------------------------------------------
On the outside:
21. Rockbridge 1-1
22. Liberty 1-1
23. Dan River 0-1
24. Rustburg 1-1
25. William Campbell 1-0

Last edited:
I still say they win 5-6 or the fanbase will explode..
With only the top 12 teams making the West playoffs this year they'll probably need at least 5 wins to get in. If Amherst doesn't get to .500 or make the playoffs this year then I think Coach Phillips will likely be out. He's a good guy, a good molder of character, but 3 losing seasons in a row in Amherst will likely mean a change unfortunately

With only the top 12 teams making the West playoffs this year they'll probably need at least 5 wins to get in. If Amherst doesn't get to .500 or make the playoffs this year then I think Coach Phillips will likely be out. He's a good guy, a good molder of character, but 3 losing seasons in a row in Amherst will likely mean a change unfortunately
You're right Mike as always..Its been a decline over the last 6 or 7 years and with all the good players they have I would think this will be it..I really don't get it Mike,I've sit in a room with him for about 3 to 4 hours and the man knows football and more important He's a awesome man..When Amherst plays on friday nights they seem like they don't have a clue and I just dont get it...I talk to some of the parents and they see the 8th grade and J.V teams playing really good football and when they get to Varsity they lose by 40 to those same teams..I know a few people from everywhere and I keep hearing of a few highly respectable coaches are in the waiting..

You're right Mike as always..Its been a decline over the last 6 or 7 years and with all the good players they have I would think this will be it..I really don't get it Mike,I've sit in a room with him for about 3 to 4 hours and the man knows football and more important He's a awesome man..When Amherst plays on friday nights they seem like they don't have a clue and I just dont get it...I talk to some of the parents and they see the 8th grade and J.V teams playing really good football and when they get to Varsity they lose by 40 to those same teams..I know a few people from everywhere and I keep hearing of a few highly respectable coaches are in the waiting..
Amherst's JV would probably have beaten Salem this year if the starting QB didn't cramp up with about 5 minutes left in the game and was unable to return. I expected big things out of Amherst's Varsity because the JV's huge linemen and the QB were all sophomores. I figured if those guys couldn't make Varsity then that meant they had some really good players up on Varsity. They came out got a scoop and score, then had an interception and things were looking good for them. Then things got rolling for Salem and Amherst got behind and lost their momentum.

Amherst's JV would probably have beaten Salem this year if the starting QB didn't cramp up with about 5 minutes left in the game and was unable to return. I expected big things out of Amherst's Varsity because the JV's huge linemen and the QB were all sophomores. I figured if those guys couldn't make Varsity then that meant they had some really good players up on Varsity. They came out got a scoop and score, then had an interception and things were looking good for them. Then things got rolling for Salem and Amherst got behind and lost their momentum.
We saw the same thing but why?Thats the question people are asking..The seniors(12 seniors last I counted) is Amherst weakest class but things shouldnt be this bad...

I'm not a big fan of the 5 an 6 win teams getting in. I sucked when 9 an 8 win teams missed but it worse when u have a 4 or 5 win team get in. I honestly don't see how they've kept him this long like I say after they let's run the same play on every 1st down game against salem I will not be back at a amherst game till he's gone.

We saw the same thing but why?Thats the question people are asking..The seniors(12 seniors last I counted) is Amherst weakest class but things shouldnt be this bad...
For the last 4 or 5 years all I've heard about is how good the jv is an B team. An everyone is always saying wait till next year an next year never comes. I know I'm repeating my self but it burnt into my mind the man ran the same play on every 1st down against salem. Fake hand of to guy in backfield 360 spin then up the middle. An he insists on pounding the ball of the guards an tackles when he has small fast backs. Break them around the edges some let them use the speed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT