

Good scrimmage. Lafayette will do well this year, like always. The Charges brought a lot of positives away and are working really hard. They have a very, very tough nut to crack to start their season ... good 'ol Massaponax. That game is their focus right now and they are really working hard.

Good luck to the Rams!!!

Sorry Lafayette, yesterday got away from me!

On the JV side, I have to say the Chargers looked great. The Rams didn't look bad, I just think the Chargers brought more experience to the table and until they started rotating the 2s in and moving people around, they could do what they wanted to.

The Rams looked good from the start. During the first couple series I was very pleased as both teams looked really good. Chancellor struck first but the Rams followed up not long after. They played a 12 minute period to wrap things up and Lafayette took it. 2-0 I think. The Chargers are young and they blew a coverage and Lafayette did what good teams do ... ran it again .... and again until the Chargers fixed it.

Good scrimmage. Lafayette will do well this year, like always. The Charges brought a lot of positives away and are working really hard. They have a very, very tough nut to crack to start their season ... good 'ol Massaponax. That game is their focus right now and they are really working hard.

Good luck to the Rams!!!

Thanks for the update. The Rams this year are also young in the offensive backfield and defensive secondary! That is something that hasn't happened in some time. First game is IC Norcom of Norfolk, not the usual cream puff. By 10 PM on 8/31 I will know a lot.
Good Luck to the Chargers/ real tough game 1.

Hope one day we can actually meet. Both of us have been around this board for a day or two. Good luck to the Rams this season!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT