ADVERTISEMENT

BATTLEFIELD RANKINGS AFTER WEEK 8

skynard1

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 12, 2009
Now we get down to the real nitty gritty as the teams gear up for the playoffs with 3 more games in the season. Looks like three teams and maybe four will get a shot at the playoffs! My my where has this season gone. Things now seem to be shaping up. IMO lets see how they stand this week.
#1 KG 6@ 1: The foxes seem to be a force to deal with as they are consistent in their play! Williams seem to develop every week as one of the best QB's in the league. Jordan Alley is the leader I thought he was with the ability to take it to the house on any play. Their defense seems to be jelling but this weeks Courtland and Chancellor and JM left we shall see how good the foxes are!
#2 CHANCELLOR 4 @ 2 : I watched the game last night on the JM educational tv network and they played well! Brown IMO is by far the best Qb in the District by far and one of the best in the state. Armstead is developing into good back! Those receivers Washington, Jenkins etc are as good as any in the state. Looks like the defense with all that talent is starting to shape up! No reason with all this talent the Chargers shouldn't be one of the best teams in the state. That game in a few weeks against KG should be a barn burner and for all the marbles.
# 3 JM 4 @ 2 : Even after the loss to Chancellor this week I feel JM should be still ranked third ahead of Courtland but its close. Once again their passing game this week hardly scratched the surface and it seem the jackets will be a mostly a running team and over the past spread pass happy JM teams who would have thunk it? JM played well Friday night but the Chargers just simply had much more talent than JM. JM is still a excellent team and the contest against Courtland will be a good one.
# 4 Courtland 3 @ 4: The Cougars as I predicted early this year is getting better but when you play a team like Spotsy how can you possibly tell! They still have a very in experienced QB but their backs Friday all 4 had over 100 yards. The Cougar defense like all year has played well. JC Hall lost 18 of his 22 starters this year and has done a great job molding this team. They lost all their offense and the QB transferred but Hall has got the troops believing in his system and with another win or two just may be playoff bound and what a accomplishment for Hall and his young team. This may be his best coaching ever! The game this week will tell you a lot on how good they are as they play a good KG team.
# 5 Caroline 1 @ 6 : I see something in Caroline's losing efforts that no one has probably seen. They seem to be getting better! They seem to be hanging with these good teams but run out of gas at the end. There is no substitute for talent and Caroline like Spotsy just lack it big time! They still have a shot at beating Spotsy and that will be a building block for Caroline.
# 6 Spotsy 1 @ 6 : What can I say about Spotsy that hasn't been said before. They are doing the best they have with what they have in the worst talent in the league by far. There is no substitute for speed and they have none! No substitute for size and they have none! No substitute for quickness and they have none! All they have is heart but that will take you but so far! That's ok boys from post oak help is on the way weather its more talent or a more experienced head coach things will look up before long. Been a long season Spotsy something that has been a way of life since Coleman left but keep on keeping on fighting for the red white and blue.
There we are the way I see the district! Only surprise I think is KG ahead of Chancellor but the season aint over yet. Been a quick season with playoffs in sight how far will a battlefield team go is the question? First lets crown the District champion then worry about the playoffs. Get out and catch a HS football game the greatest sport going. Did I say playoffs? playoffs ! PLAYOFFS!

Can't really argue these. I could dispute KG or Chancellor but that has to be resolved in a game now. 50/50. Chancellor should win. They have the goods without question but like I've said before, the Charger primary weapon is the one they use to shoot themselves in the foot. Teams do this at times. It's HS Football. They're kids. But I have never seen a team that screws themselves more often than Chancellor.

Can't really argue these. I could dispute KG or Chancellor but that has to be resolved in a game now. 50/50. Chancellor should win. They have the goods without question but like I've said before, the Charger primary weapon is the one they use to shoot themselves in the foot. Teams do this at times. It's HS Football. They're kids. But I have never seen a team that screws themselves more often than Chancellor.
Hate to agree with you shauntclair you are right on about Chancellor! Hate to stick my neck out for them as they have let me down with buckets of talent over the years and you are right usually self destruction is their motto! The Wallace years all the way back when my son played with player of the year Rodney Woodward, Melvin Davis, Mark Long and many other talented college players but got in the playoffs and self destructed! By far the best talent in the district and with 2 losses they are under achieving IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT