ADVERTISEMENT

Bluefield - Graham.

19GHS87

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 10, 2016
Thoughts on this one?

Bluefield is favored to win. Can Graham win? Yes.

I think in order for Graham to have a good chance to win, they have to put pressure on Bluefield's QB in passing situations and force him into bad and quick decisions. Bluefield has a lot of speed at the WR positions. Bluefield has a strong running game as well, but I believe that one of Graham's strengths this season will be the run-defense. Also, protecting Lester on offense will be key. I don't believe he will be able to drop back and pass because the interior of Graham's O-line is inexperienced. Graham will need to roll Lester out and let him make plays with his feet and throw while on the run. Bluefield has a ton of speed at WR, but Graham's DB's and safety have good speed too, although a little inexperienced (That's why I think it is imperative to put pressure on Bluefield's QB early and often).

Should be a good one, I'll be pulling for the G-Men. Hope and pray for a good game with no injuries.

I'll be posting articles and news stories about the game on this thread throughout the week, if anybody is interested.

Good luck to the GMen. Bluefield is a tough out for sure. Seems like this game will probably go down to the wire.

Reactions: 19GHS87
95% of people are giving Graham no chance of winning. I'm hoping they can pull it out. It will be an uphill battle but that doesn't mean the battle cannot be won. Graham's defense is solid, not like the defense Bluefield faced last year. Offense is iffy, got get things clicking to have a chance. I agree, hit Bluefield's QB with all we've got out of the gate. Don't give them a chance to jump out to a big lead.

95% of people are giving Graham no chance of winning. I'm hoping they can pull it out. It will be an uphill battle but that doesn't mean the battle cannot be won. Graham's defense is solid, not like the defense Bluefield faced last year. Offense is iffy, got get things clicking to have a chance. I agree, hit Bluefield's QB with all we've got out of the gate. Don't give them a chance to jump out to a big lead.
Bluefields qb had a tendency when he was at Tazewell to make bad throws when under pressure. 10,000 plus sets of eyes on you can cause things to happen too. He hasnt been in this big of a game before. It will be intereating to see how he responds. Bluefield wont see a defense as strong as Grahams all season ( excep for possibly LB.) if Grahams defense is anything as close as they were last year. Hearing that the Gilea offense moved the ball well is a good sign too.

Watched both Graham and Bluefield. Graham looked pretty good on Defense but not really that well on Offense. I know that can and probably will change. Bluefield is a monster on Offense with a lot of speed and the qb puts the ball on the money. Giles was running just basic defense putting no pressure on him, and if Graham don’t they WILL score. Receivers are fast and run good routs. Giles in my opinion looked really good on Offense against Bluefield. They moved the ball with first team and looked physical but bluefield also has speed on defense to recover. My opinion Bluefield is more balanced with more weapons and speed. I think they win by several scores.

I watched Glenvar vs Graham and Bluefield vs Giles. Glenvar is 35 points or more better than Giles and I don't mean this to be hateful to my Giles friends (my second favorite school by the way) but comparing Glenvars D and Giles D isn't even in the ballpark this year. I think Giles will actually do worse than last year. Graham scrimmaged a top 5-6 team in AA and Bluefield scrimmaged in my opinion, the worst Giles team I have ever seen, and I've watched the Spartans since 1979. Giles is young and an incredible football program and will be back, but this year I think will be the worst in over 4 decades in Pburg.

Grahams defense is performing well already (so is Glenvars for that matter). That may be what keeps the G-men in the game and their best chance to win. I am concerned about the inside run game. I am also concerned if Lester tries to just sit in the pocket and throw. May want to try a draw play or 2 out of the spread amd let Ray or Bradshaw use their athleticism to pick up yardage. Also, any word on Booker? I heard he was hurt in the last scrimmage.

I watched Glenvar vs Graham and Bluefield vs Giles. Glenvar is 35 points or more better than Giles and I don't mean this to be hateful to my Giles friends (my second favorite school by the way) but comparing Glenvars D and Giles D isn't even in the ballpark this year. I think Giles will actually do worse than last year. Graham scrimmaged a top 5-6 team in AA and Bluefield scrimmaged in my opinion, the worst Giles team I have ever seen, and I've watched the Spartans since 1979. Giles is young and an incredible football program and will be back, but this year I think will be the worst in over 4 decades in Pburg.
Lol, 35 points better?? I’ve watched both Glenvar scrimmages and they haven’t come close to scoring a point. Guess we will see how bad Giles is

You must have missed our team last year then....worst in 30 yrs easily....too many headaches....but both are now gone....this won't be a great Giles team but far from our worst

Bluefields qb had a tendency when he was at Tazewell to make bad throws when under pressure. 10,000 plus sets of eyes on you can cause things to happen too. He hasnt been in this big of a game before. It will be intereating to see how he responds. Bluefield wont see a defense as strong as Grahams all season ( excep for possibly LB.) if Grahams defense is anything as close as they were last year. Hearing that the Gilea offense moved the ball well is a good sign too.

I believe Carson Deeb is going to start at qb over Tazewell transfer Jamir Blevins

I believe Carson Deeb is going to start at qb over Tazewell transfer Jamir Blevins

Correct, Deeb is firmly locked into the starting role with Blevins currently being second string. Prior to an injury, Blevins was running third in the QB battle behind Deeb and a sophomore transfer from James Monroe. The JM transfer injured his collarbone during the first few practices, but is expected back early in the season the last I heard. I had heard that prior to the injury he was pushing Deeb for the starting job.

I think Bluefield is going to have the advantage here. The only game I see them losing is to LB again.

Lol, 35 points better?? I’ve watched both Glenvar scrimmages and they haven’t come close to scoring a point. Guess we will see how bad Giles is

We just have to agree to disagree. I think 35 points is being kind. Glenvar is at least 5 TDs better than Giles. You mentioned that Glenvar hasn't scored a point. They scrimmaged what is probably the best 2A defense in the state of Virginia in Graham, and they scrimmaged 4A Blacksburg. If Blacksburg were 2A instead of 4A, their defense would also likely be a top 4 defense in the state. I watched Giles last year also and I think this team is actually a bit worse.

Thanks. Either way, I believe Graham must pressure the qb to have a chance in this one. First game of the season, if the teams are close in skill level, which I believe they are, mistakes and nerves will play a big factor (especially in front of 10000 to 12000 people. Seems like Graham has their defense tuned in and Bluefield has the offense rolling, should be a good one.

Reactions: Gridiron1960

Yea, I guess we will......or have. Hopefully Giles turns it around next year.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT