ADVERTISEMENT

Best Since 2013 Never To Win State Title

CRF4Dan

Richmond Region Football Writer
Staff
Dec 17, 2012
Mechanicsville, VA
I cannot recall what it was but earlier this week I got to thinking about the teams who have been good but have not won a state title. Specifically I was thinking the best teams since the realignment of 2013, not all-time. Here is what I came up with for Class 4.

Top 4 Without a State Final Appearance
Eastern View - 79% Win Pct. with a mark of 99-25
Monacan - 66% Win Pct. with a mark of 81-40
John Champe - 62% Win Pct. with a mark of 75-45
Warhill - 59% Win Pct. with a mark of 71-49

Top 4 To Appear In State Final But Not Win
Tuscarora - 81% Win Pct. with a mark of 112-26, 0-3 in State Finals
Sherando - 68% Win Pct. with a mark of 84-39, 0-4 in State Finals
King George - 62% Win Pct. with a mark of 74-45, 0-1 in State Finals
Henrico - 50% Win Pct. with a mark of 57-57, 0-1 in State Finals

So my question for fans of Class 4 is who from these two groups do you feel best about in 2024 and why?

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Tuscarora is a team that was bested by LC Bird in a game they should have won. They were outmatched by Highland Springs and Lake Taylor. This year though they have a team that is good enough to win it. They are fast and their D this year will be outstanding.

Tuscarora is a team that was bested by LC Bird in a game they should have won. They were outmatched by Highland Springs and Lake Taylor. This year though they have a team that is good enough to win it. They are fast and their D this year will be outstanding.
Dave Bedwell was how Tusky didn’t beat Bird. I’d agree on that statement had you said it about Salem this past December.

I agree on them being the best team out west this year. Gotta beat Salem but that side of the bracket is Tusky’s to lose.

Dave Bedwell was how Tusky didn’t beat Bird. I’d agree on that statement had you said it about Salem this past December.

I agree on them being the best team out west this year. Gotta beat Salem but that side of the bracket is Tusky’s to lose.
I will be surprised if Salem makes it out of Region D this year. With that being said, Salem has surprised me before!! On paper, Salem will have a down year. Unless some of the underclassmen developed/have developed a lot this off season.
4a as a whole will be Pheobus to lose.

• Haha
Reactions: MaroonDude
I will be surprised if Salem makes it out of Region D this year. With that being said, Salem has surprised me before!! On paper, Salem will have a down year. Unless some of the underclassmen developed/have developed a lot this off season.
4a as a whole will be Pheobus to lose.
Who in Region D is beating Salem though?

I think the 804 has a lot to say about that last statement. Varina, Dinwiddie and Huguenot will all be stronger than they were last year.

Nobody in Region D will beat Salem. I’d be very surprised unless I’m just ignorant on who brings back what. GW may have the best shot but we’re 0-5 against Sparty since 2014.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT