ADVERTISEMENT

BATTLEFIELD RANKNGS AFTER WEEK 9

skynard1

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 12, 2009
Been pretty easy pickings in the district until this week. One big upset Friday was Courtland beating King George! Boy did I blow that one predicting 28 to 7 King George! This has turned the district upside down and pretty much assures the cougars a playoff spot. Here we go with my district rankings this week. Remember this is my opinion for what its worth!
# 1 CHANCELLOR 6@ 2: Yep the chargers are back in the # 1 spot where they should have been all year! Loaded with D1 talent it looks like they may be starting to play consistent like I expected. No contest against Caroline as they won easy like they should have. Big test this week as they play KG and the foxes will be ready after the loss to Courtland! Should be a barn burner!
# 2 King George 6@2: Some might think that they should be ranked below Courtland after they lost to the cougars but I am basing my opinion on raw talent and I figure KG still has the second best talent the district! Give credit to the cougars for beating them but its not like Courtland drove 80 yards for the winning score it took a rare interception return by all things a 270 pound lineman to get it done. No disrespect to Courtland they deserved the victory. This was a good old fashion slobber knocker with both defenses prevailing and all year long Courtland's has been great on defense.
# 3 Courtland 4@ 4: This also might be a surprise to some as how can I drop JM below Courtland after JM blasted Spotsy! Well I believe Courtland is a little better than JM as the cougars have improved to the point they are a good football team. There are not many people in this state that could lose what JC Hall did last year and do what he has. Right now I would pick JC coach of the year but of course you have to advance well on in the playoffs to even be considered for COTY! We will see who the better team Friday as Courtland travels to the burg in Maury Stadium in a showdown against the Jackets!
# 4 JM 6 @ 2: JM still baffles me as they seem not to be able to have a balanced attack and throw the ball unheard of from a JM team. Yes against Spotsy they didn't need to throw by rushing for almost 400 yards but you watch good teams will starting to pack the box and cause them to beat you throwing. The jackets may be the best running attack in the district but you have to be able to throw a little to keep a good teams defense honest. You may see this against Courtland Friday night!
# 5 Caroline 1@7 : Out of hope for Caroline until they play Spotsy this week. They did have a decent game from Brindon Williams he rushed for 100 yards against Chancellor Friday but nothing else to brag about. They are waiting for Spotsy Friday night as Spotsy is waiting for them. They win Friday and be glad the season will end.
# 6 Spotsylvania 1@ 7 : Nothing more can I say about Spotsy but a chance Friday at Caroline! They simply have very little talent and from the looks of the JV team I saw Wednesday they have very little coming! Good luck boys from post oak the season will end in 2 weeks!
There we go my fearless rankings agree or disagree they was much harder this week. Now the big boys play each other the next two weeks to see who wins the district and the more important playoff seeding and the important home field in the playoffs. Two more weeks left in the regular season so get out there and see the greatest amateur sport HS football!

Last edited:
Looks like everything changes except for your #1, #5 and #6....Battlefield District is tough, tough, tough....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT